BankFodder BankFodder

Baba Doc

Arrow Global-NCO Europe

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2907 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I am new and my problem dates back to 2007 when mobile connection collapsed leaving people gasping for air! Last Thursday, I received a letter from

Advantis Credit acting on behalf of their client Arrow Global Guemsey asking whether I was the person they are looking for as I had changed address. I have not replied yet. I want to proceed with caution. I know what it is about, it is about the dispute I had with both Orange and T-Mobile regarding the Early Termination Charges. I put my case to CISAS and the reply was unsatisfactory for me. There is also an 'ofcom final statement on additional charges' that seems to say that the ETC are dispropotionate to the actula cost. I am willing to compensate the provider but not prepared to pay the ETC. I have noticed a default on my credit file updated Nov 2010 by Arrow Global. I am desperate for help as to how to proceed. I do not want to give the DCA any way out! Thank you.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this as so many of us are facing the same issue. May be worth a read. I'd start with a Prove It, "no knowledge of debt to AGGL or Frederickson and see what comes back.

That's what I did and haven't heard anything yet, though it was only about 3-4 weeks ago.

You will get much better response if you start your own Post, it will go missed here.

Don't reply to their letter send a 'copy' of it to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact keep a diary of events. They are unsure as to who they are communicating with, if they then send you sensitive and personal info to you, without doing the required ID checks, then they will have yet again fallen foul of DPA guidelines.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you to both Tingy and Bazooka Boo for your reply.

BB, I do not know how to start my own Post. I would like to because, as you said, I might get better response. Advantis Credit which is a DCA acting on behalf of AGG have my name and new address is just that they are not sure and I did not reply to confirm. They stated in their letter that if I do not reply to their enquiry, they will assume that I am the person they are after. Do you think that it is appropriate to report them to OFT&TS?

What are the "required ID checks" they are supposed to do? what kind of things am I supposed to disclose to them if they ask in writing?

Tingy, do I wait until I get the demands for payment to my new address? Also, could you possibly refer me to the thread dedicated to this issue. I am happy to read. Thank you for your time.

Hello and Welcome, Baba Doc.

I have started a thread for you, please continue to post here with regards to this matter.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thank you MD, I was just being too lazy to ask!!!

Sorry Baba D....do you still have the letter they sent you?

You MUST keep a diary of events from now on regarding any contact they have with you, if they ring hang up, if they persist, laugh tell them everything in writing then hang up, keep a note of all phone calls, dates/times/ etc.

DO NOT discuss ANYTHING with them over the phone.

I'll be back on tomorrow, so just answer to this and it will flag up in my in box so I don't miss you...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you BB. I am worried they might be writing to my previous address. I have read a lot of posts in the last few days and there seem to be someone who was taken to court without him knowing about it!

I will keep a diary and will be follwing the discussion in the forum. Many, many thanks

Do they have your current address? If so and they are still sending mail to your old address, then any court action they bring and win by default, can easily be set aside and then defended so don't worry on that part.

Hi BB, I received a letter from Advantis Credit to my current address on 20/01, asking whether I am the person who lived in (.....) previously. The letter said that if I am the person to get in touch with them, if I am not they apologise but to still get in touch with them so that they can update their records and if I do not contact them, they will assume that I am the person they are looking for and they will be contacting me again to resolve the issue. I have not heard from them this week . I am expecting them to hound me because that's what they do best. What should I do next? Shall I just wait and see what their next move is? Thanks

Those letters are fantastic evidence that they are ignoring the DPA and failing to carry out sufficient tracing activity in order to confirm you are the person they are looking for!

Was it addressed to you personally or 'to the occupier'?

Make a copy of that and send it to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Ignore that childish missive, and file it away, start a diary of events, collate all letters and any subsequent phone calls. The next letter you will receive is from them saying that they have confirmed your address, possibly by using a utility company (again breaching the DPA) and that you must ring them immediately regarding a very important personal matter, then look at the method of delivery on the envelope and you will see it is at best second calass, but probably tnt/walk sort, thats just how IMPORTANT/URGENT this trivial matter really is!

Thanks BB. I have not heard from them and I am kind of worried!! The only entry I have in my diary is the 20/01 when I received the letter from Advantis. They do not seem to have my phone number. I read in another post that it is my duty to inform my creditors of change of address. Should I check if I have any post at my old address? Where do I stand with these people? Thanks

It is also their duty to correctly identify and trace alleged debtors! I'd be inclined to ignore them for the time being, and have a good read around the site, so that you get to grips with some terminology and tactics these fools employ to trick you.

First off have a read of the OFT's Debt Collection Guidelines, here you will see what they 'should' & 'shouldn't' do, but you will quickly learn that they completely ignore that.

So there is other ammunition to use against them, including but not limited to, CPUTR Regs, Protection from harassment act, Malicious communications act, Admin of Justice act, and plain old ignorance!.

Was the letter addressed to you personally, or just to the occupier?

There is no need to be worried, there is absolutely nothing that they can do......in fact all they do is send out threatening intimidating letters stating untruths and all the things they wish they could do to you but can't because they have NO LEGAL authority or powers.

If they get hold of your phone number then again all they do is get an ex burger flipper to sit in front of a telephone and a flip chart with a script on it, and they will ring you at all hours of the day, numerous times an hour in the hope that you actually won't know your rights and won't report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.

So you do not need to worry at all, once they get in touch, then proceed from there, it's a poxy mobile phone, not life or death! You'd think they'd realise that owing money and being in debt isn't the end of the world they like everyone to think it is!

