LLoyds PPI and Bank Charges REclaim help

Mr Worried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning To All

We currently have an offer from Lloyds for the ppi we are chasing, we have not made a payment on the loan for at least 6 month now.

We recieved a letter from TSB thanking us for our offer of payment along with a paying inn book? although we have never made an offer of payment or even spoke to them for months, what do you think they are up to?? anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ignored mine, for months i tried to get them to accept the £1pm but they refused, as soon as the CCA request went in i magically got a letter accepting the £1 and received a paying in book. Not gonna happen now thats for sure.

Great news Mass.

Mr W

• 4 weeks later...
Mr Worried ,

I've found your thread i think.

I would put down in a post your history regarding the ppi offer,and ask one of the mods to move it to the PPI forum.There i am sure someone willl be able to help.

Hey herman

Thanks for taking the time to look, I will speak to Alchemy tomorow then post up what they say.

Cheers

Mr W

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have started a new thread because I dont know where my original one is ( if I ever had one )

Anyway to cut a long story short, my OH contacted Alchemy Org without my knowledge and they pursued her PPI claim against Lloyds TSB, it went on for ages and I always had to contact them to track her claim, ( really crap service IMO )

My OH recieved a letter from Lloyds saying that they want to offer her £1900.00 and that it must be reduced from the loan, infact it is an acceptance letter and not an offer, they want it signed and returned asap????

Alchemy have not offered any real explanation, other than if we take it to the FOS then we could loose or they could make them pay the correct amount.

Alchemy also reminded me that their bill for me doing all the running is approx £400.00.

How can I deal with Alchemy? and what is my best 'plan of attack?'

Mr W

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

With ref the above post, I seem to be getting nowhere as Alchemy have not advised us further re the offer and now a DCA are chasing us re payment for the original loan...I am of the understanding that I cant CCA the oc whilst I have a ppi going on??????

Shoul I offer a payment per month till the ppi is sorted then hit them with a CCA ???

Mr W

Hello

Can't help on CCA or debt, but what does the offer letter for PPI say? Are they offering premiums plus contractual interest you have paid plus 8%? they should be. Check out FSA website, in PPI section there is an announcement from a couple of months ago re single premium PPI policies having to be repaid that might help.

Jan

you need to be sure you are getting all you should back.

as for taking it off the loan

they can ONLY use that to pay any ARREARS that you might have from your typical payment level that you might have missed.

if alch are not aware of the offer, then i'd keep them in the dark!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am of the understanding that I cant CCA the oc whilst I have a ppi going on??????

utter bull

CCA them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

utter bull

CCA them.

dx[/quote

Hi DX

Really? because Alchemy said it could jepordise the whole claim??? they say,,how can we/they reuest a cca when we are asking for a ppi claim basically Alchemy say that if we are to prove the debt unenforcable through cca then how can our claim for ppi be valid??//

Mr W

you need to be sure you are getting all you should back.

as for taking it off the loan

they can ONLY use that to pay any ARREARS that you might have from your typical payment level that you might have missed.

if alch are not aware of the offer, then i'd keep them in the dark!

dx

Hi dx

alch are aware?

It is standard to request SAR when doing PPI reclaim (so you can see how many payments you have made) and SAR includes CCA. Just by asking for it you are not admitting anything.

That is my understanding.

So should alchemy have asked for the sar, or could they have done the claim another way?

Mr W

When I did a PPI reclaim, I firstly did a SAR. With that I got CCA (so knew contractual interest I'd paid) and a list of payments I'd made since starting loan.

So when Northern Rock offered me PPI back, it said PPI = 59 payments of £x each (including contractual interest), totalling £x plus 8% interest = £x refundable. I could check this against SAR docs, so I knew they were offering me correct number of payments back.

Have you told Alchemy how many payments you made? or given them date of initial agreement so they could work it out from that? If not, then I don't see how they can check the offer is correct or not.

Jan

Alchemy have not offered any real explanation, other than if we take it to the FOS then we could loose or they could make them pay the correct amount.

Whilst you could lose, after the recent-ish FSA announcement on single premium PPI policies in which it ordered some banks to contact their customers and reimburse them, I think it unlikely! FSA would take months though.

your old thread ios here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/225257-lloyds-tsb.html

and this offer has been on the table since 11th october.urm.

the trouble with using these reclaiming fleecers, is you never really know where you stand.

£400!! for writing prob 2 letters & maybe one SAR at £10. rip off!

and where has it got you?

poss £1900 off the loan but still with £400 to payout..........

now your old thread reads you've paid nowt since easter, thats going to be a tidy some LTSB can nick from your PPI refund to offet the arrears.

and as for freds, just ignore them then.

dx

and they

your old thread ios here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/225257-lloyds-tsb.html

and this offer has been on the table since 11th october.urm.

the trouble with using these reclaiming fleecers, is you never really know where you stand.

£400!! for writing prob 2 letters & maybe one SAR at £10. rip off!

and where has it got you?

poss £1900 off the loan but still with £400 to payout..........

now your old thread reads you've paid nowt since easter, thats going to be a tidy some LTSB can nick from your PPI refund to offet the arrears.

and as for freds, just ignore them then.

dx

Hi dx..as ever, great advice.

I really need to nip this in the bud but dont really know how to? as alch have not returned any of my calls again (x 3 ).

I need a letter to them outlining my discust at their lack of service, and to establish ' where and at what stage are we at ? ' termination maybe. fee's etc.

TSB called again yesterday????? I am going to have to offer a payment are'nt I ?

Mr W

What would you do in this situation.

well first we need these two threads merged..

2nd how much is outstanding etc etc. we need its history please.....

3rd, the PPI offer letter is obv as a result of the work done by the recliams co.. but we dont how much you shold be getting anyhow.

pers, i'd blow alch out of the water totally and SAR TSB yourself. calculate what you are owed interms of PPI and then go from there putting in you own claim [as i VERY much doubt the figure you have is correct].

now, if you know that the PPI refund [even if it is bolstered by say +£500 of it current offer] does not clear the loan, then you seriously need to consider making some payments.

i don't adhere to this myth that an unenforceable CCA wipes debt out, it doesn't, however, it might render further payments unnecessary, that might lead to a very low F&F offer.

so in conclusion, i'd CCA TSB with a line including the fact that you wish all current agreements too and go from there.

i don't know how true it is, but its been indicated that the FOS do not consider a PPI reclaim to put an A/C into dispute thus stopping those that chase you.

again i cannot comment, but i think thats a red herring.

your call

time to select your action.

dx

and they