Need help ASAP

shumail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i am not sure if i am posting in the correct place feel free to move the post if need

i received a letter from a law firm * which i have attached *br_ex.jpg

my question is

can the firm take a charging order against my house if the actual loan/credit card was an unsecured loan/credit card?

can i CCJ be applied for after this long?

what can i do to make them go away?

the loan/credit card was taken out back in 2002/2003

i have received a number of calls from the law firm but i have not spoken to them

i hope to reply as soon as i can please provide me with as much information as possible

thank you in advance

Hi the image is too small to read.. can you please convert to pdf and repost using the instructions below.. then perhaps we can help..

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In order to obtain a charging order, they would first have to issue a court claim and then obtain a judgment. Even then there would be no certainty that they could obtain a charging order.

When was the last time you made a payment to this account ?

Is the property owned in joint names and the debt in a single name ? If so, then they would only be able to get a restriction in any case.

If you can repost the letter so that we can see it properly then we will be able to advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is the standard type of letter if they feel that you have not responded to their previous communications. Have they sent you a letter and/or a default notice? The notice should have advised you to seek help which is what you are doing now.

How long have they been in contact and when was your last payment?

When did you lose your job and are they aware of your circumstances?

I feel that the letter they have sent you goes beyond acceptable practice but this might be expected from the following link

http://www.brachers.co.uk/intelligence/item/oft-fair-enough-or-ott

i have not been sent any default notice from experto credite limited or brachers,

brachers have been writing to me and calling me for over a month

i have not been in contact with experto or brachers and have not informed them i have lost my job or anything...

how can i stop them from taking any further action??

It sounds as though Experte Credite have bought your debt but you have not received a notice of assignment from MBNA. They are now using their bullying tactics in order to try to extract payment from you.

In view of your low income I suggest that you seek direct help from one of the charities such as CCCS or Citizens Advice Bureau. They should be able to help you but, unless you can make a minimum payment, they will be able to get a CCJ for the full amount if they can demonstrate they have title to the debt.

You should be wary of posting too much information on the forum as you have already provided enough information to allow you to be identified.

Have a read of the following and then perhaps contact National Debtline - they will be able to offer advice on what your options are. Their telephone number is included below :)

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

xx

BCOBS