LLoyds Breach on SAR Request

SheWhoMustBeObeyed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First post so be gentle with me!

I sent a SAR request to Lloyds for all my personal accts and business accts before Xmas. They have missold PPI to me in the past, but I need the agreements to collate how much and when. Everything relating to my personal accts came on Day 40, with the following letter->

"Thank you for contacting LLoyds TSB Bank plc to request your personal information held in automated systems and manual files.

I am pleased to enclose the information, which has been compiled in accordance with the act.

We are still collating information with regards to your business accounts and this will be issued as soon as it is ready. I am sorry for the delay.[...]

Your entitlement under the Act is to your personal data, rather than photocopies of all documents. The personal data we hold is enclosed."

They give me a phone number to call if I have any queries, but funnily enough anytime I call I get a 'there's no-one available, please call back' message.

A few questions:

1. What do I do now that I'm still waiting for the business acct stuff? I've looked at the ICO site and they want evidence of chasing up the bank, but I'm not getting anywhere on the phone with them - is a protracted letter exchange the only way to get this moving?

2. What IS my entitlement with SARS? Am I not entitled to photocopies of my loan apps etc? (they took my tenner!)

3. Any other advice?

My feeling is that they are stalling with sending out the business stuff because they know what's coming. What can I do to move this forward?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi

For the information that is now out of time i.e. 40 calendar days send them a failed SAR letter here as this is something best not done on the ppohine as you need a paper trail

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

Some banks do not send details of the agreements as a result of a SAR request while others do. You could add a paragraph into the failed SAR letter that you haven't received details of agreements and request them to send them to you. Alternatively, if any of the accounts are still live, you could get the details via a CCA request...template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

As a sole trader they should really be treating this as personal data so normal DPA/SAR rules apply.

Some members have found that a call to the bank branch can yield the information from the agreements over the phone.

Try all angles

ims

• Confused 1

Firstly, so sorry for the monosyllabic 'yes' earlier - I really wanted to reply to you before I left the house this morning, but I had two toddlers making unending demands for breakfast so I had to be quick!

Thanks for your help with this - I will definitely get that letter off to them to chase them up for being beyond their 40 days. I'll also try to give the branch a call or my business banking manager a call to get more information too.

Will keep you posted!

Many thanks for all your help - it is greatly appreciated.