Enforcing a CCJ after two years

vikramrkin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum and hope I am in the right section.

I went to small claims court to recover my tenancy deposit from my previous landlord. He failed to secure the deposit, so the amount I am claiming is 3x deposit, which is close to £3000.

I went to court (using online moneyclaim) two years ago and got a judgement also. Since then, did not do much, other than just sit on it due to various reasons.

I now want to persue the matter further. But I am not sure if the LL lives at the the address I have. I am sure he still owns the property.

Am I too late in trying to enforce the CCJ? What chances I have to get my money back with out really knowing where the landlord lives?

Many thanks for viewing this post.

Vikram

How much is your Judgment for? If for over £600 then you could apply to transfer the Judgment to the High Court for enforcement. There is a cost element and of course like all procedures there is no guarantee of success. If going down this route then remember that biggest is not always best.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How much is your Judgment for? If for over £600 then you could apply to transfer the Judgment to the High Court for enforcement. There is a cost element and of course like all procedures there is no guarantee of success. If going down this route then remember that biggest is not always best.

PT

The judgement is for approx £3800. What I want to know is is the judgement still valid after 2 years? Can I still enforce it?

I am thinking of going through any no win no fee debt enforcement agencies. Any thoughts?

Also, when you say "biggest is not always the best" what exactly do you mean? Going through high court is not the best option?

The judgement is for approx £3800. What I want to know is is the judgement still valid after 2 years? Can I still enforce it? - Yes

I am thinking of going through any no win no fee debt enforcement agencies. Any thoughts? Think you may have a problem finding one as enforcement has to be done by certain means

Also, when you say "biggest is not always the best" what exactly do you mean? When choosing a High Court Enforcement Officer all the bells & whistles they promote do not necessarily mean they are the best for the job - have a search for HCEO on this site and you will see some companies crop up lot and probably should be best avoided. Is there a decent one, yes there are more than one but one cannot advertise. Going through high court is not the best option?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]