JSA - No acceptance letter

Stupid1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Son who is registered as self-employed has been out of work for a time so has now submitted an online JSA application (3 weeks) ago, he has been to sign on and to various help sessions, but to date has still not received any money or an acceptance letter from the job centre.. is it normal for it to take this long? :???:

It may well be best to phone or visit

the JC, is there any indication given on

line as to how long the application may

take.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No indication on-line just that they will call you within 2-3 days to make an appointment for you to visit the JC.... Will call the JC, but was just interested to see other people's experience on how long it took, as this is 1st time for him to claim... Didnt want to hassle them if it was normal procedure to wait a couple of weeks.

No indication on-line just that they will call you within 2-3 days to make an appointment for you to visit the JC.... Will call the JC, but was just interested to see other people's experience on how long it took, as this is 1st time for him to claim... Didnt want to hassle them if it was normal procedure to wait a couple of weeks.

I think all the JCs vary some are very efficient some ok and some

fall far short of the stanadrds they are supposed to achieve.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The online application has suprse suprose hit a few snags, and sometime the claims get lost in cyber space, I would advise getting in contact with the contact centre for New Claims 08000556688 and enquire whats happening, the JCP won't be able to help (unless the claim is actually showing on the LMS labout market system as being made and that an appointment has been arranged), does he have proof of the date he made the online application so that he can ensure the claim is taken back to that day?

• 2 weeks later...

Well its now been nearly six weeks since he applied on-line, been to every sign on, information meetings you name it, applied for loads of jobs (no success) and he has still not heard about any JSA.... Has rang numerous times: 1) had a call back to say his claim will be processed over the weekend, if no funds in his account by Monday to call back.... 2) No funds by Monday so called back to be told that his claim was not live and that it had been passed to another department on 15th February because they need to means test as he is self-employed.... To date has not received a penny nor 1 letter from them... He is 19, only went self-employed to enable him to do some temporary work for a couple of months, he has not been employed other than this... Has being S-Emply messed up his acceptability for JSA? Nobody can tell him anything... Any advice would help a very stressed mum!

With previous self employment the case is referred to a supervisor on the processing section, they have o determine ifte claim can be assessed with the info already received or if further information is required to make a determination.

I have never been in a position to make decisions o previous s/e during my time as a processor and deputy team leader sorry as I qwas not trained to make those decisions.