style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone wil be able to help me. I would like some infoamtion regarding bailiff fees. I recenltly paid off an outstanding CT debt to equita and requested a breakdown of fees which also showed it was fully paid. However the fees on it showed £233.50 which I think seems extremely high.

Not a full breakdown, it just shows the council tax amount and the bailiff charges. I did have an issue with Equita as they sent a bailiff with a removal notice to my house after i had made them an offer which they accepted and even before the first payment was due. I called them about this as I had not received the letter accepting my offer at this stage! When I called them they apologised for this but bet they have still charged the fees!!

No they did not have a levy, the first time they came round it was a mistake as i had the agreement with them, then over christmas i missed part of a payment and they showed up again with a letter requesting payment - as i had the funds i paid the rest off straight away so this was the only visit they should of been able to charge for i guess.

One visit = £24.50

I would be getting the template letter (below) sent asap (email followed by hard copy recorded/signed for mail) I think you will be due a refund from Equita, they are currently under investigation for their charging activities elsewhere and I doubt this will be the only Council to start asking questions. Once you have this info come back here and caggers will help you identify the legitimate fees from the questionable.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

WD

GOod Morning I would really like somebody help in this matter.I have had two fines from Newham Council in which they instructed Newlyn to collect on their behalf. I had been in contct with the council and I said them a cheque which they cashed and informed me that My account is now closed. They have failed to notify the bailiffs that the pcn's are paid and I am still being harrassed by the Bailiffs for charges.My vehicle was never seized and Newham Council are also refunding me £15.00 for overpayment.Please could someone let me know what i can do. I have written a formal complaint to Newham Council and Newlyn Bailffs

Edited by reidstar246

GOod Morning I would really like somebody help in this matter.I have had two fines from Newham Council in which they instructed Newlyn to collect on their behalf. I had been in contct with the council and I said them a cheque which they cashed and informed me that My account is now closed. They have failed to notify the bailiffs that the pcn's are paid and I am still being harrassed by the Bailiffs for charges.My vehicle was never seized and Newham Council are also refunding me £15.00 for overpayment.Please could someone let me know what i can do. I have written a formal complaint to Newham Council and Newlyn Bailffs

Hi and welcome to CAG,

It would help if you started your own thread. If you have a problem with starting your own thread then I can do this for you.

Thank you