• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds PPI reclaiming. . . Where to start ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone.

Please could someone tell me where is the best place to start on here for advice on PPI claims as it's a minefield.

I had a great success last year thanks to this forum having a claim struck out of court.

Now I would like to look into the possibility of claiming PPI on a lloyds credit card debt

and maybe mortgage payment protection but wondered if there is a step by step link on here at all .

I'll get there in the end it will just take me a while !

TIA x

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

Hi

First off, have you got all the statements for these two?

If not SAR is going to be the first step.

You would then need to prepare a spreadsheet of claim for each of them.

Then you need to complete a fos questionnaire for each of them....this is available from the fos website.

You would then send your spreadsheet and completed questionnaire to the lender who will have 8 weeks to give you a final decision.

I would recommend some reading around the ppi forum as there are many cases which will give you the step by step that you are looking for

ims

Thanks .

I ,ll start with SAR but is there some sort of time limit ?

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

PPi claim.

I paid 60 per month ! Life ins Inc mort protection ect when we took out our mortgage 7 years ago

and we really couldn't afford it but were told we had to to have a mortgage

! Noticed later the chap who sold it to us got an upfront payment of over 1200 and a further percentage for the life of the plan.

Stopped paying it a few years ago but still have the agreement in the loft I think.

I think we took it out about July 2005 and paid it for about 3 years..

my Lloyds cc was similar and the account is with a dcs at present.

We got charged silly amounts because when my husband lost his job the PPI

would come out taking us over the limit so then every month we'd get charged silly fees because of this.

We asked them to stop the PPI but the refused so I just stopped all payments on the end.

Haven't made a payment for about 3 years and owe approx 1050.

Hi,

I don't know if it's of any use but there is a dedicated PPI reclaim number on Lloyds website.

I called it last week and the operator said I would receive confirmation of my complaint within 5 days and a decision in 8 weeks,

now I have all my statements so can easily check up their figures as or if they come,

so for me it seems to have cut out the initial 40 days wait.

That said, this is my first try so maybe I am being a little too trusting !

PPi claim. I paid 60 per month ! Life ins Inc mort protection ect when we took out our mortgage 7 years ago and we really couldn't afford it but were told we had to to have a mortgage ! Noticed later the chap who sold it to us got an upfront payment of over 1200 and a further percentage for the life of the plan. Stopped paying it a few years ago but still have the agreement in the loft I think. I think we took it out about July 2005 and paid it for about 3 years..

my Lloyds cc was similar and the account is with a dcs at present. We got charged silly amounts because when my husband lost his job the PPI would come out taking us over the limit so then every month we'd get charged silly fees because of this. We asked them to stop the PPI but the refused so I just stopped all payments on the end.Haven't made a payment for about 3 years and owe approx 1050.

Hi

There is no time limit for PPI claims so get going and get your money back.

I take it this guy's commission wasn't disclosed to you at the time?

ims

No

I was reading through the contract a few months ago and noticed it then so I should have read it all but it was a huge book

BTW is there any claim for a mortgage endowment but from 20 years ago !

I can't believe this actually happened to me looking back,

but we had mortgage with RBS and endowment.

we got behind with mortgage and went to see bank.

we did everything we could but were literally unable to afford food

seriously benefits weren't really an option 20 years ago and we were in a right pickle.

Mortgage was 12per cent.

wait for this.

Bang on door at 8 pm one night and I mean BANG.

it's only someone from RBS with a lady wanting to know why we hadn't paid the mortgage again that month !

he came in I remember being really frightened as husband was out

and I was due to go on a night shift and would be late .

he told me I HAD to sell my endowment to help towards the arrears .

I did this and got very little and we lost the house anyway.

it wasn't reposses.

we asked for the keys and promised we'd never see him again and the debt would be settled. AS IF !

I was only 20 and did what I was told.

have no proof or anything but would love to find out who he was and if it was legal.

can you imagine your bank manager calling now at 8 pm !

totally wrong place to put this but it makes me seethe when I think back.x

Hi

Its good to vent now and then....at least you got that off your chest.

For an endowment 20 years ago I think you might be unlucky and you will have to put an awful lot of work in for probably nothing back.

I'd stick with the one which has an excellent chance of success myself.

ims

Hello again,

I`ve printed off an SAR to send to Lloyds for my credit card.

I`ve seen several address on here but not sure which one is the right one to send SAR for lloyds credit card-can anyone please tell me ? x

• 2 years later...

I wrote to lloyds and asked for details of any accounts

I had with them over the years with PPI as I was sure I had some .

They have sent me two forms and two account numbers.

1) is PPI for a credit card I am in dispute with .

I defended a court claim and they didn't respond so could reopen the case at any time.

I'm hoping the PPI refund will be enough to repay the debt if i get it .

The debt has apparently been sold to 1st credit.

2) I had a loan with them in 1997 .

I distinctly remember being quite cross that as a health professional in the nhs I get full pay if off sick so didn't need and never have needed PPI .

I did however claim on the loan in 97 for I think 1 payment when I had an operation and was off sick.

I only remember because I didn't need the money I was on full pay !

I have two weeks from the date of their letter to send these forms back ( PPI questionnaire )

and that's up tomorrow well the date is 22 August .

I'm as usual really pushed for time and working tomorrow with a mass of planning to do prior .

There is a lot of information to read on here and I have about half an hour to do this !

Is there a link for help or advise answering the questions on the questionnaire .

I can't even remember the answer now to most of the questions

I think I was told I had to take it out tbh and only remember that because it didn't make sense when I get paid anyway if I'm ill .

can I still send it in after the 14 days or will they just ignore it then ?

Sorry so many questions .

Who says you only have 2 weeks?

What questions do you need help with?

If the debt has been sold there is no right of set off if your claim is successful then you should receive the payment yourself.

People will be around on and off I am sure but remember an awful lot of people on CAG have jobs.

Thanks.

Well the first question is they ask if at the time I had any health problems. well I did but no one asked me when I took out the loan and yes I did need an operation . If I disclose this now would it jeopardise any claim ?

It is unclear whether you mean will this affect a claim under the policy or a PPI refund claim. If you had a pre-existing medical condition it is likely that Lloyds would pay any potential claim under the policy. Because they would probably exclude a claim for this condition, this would strengthen your mis-selling complaint.

I would always advise that you answer all the questions as truthfully as possible providing as much information as you can. If you genuinely don't know / cant remember the answer to a question then put this on the form.

As IMS says, don't worry about any arbitrary timescale set by Lloyds for returning the form - although the sooner you complete it, the sooner they will look at the complaint

Edited by Andybars
typo

Thanks Andy .

I've filled in what I can and off to post .

the best bit is I found the original signed agreement where I clearly ticked NO to PPI which is clearly taken out every month !!

Thanks Andy .

I've filled in what I can and off to post .

the best bit is I found the original signed agreement where I clearly ticked NO to PPI which is clearly taken out every month !!

That sounds like game, set and match. Don't let them know you have the original for the time being. See what do to try and wriggle.

you ideally should have used the FOS questionnaire

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

They keep calling me but I hate talking on the phone so I have to or will they write to me

everything in writing only dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness.

I received two letters this morning.

One for my old cc ,

it was years old and on CRA 1030 is marked a few years ago as settled as the debt was sold on .

This is the one I am fighting in another thread as I'd like the default removed and they have lifted the stay so I have to fill in AQ .

Today I got an offer of £1600 !!

I knew I had PPI and when I asked a few years ago they denied it and slapped a default on my file .

Also I had a small loan years ago,

I think about 15 or more but I found the account number and knew I'd also paid PPI on this

because it irritated me that I honestly didn't need it, I get full sick pay anyway .

they have made me an offer of over £2000 ,,,,

Omg I'm almost debt free !!!!!

What a marvellous day .

Thank you CAG I will make a donation when I get the cheques through !

Should I accept , I'm happy with it muchly .

I have a bigger one to claim now .....

This certainly sounds like good news - well done.

The two things I would check are firstly; Do the figures match what you expected / calculated ? Secondly - does the letter state that payment will be made to you by cheque or is there a possibility that Lloyds will try and offset against the sold-on credit card ?

If you are happy with both answers I would be minded to accept

Thanks Andy . Haven't a clue what I expected tbh . Far less if anything ? . I haven't worked it out I only have my phone as computer is in for repair but I will have a proper look later . The £2000 offer was for a cc that never exceeded £1500 as far as I remember and they have added 8% interest . I paid it for a few years . The loan I think was for no more than 2000 so to get almost that back is brilliant !

It says on both letters they will send a cheque within 28 days .

There was something about paying it I to my existing account and some going to wards arrears if I have any so I think I'll call and just confirm payment will be made my cheque . I closed my account with them years ago but there was an overdraft from fees and they never chased me and it says settled on the CRA.Thanks for your reply btw .

1st cheque arrived this morning .x