Help Please - CapQuest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to all this and I have been searching the internet for a while trying to find some answers and i have just gone and got myself more and more confused.

I have never personally had any problems and this is regarding my boyfriend (who is very laid back) and it is stressing me out

so i trying to make some sense of all this myself and find the best way to solving it.

Hopefully, you all are very knowledgable on this subject and can answer some questions for me or give me some guidance.

Me and my boyfriend applied for a mortgage recently and it was declined on the basis that it looked as though he had a ccj registered against him.

He told me that in 2006 he had a disagreement with Orange phone company for a phone bill which he disputed and refused to pay.

They chased him for payment and after they did not suceed, he then began to receive letters from a company called Moorcroft. He ignored these also.

He signed up for his credit report recently and this shows court information at a previous address with a CCJ registered in 2009 for £948 with no other details.

After he signed up for this, he then received a letter dated 3rd November 2011 from CapQuest stating they have bought the debt from Orange

and requesting he pays £288.95 to settle the account before 31st December 2011.

Then on the 18th November he received another letter saying that the balance is £288.95 but if he was to contact them before 1st December 2011

he would only have to pay £173.38 in full or in installments.

He ignored both letters as he had never heard of CapQuest before and was not sure if this was anything to do with him.

However on his credit file it also shows credit agreements at a previous address had been registered as a default in 2008 for the balance £288 with CapQuest.

As he can only remember 1 debt with Orange as this was the only agreement he has ever had,

its very confusing if a ccj is registered for £948 in 2009 and also a default in 2008 for £288,

which he has only just been contacted now from CapQuest.

He has today called CapQuest and asked to speak to the person named on the letter and the lady would not put him through and asked to answer any questions herself.

He asked about the balance and she just wanted payment there and then.

He said he didnt know anything about it until the letter came and how did he know that it was correct to him and if this would clear the debt/default and what was the ccj?

She did not answer this and just tried to get payment from him.

We are a little stuck here now as what is the best way to deal with this?

Does he pay the amount they are demanding?

Will this clear the default?

What is the amount on the CCJ and where has this come from?

Any advice would be grately appriciated

Thanks

You can find out if there is a County Court Judgment against your boyfriend by looking at trust online..

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

It will cost you £4.00

If a Judgment has been awarded without your B/Fs knowledge, then he may well be able to get it set aside. I am surprised if one has been and no one has attempted to collect.

Check out Trust online first and see if there is anything on there. If not, then I dont know why one would be recorded on his file and he might want to check that it is not an error. Which if the case, he should certainly be able to get that removed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Orange dont go as far as CCJ's - they normally go through 2 DCA's - Moorcroft is one they use - after 2 placements they then write off the balance on their systems

but it remains on credit file as an unpaid balance.

They have now resorted to debt selling - eg Capquest

- They normally chase for the full debt

- Are you sure the £288 and £948 are the same debt?

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to try and help me.

He has just registered on the site you suggested and the CCJ is definately registered against him in 2009 by NORTHAMPTON CCBC for £948 and status is Unsatisfied judgement.

I have asked him over and over again if this is the only credit he has ever had and he assures me it was registered to an address he has not been for over 6 years.

He said he was receiving letters from Moorcroft who did threaten court action but as he was in dispute with orange over the phone bill he did not respond.

I just dont understand why one is registered as a ccj for quite a large amount of £948 and one is registered as a default by CapQuest for £288

who want immediate payment to settle this.

It also says that the default was registered by capquest in 2008 but he has nothing at all from this company until November 2011

If moorcroft have registered the ccj surely orange would not have then sold the debt to CapQuest for payment? or would this be the case?

I have no idea at all what to do

I will try and find some more help for you.

This looks as though it could be 2 different things.. CapQuest are chasing for the Orange debt for £288 and separately there is a judgment of £948.00 for something else.

I am surprised that no one has made any attempt to enforce the CCJ...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

this may sound a very silly question but what do you mean by enforce the ccj?

he did have letters from moorcroft years ago saying they were going to court and like i say nothing else until he registered to check his credit and it was on there registered in 2009.

its so frustrating because i have no idea what to do.

how does he find out who the ccj is from?

thanks again

phone the court they will tell you the details from the judgement box.

i to do not think the two are linked

mobile phone co's nor noorcrap do ccj's.

shame he rang crapest!!

never ever ring a DCA or talk about your debts on the phone !!!

forget the orange debt and crapest unless you need the default? removing.

but that near impossible withe them.

as for the CCJ as its only a year away? it might well be better to keep let sleeping dogs lie in certain instances

even if you pay the CCJ it will show satisfied for 6yrs, and still scupper your mortgage

where as if you leave it, as i said above it will be gone next year.

there could be a chance to get it set aside, thus removing it

but that doesn't cure the payment of whatever debt is was for.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks. he will call the court int eh morning to find out the details of that. is he just simply asking what it is and why is it registered against his name?

