• Tweets

• Very good, BN.   I did read earlier that one of the Scottish scientists said measures in Scotland are starting to work but that there's a way to go.
    • lets cut to the chase, HB,  Christmas is Cancelled,  it already is by the Wee Nippy in Scotland it seems, where she is talking of a Zoom Christmas. so record a parody Christmas song.  Zoom Christmas a parody of Bing Crosby White Christmas I might just do that today Fire up the DAW plug in the mic
    • @honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths.    I see what you mean, UB, but is it possible that dithering since September means that lockdown will be longer and cost the economy more than if there had been a two or three week circuit breaker a few weeks ago?   I'm interested to know why it's going to be on Wednesday, so quite a wait from it being known, albeit through two newspapers and not an announcement yet. France had a day or two's notice of their second lockdown.  
    • I'm trying to understand the whole story.   However it would help if you would identify the companies you have been dealing with
    • @honeybee13I genuinely think Boris is confused about what to do. Economic disaster v even more unexpected deaths.    The big problem with this virus is that many people have very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, but can still pass on the virus to others.    And with winter bugs having some similar symptoms to CV-19, there are probably thousands in workplaces with CV-19 who just don't know they are risking others lifes.   If Government are going to lockdown the country for a period, it has to be really strict and that includes schools and Colleges.  They should have done this in a planned way around the half-term period.   
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3156 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If you can, block their calls. Otherwise just refuse to answer security questions and keep repeating 'in writing only'.

Have you sent them a letter asking them to prove there is a debt?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't do as Rideout advises. Do not ack the debt.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Acknowledging the debt now will restart the clock ticking so it won't be statute barred - and could bring further action against you very very rapidly, very bad advice.

If there is nothing on the Registry Trust about the CCJ, and they have NOT enforced any collections they are stuffed - if they went to the court to reapply they would have a lot of questions to answer.

Report them to the OFT and Trading Standards as they are well aware of the activities of this company - if you look at the Companies House records you will see their background is interesting.

Your not ''Admitting liabilty'' to the debt by accepting their claim with the condition of proof of contract and obligation. This is a red herring as some would say. Your mearly putting the ball in back in their park keeping the debt to your legal entity rarther then you as a human, then it's not a criminal matter ect ect. Never outright deny a claim, solistors get paid by telling you to deny creating contraversey.

What I gather from here what your saying is to deny the debt compleatly until they proof it via cca or sars request, in some cases they do, so where does that leave you? in a possition of fraud?

What i'm saying is nearley exactly what you guys are advising but it eliminates you as a human denying the debt and placeing the next move in the hands of the company and in no way makes you liable. As i'm aware unless a person has made an explicit promise to pay a debt via call email ect ect a statute barred the debt will be removed in 6 years.If you do however they can by applying the the courts but this is not easy done by the company. By accepting only with the condition they provide enforceable contract and obligation will not be seen as an explisit promise to pay.

This video will make it very clear to you what i'm saying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJC6LGp24gA&feature=related.

Please no hating we're all here to learn.Obviously this is my opinion down to many years study in corporate/contract law but if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me

Your not ''Admitting liabilty'' to the debt by accepting their claim with the condition of proof of contract and obligation. This is a red herring as some would say. Your mearly putting the ball in back in their park keeping the debt to your legal entity rarther then you as a human, then it's not a criminal matter ect ect. Never outright deny a claim, solistors get paid by telling you to deny creating contraversey.

Admitting liability to this debt by issuing conditions of proof is not a red herring, you are admitting something which has a lot of knock on consequences. A debt becomes statute barred 6 years after the last PAYMENT from you on an account, not from an email, telephone call or letter.

You should outright deny a claim - it could be that they have picked up on you as having the same name/dob as the original creditor who they have not been in contact with for some time. This is known as 'pishing'. This company is well known for pishing trips.

What I gather from here what your saying is to deny the debt compleatly until they proof it via cca or sars request, in some cases they do, so where does that leave you? in a possition of fraud?

Yes, we state write back stating "I do not acknowledge this alleged debt to you/your clients/affilliates/associates" in bold as a heading then send the CCA or SAR request. It does not leave you in a position of fraud - not sure where you are coming from on this so please elaborate. It is NOT fraud to use the Statute Barred rule to put the claim out of the reach of legal action, it is NOT fraud to say "I have no knowledge of this, please provide me with proof to check my records."

What i'm saying is nearley exactly what you guys are advising but it eliminates you as a human denying the debt and placeing the next move in the hands of the company and in no way makes you liable. As i'm aware unless a person has made an explicit promise to pay a debt via call email ect ect a statute barred the debt will be removed in 6 years.If you do however they can by applying the the courts but this is not easy done by the company. By accepting only with the condition they provide enforceable contract and obligation will not be seen as an explisit promise to pay.

Sadly you are deluded in your assumption, many many times the SAR or CCA money HAS been applied the debt in an attempt to extend the time it will become statute barred - you really need to wise up to the tactics of DCAs, this one in particular. They will laugh in your face at you givin them conditions... it is for THEM to prove you owe the debt, not for you to prove it to THEM.

This video will make it very clear to you what i'm saying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJC6LGp24gA&feature=related.

Sorry but I have not watched the video, there are a lot of videos on youtube which are factually inaccurate and also they carry 'spyware' which tracks your financial actions - there are plenty of recorded cases of this. We have enough knowledge on this site not to need misleading information posted here.

Please no hating we're all here to learn.Obviously this is my opinion down to many years study in corporate/contract law but if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me

I am not hating you - I am pointing out the differences here, you may have studied the law but the DCAs love to pick whichever bit suits them and misuse it. The best advice I can give you at the moment is to read all the Robinson Way threads and all the HFO threads, along with Bryan Carter threads and then come back and give your 'learned' opinion.

60 posts since Marcvh 2008 also points to somebody who has not kept up with the devious behaviour of the DCA industry since the Rankine debacle.

I am not hating you - I am pointing out the differences here, you may have studied the law but the DCAs love to pick whichever bit suits them and misuse it. The best advice I can give you at the moment is to read all the Robinson Way threads and all the HFO threads, along with Bryan Carter threads and then come back and give your 'learned' opinion.

60 posts since Marcvh 2008 also points to somebody who has not kept up with the devious behaviour of the DCA industry since the Rankine debacle.

The SB 6 years starts from last payment OR written acknowledgment of the debt.

It is NOT correct to acknowledge this account in any way, rideout. The OP has stated he has never banked with Barclays or had any dealings with them. For all you know, and for all the OP knows as he has not seen any judgment, this could be a case of mistaken identity or identity theft.

There just is not enough information available here to make the kind of comments you have been making, so please be a weeny bit less strident.

The issues the OP needs to address are these – and I apologise if I am repeating what others have correctly said.

1. The OP has no recollection of any dealings with Barclays.

2. Robinson Way have informed the OP more than six years after the alleged CCJ that a judgment was in place, and have also taken six years to advise of a change of ownership. Barclays was entitled to sell the account, and the CCJ itself is now the agreement. It is tradable.

3. RW have not indicated whether they have applied (and succeeded) to be substituted as the claimant via the courts, which is absolutely necessary for any enforcement. To attempt any enforcement action without doing this – such as sending in a bailiff – is totally illegal.

4. RW have not sent the OP any proof of this judgment, or any proof that he is the debtor.

5. The OP is not aware of any court claim against him in 2005.

6. The OP has never received any form of court order.

That’s pretty much all we know.

Now, some questions for Saskatoon:

1. Have you moved home since 2005?

2. Is there any way you may have had a Barclaycard at this time? Did you ever have a student account? Did you have any debts around this time?

3. Have you asked RW for a copy of the judgment to see the address the judgment was made against, and the exact name of the person? Do you have a common name?

Let’s stick to facts, folks – we’re all barrack room lawyers, but some, like Andy, have more knowledge than proper solicitors when it comes to this kind of situation.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Agreed Donkey, all Im saying is if you deny a debt outright rarther then wording it 'I accept your claim on condition you provide me with proof of contact and obligation. wouldn't you be in a better possition legaly then saying I don't know nothing about it, I deny it, prove it ect ect. I have used this procedure for many years and haven't had the debts enforced or taken further and remain statue barred. Only going from my learning and experience. It's all in the wording Sillygirl, It may sound like your accepting but your not accepting naff all.

