Hackney CEO's with hat mounted CCTV?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was passing on a bus so I can't be sure, but I believe I just saw a Hackney Civil Enforcement Officer with a CCTV camera attached to their hat!

Anyone know about this?

What do they use the footage for? Is the CCTV camera an approved device? What about Data Protection issues?

Do they still get arsey if you try to film them with a mobile phone?

The world has truly gone mad!

FEP

I have heard of Police and/or Community Support 'pseudo Cops' having these in troublesome areas - presumably to provide some form of deterrent and evidence.

The world has truly gone mad!

No. Not the World. Just the UK.

None of that nonsence in this free country here! :)

No there is NO LAW to stop you filming or photographing 'anyone' in a public place, so you will be on the right side of the law should you wish to video them on your phone, they CANNOT force you to stop filming them, as long as you are in a public place, and they most certainly CANNOT order you to delete any images you may have taken, or confiscate your phone or camera equipment.

I do know proper traffic wardens wear a body camera, usually marked CCTV, and is bright yellow.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!