when he rang capquest he never admitted the debt, he just simply asked what the letter was all about and alls they were interested in was getting payment

the ccj was only registered in 2009.... but the dispute started in 2006 so he is only just 3 years into the ccj from registration date. is this normal for it to only be registered so late? if this is in fact the phone bill... will confirm this tomorrow

if he is to also not respond to capquest re the £288 they are asking for which is currently a default... is this likely to turn into a ccj also?

and finally.... if the ccj is never paid, does this still get removed from your credit file after 6 years?

he is never going to be able to get any type of credit... i need to establish who the ccj with and see from there

thanks

just relate that upon checking his cra he sees a CCJ, can they please give hin the details - WRITE IT DOWN you need the judgement and WHO took him to court

if you can squeeze them to give you at ADDRESS the papers were sent to, then that will help too.

if he did not get the papers [i.e they were sent to an old address when the claimant KNEW his correct address then its a set side, but its a bit late now p'haps]

i bet it is NOT the phone bill.

it matters NOT what he said on the phone to crapest, admittance on the phone is NOT counted anyway.

no mobile phone debts go to court as they are normally all charges.

and yes the ccj drops off the cra after 6yrs paid or otherwise as do defaults.

a CCJ can reset the SB clock , a default CANNOT.

SB ticks fron YOUR last financial transaction in/out or WRITTEN ack of the debt.

your last bit is prob not true.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for that

just had to google what SB was because like i say i have no idea what i am doing

he has just contacted the court and it is registered by moorcroft. she said she had no details other than who registered it and that he would need to contact moorcroft for further details... therefore if he was to do this does this reset the SB? and the date will be registered as if hes got the ccj now?

also because it was registered by moorcroft for the orange bill.... why are capquest now chasing for it and registered a default on him if he has already suffered a ccj for it?

im so confused so sorry if i am repeating myself

what was in the judgement box, you are entitled to be told that

dx

and they

he has also just rang orange and they said they had no record of him and he needs to go into an orange shop.

he said to orange that hes got a ccj registered against him that is from moorcroft passed on by you and now he has somebody else also chasing him for money and he wants to know why and like i say he said he knows to go into orange shop because whoever he spoke to could not find his details.

should he re contact the court and ask what was in the judgement box?

yes thats what i said yesterday

leave orange alone

• Confused 1

and they

oh yes sorry you did say that... he asked about the address and they said contact moorcroft for details and give him a number to call but ive told him not to call them, is this right?

the judgement box says exactly what is on his credit file.... that the ccj was registered with moorcroft for £948

ccj.jpg

but there should be info in the judgement box like:

how much per month has to be paid etc

they did not tell you that on the phone

pers i think you have good cause to get this set aside

as moorcrap cannot justtake someone to court

without giving details of WHAT the debt was.

if thats all thats on it

something is very wrong

dx

dx

and they

yes he has called them twice and thats what theyve told him, exactly whats on there and if he needs anymore information to contact moorcroft. how will he get any proof without contacting moorcroft? this started in 2006 but only registered in 2009. and if he contacts moorcroft now they will start to chase him again from today if that correct?

plus cant understand why capquest are now chasing payment for something he already has a ccj for?

what would you suggest my next step would be.

i dont want to contact capquest because thats the default registered but do i need to sent them the letter that asks for proof of the debt?

thanks, Dawn

i still say there is no link to your orange debt.

can you scan up all the letters?

and post them here please:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

did you go up on www.trustonline

try there you might be able yo get more info on the CCJ

dx

and they

Hi

So sorry not been in reply but had internet problems! dam virgin media!

dx - he has no paperwork at all.... typical 18 year old lad at the time and has nothing at all regarding moorcroft or ccjs or orange or anything.... only paperwork he has are the latest 2 letters from capquest

yes we also registered him on trust online and paid the fee and it told him exactly what his credit file does and what the lady at the court told him... she said he needs to contact moorcroft for more details... is this a good idea?

ghost - no capquest say its in regard to orange and the letter also states the have bought the debt from orange (sorry if ive said elsewhere they didnt state the reason for letter - im utterly lost with the whole thing and not a clue what to do) but yes they wouldnt discuss the debt they just wanted payment.

what i dont understand is if moorcroft have gone as far as issuing a ccj for £948 why are capquest now claiming for £288 to clear the default they also have registered against him??

we are never going to be able to get a mortgage and i have no idea where to start... does he pay the ccj registered against him in 2009 or ride it out for the 6 years? and what does he do about the default registered in 2008 for £288...... which are both linked with orange. he has never had any other form of credit so they have to be linked

appriciate all help

phone the court and ask for a copy of the ccj

lets try something with capquest..

send a them a cca request

if its a mobile phone debt

they will reply with there is no requirement for one on mobile phone accounts

dx

and they

leave them all alone for now

cca request is in the library green tab top left

dx

and they