But the situation you are talking about is invariably one where the recipient of the claim knows what the claim is about. That is a very different scenario to what we have here.

And it makes a world of difference.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Indeed Donkey, but then it still would be I accept on condition you prove it. Still exactly the same as saying I know nothing about it, prove it ect ect. If they can't prove it you can't accept it thats what you have stated. I'ts up to them then to do what they need to do in reference to fraud investigation or finding out who debt is liable to if they can't pin it to you, it's their fault.. I totally know why you say don't accept anything but I just don't think it's the correct wording. Just my opinion tho fellow caggers, sorry I opened me mouth now lol , peace

I have removed a few posts from this thread purely becasue they serve no purpose in helping the OP.

Let's keep this thread on track please so that the OP gets the best advice.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had a guy call me again from Robinson Way, who was very persistant asking for £1256.68 otherwise they are going to start taking legal action on me. This is stupid! I do not have a CCJ that is young enough to view and they said Barclays took me to court in 2005 and they purchased the debt from Barclays in 2008? I have only been contacted in last few months but they seem to know all my details and my ex-directory telephone number etc? They also are telling me I paid £400 off original debt with Barclays which I also have no recollection of. They have now given me a country court No. 5xa15131 - alegidgly with Northampton County Court. I have just called Northampton County Court to check but I am buggered if I am paying £80 to find out something that doesn't exist - I did do the online check someone on here suggested to check for £4.

Does any one know if there was a judgement that I do not know anything about that is so old it has dropped off my experian file - Does Robinson Way have the right to chase me indefinitely - even If I cannot prove the account existed, or it ever went to court?

Do they have the right to chase and is the debt enforcable unless it is taken to court again - Would they have to prove an original court Judgement exists, and produce a contract signed by me from Barclays to prove the account existed?

HELP! they are getting on my nerves

£1256.68

Edited by Saskatoon

As I explained earlier in this thread. A CCJ CANNOT be sold on!

If Robbers Way have brought this, tough! It's also 99.9% unenforceable as 6 years have passed with no collection activity!

If you have to talk to RW on the phone, let them know that it's contempt of court to chase a CCJ owed to somebody else and you shall be more than happy to let a Judge know this!

Jogs

Er, yes it can! Where is the statute says it can't be? The CCJ becomes the contract/agreement, and is a tradable commodity which requires substitution as claimant through the courts.

Quite, CCJ's can indeed be transferred. Otherwise a debtor might avoid liability unfairly and receive a windfall.

As an aside I'd suggest you ignore the YouTube link above which is full of nonsense and appears to have been filmed on a park bench outside a pub. Hardly the Inns of Court!

Also, in respect of enforceability, a CCJ can be enforced by way of CO at any time and any other method of enforcement can be pursued subject to a successful application to the court explaining the delay.

Pretty sure that's the case, h. Lots of it going on!

Pretty sure that's the case, h. Lots of it going on!

I really hate to be wrong and have looked into it!

Apparently, you are correct, a CCJ can be sold on! Asking for any variation is comtempt. I know I was close :wink:

The OP should still ignore everything and let them try to restart this CCJ! They should have no chance!

agreed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

H, I have been wrong rather a lot. It's how I learn!

And I think I've been wrong rather more often than you. Which means I must be very clever...

robbersway are well known for pulling ANY tactic and rouse they can

to SPOOF you into paying a debt.

you REALLY should have never phoned them in the first place or if they phoned you ...spoken with them, ENDOF!!!!

there is NO legal obl to talk on the phone to them

that is where you made your mistook.

it would be nice to have a recording of them sayig the can send bailiffs to collect

i more suspect, they said they could send 'someone' to collect......

the end result here though is they cannot enforce the debt without going via the court

IGNORE THEM

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just a thought - you may have had no dealings with Barclays, but have you ever had anything with the Woolwich? Barclays bought them out in 2005/6.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

The new owner has to apply to the court to be substituted as the claimant, so they can enforce the CCJ. But when the CCJ is this old, the judge would demand to know why enforcement has been delayed for so long, and would almost certainly tell them to sod off.

In short, they have bought a lemon, and are trying it on.

• Confused 1