hsbc ppi claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Between 1998 and 2001 I took out 3 loans.. The first was around £4500, a year later I wanted to borrow a smaller amount - from what I can remember the second load was used to pay off the first - I remember sitting in the bank with the paperwork from the first loan being signed as settled.

The 3rd loan, again payed of the second and sometime around 04-05 I defaulted the 3rd loan which was a large amount. The 3rd loan is now stat barred.

As the 3rd loan (debt) has been passed round a few DCA's the balance from when defaulted is somewhat lower now as DCA's have done thier usuall with offering 20% off here, 10% off there etc....

All had PPI added to them.

What I'm wondering can I claim the PPI with the first 2 loans which were settled in the way I stated above, Or will it all go towards paying off the 3rd loan?

Hi

Have a read here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252094-Missold-PPI-on-both-a-statute-barred-debt-and-unpaid-loan

Has loan 3 been sold to DCA or are they just trying to collect on behalf of?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

Have a read here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252094-Missold-PPI-on-both-a-statute-barred-debt-and-unpaid-loan

Thanks for the reply and the thread link...

The debt is in the hands of Aktiv Kapital too, well I'm guessing this is the case - I've got another thread going on CAG at the mo with regards to IND ltd. Inds letter states that HSBC has assigned to AK (though it was in the hands of another DCA before AK had it) I'm assuming AK have bought the debt, not just collecting it for HSBC - there is a paragraph on INDS Last letter that states "In accordance with the data protection act 98, on behalf of AK we will comply with any request for a copy of personal info that we hold about you.."

So am I right believing that HSBC have nothing in their hands now regarding my accounts and data and it is all with AK now?

]

The clincher would be whether you received a Notice of Assignment transferring all rights, responsibilities etc to the DCA.

Did you get one?

What does your CRA file say abou the owner?

In any event a PPI claim would be beneficial to you because if the original creditor still owns the account then your indebtedness to them will be reduced, if it has been sold on then the money comes to you and you decide how to defray it.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I can't recall recieving a NOA but may be wrong, can't say 100%...

My credit file showed a default early last year, this had AK's name on it. Anything about the debt and default is no longer on my file now.

What I'm wondering, I have the claim forms in hand to be filled in and it asks for the loan ref. number... where would I go to find this, HSBC or AK?

Hi

I think you have to consider two options here.

First, due to the passage of time, the OC may well not have any information to give you so although you could SAR them, you may not get much (if anything) back from them. You can, of course, try if you wish.

Secondly, if the debt is SB, is it worth the trouble to persue this given the above and given that we don't know about a NoA. Also, your credit file is clean in respect of this debt.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions