I need some help with my maths.......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been looking around the site and found some very useful information, along with some horror stories relating to what happens when you give HMRC inaccurate information! It's got me thinking (I use the word 'thinking' loosely) about what I need to do this year when it comes to renewals time and have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you guys may be able to help me with.

Firstly, at renewals time last year, I gave them our (myself and my husband) combined gross income as it appeared on our P60s, all fine and dandy. Then they asked what we expected to earn in 11/12 and I said combined £25K (£10K less than 10/11) it looks as though we will come in at about £26.5K in reality, is this going to present a problem?

Secondly, looking at renewing for 12/13, I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and it's thrown my poor limited capacity for maths into a state of flux, there's no point in asking husband for help as he's equally useless when it comes to such things!

I earn £16.3K gross a year (£1250.00 every 4 weeks) I believe I will get 6 weeks mat leave (intended to commence beginning of August) at 90% of my normal earnings and then a further 33 weeks of SMP at £128.00 per week.

So, what figure do I give as my total income for the fiscal year 12/13? As I'm just confusing hell out of myself trying to work it out, nappy brain has set in early!

Thanks.

Hello Cornish

You could try the calculator on HMRC website.

Click on employers, then statutory pay then how to calculate and recover statutory maternity pay.

Good luck!

Kind regards

Gbarbm

Gbarbm

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this should help as a guide but please do check all the figures and calculations yourself to make sure you are happy with them

your weekly rate should be £313.46

90% is around £285 (rounded up)

you can disregard £100 so 6 weeks @ £185 = £1110

SMP will be £135.45 but again you can disregard £100 so 33 weeks @ £35.45 = 1169.85

total fir 9 months off on statutory maternity would be £2279.85

you would also (I presume) have 3 months at full pay which would be 13 weeks @ £313.46 = £4075

i make the total around 6354.85 for you

You should know though that I have post pregnancy baby brain so please do check all the above calculations if your not going back for a year it will be a little lower