Thank you for you help BB and for all the links that you have included. The letter was addressed to me and that is why I opened it. I have contacted some people who were in exactly the same situation and who went through the same process as me, i.e. deadlock letters, CISAS, MP, Trading Standards, etc.. and one of them received a letter from a network provider saying that he has "write-off credit control" and showing that he owes nothing. Other people have not heard from the network provider or the DCA! Are the Network porviders taking a random approach to collecting the money they think they owe? I am struggling to understand why some were written off and others are chased up? How would I know that the alleged debt is actually sold and that this will give the right to the new owner to start court proceedings? Also, I have disputed this with the two network providers, and if it disputed, can they still chase me for it? Thank you.

You can dispute it, certainly, and yes they should try to sort out the dispute by offering you the information you requested or otherwise, but often they won't, and in that instance you will need to have evidence that you have attempted to resolve the dispute amicably, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

As for knowing who owns the debt and whether they can take legal action or not, well the OC and new owners should send you supporting documents stating exactly this, a good indicator is if on the letters you are being sent it sates 'their client' then they are acting on behalf of the OC.

Generally it depends on the name of the DCA doing the chasing, sometimes they will first use their own in house collection arm, before palming it off to a third party.

I have received another, rather long, letter from Advantis. This time they are saying that they are monitoring "the performance of my finacial dealings on a monthly basis" and that in my situation it is not the case that I cannot pay but that I refuse to pay. How can they monitor my financial dealings

A couple of thing I woudl like you to help with:

a) the so called debt is disputed since 2007. I beleive I still have copies of various correspondence

b) the letter states: debt owed to Arrow Global Assigned by Orange ; does it means it is own/bought by Arrow or is it still Oranges?

I do not what kind of check they completed, but they seem to assume that I ma the person they are after.

c) what should I do next? I have not responded to either letters. Thank you.

Can you scan and post up that latest missive, I just want to see how it is worded and what threatening language they are foolishly using.

Will be back in a bit..

Spent hours trying to scan the letter but had to type it, word for word, in the end. I have indeed read it carefully as they suggested. I am surprised they can monitor my finacial dealings and threaten to make me pay. The bold are the statements that I am really surprised about. Here it comes:

Dear….

We refer to the above and confirm we are a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) and have been appointed to collect payment of your debt.

We believe it is important for you to understand who Arrow Global are. Arrow Global purchases debt such as yours and operates internationally, purchasing debt from many of Europe’s leading financial institutions. The company currently owns debts exceeding £2.2 billion in value, consisting of some 1.6 million individual accounts. You should be in no doubt that payment of that which you owe will be pursued and the company will utilise its expertise in the management of data and litigation in pursuit of monies owed.

Arrow Global takes advantage of all available data relating to you and your financial position, both public data (electoral information, Her Majesty’s Land Registry etc) and information produced by Credit Reference Agencies (CRA), which details the manner in which you conduct your financial affairs and consequently you ability to pay that which you owe the company. In addition, Arrow Global is a significant user of the County Court System, with more than 30,000 active court cases against debtors who have failed to pay, via its internal legal department and an extensive external legal panel.

In your case, we suspect you are able to pay, but have chosen not to do so. The performance of your financial dealings is being monitored on a monthly basis as a consequence of CRA data available to Arrow Global.

Accordingly, the company has already made an informed decision regarding the future conduct of your case should you refuse to make payment in full and /or provide realistic proposals for payment of the debt you owe.

As advised above, we are the DCA appointed to engage with you and obtain payment in full or agree a realistic arrangement for you to pay your debt.

You should read this communication carefully, follow the instructions and reply without delay. Should you have any queries or any of the information is incorrect, please contact Advantis on ………..

We look forward to hearing from you.

Advantis Credit LTD

So what is it your actually disputing with orange? The total amount, part of it, charges?

I am disputing the Early Termination Charges. I am saying that I am willing to compensate Orange but not pay for services they had not provide. The OFCOM Final Statement did say something about additional charges. I am so stressed I am not sure about anything at the moment. What should I do next? I am sure I cannot just keep ignoring them, or can I?!

It seems to me that much of the latest Advantis letter is just designed to intimidate.

we suspect you are able to pay, but have chosen not to do so

They can suspect all they like - it neither proves nor changes anything.

Why not contact OFCOM and get the information from them about additional charges, then write to Advantis disputing the amount.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a copy of the whole OFCOM document. It is in a language that seems only accessible to the selected few. What should I do next? Please help.

I have to say SP I totally agree with you. Advantis spend all their letter talking about AG. AG aren't collecting the debt - I'm not even sure if they could as they're based in Guernsey.

I'd follow exactly the normal procedures, prove it, copy of contract, etc.... and don't be intimidated.

Do you know how much you owe Orange? without the charges added on?

Are the charges what Orange have added? Are these charges referred to in the T&C's you signed?

Have you disputed this with orange?

If so, and these clowns are threatening then all you need do is tell them that this is already in dispute with Orange, and until Orange deal with this and sort out the dispute, that you will not deal with any tin pot third party clown outfit such as themselves, it will be in everyone's best interest to return the account to the Original Creditor and allow them to deal with it in a professional manner as opposed to these fools making incorrect assumptions and trying to annoy and aggravate recipients of their lame puerile letters.

Try this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Reread whole thread!

Thank you all. Bazooka, the dispute started when I terminated the contracts with Orange following the cash back saga in 2007.

Today, I have received an 'automated' phone call from Fredrikson International. They have left a message asking to get in touch with them quoting a reference and phone number to ring. It is coming from all directions and I do not know where to start now.

1. Shall I send a "prove it letter" to Advantis?

2. Shall I send a "disputed account letter" to Arrow Global?

3. what do I do with Fredrikson International?

Part of me want to raise the money and get them off my back and another part want to fight it to the bitter end!! Please with the questions above. Thanks

Send whoever is demanding money the letter I linked in my last post. As for freds, ignore their phone calls, keep a diary of events in relation to the frequency of calls they make.