British Telecom Part 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,had a contract with bt,moved house last august,so an estimated 8 months into contract. They passed the debt onto ccs..which added rougly 238 in there own charge on top of the debt,there was a remaining balance of debt of 348,which i owed,fair enough,then they added equipment charges,final charges for moving house! which added up to 914! then ccs added a charge,ccs first refused my offer of £20 a month, since then it has changed because i sent them a fairly brunt email stating they were in breach of oft guidelines in many ways and thats what they were getting when i dont even agree with the bill in the first place!

my question anyway to get bt to knock these charges off,they complaint department just rejects it out of hand

Personally, I'd write, tell them how much the bill really should be (don't allow for any charges.. "early termination fees" are a grey area as a breach in contract, all they can ask if for how much that breach has cost them. Then I'd send them how I intend to pay this (I owe £150 and I'll pay 15 lots of £10. If this is acceptable, let me know. If not take me to court)

Just a little FYI I've never heard of a debt (especially one made up of charges) going to court as IMHO a judge will laugh them out of the court room. and BT do NOT report on your credit file.

Offer them something fair, and they don't have a leg to stand on if they refuse.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

yeah i did,ccs did agree in the end after my email to £20 a month. Also stating i would not be paying there apparent admin fee of 238. Bt really do like screwing you over though,as for equipment charge..i even offered to give it back when i finished the contract but heard nothing,its laughable

Someone less savvi may just pay up tho, thinking that BT were in the right and not wanting the hassle... I find this behavior despicable by them and the DCA.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

no way,ill pay them off for the next ten years at hardly anything a month..im not finished with bt though,im just appeasing ccs for the moment,another laughable thing,on the complaint department phone call,i mentioned about ccs adding there 'admin' charge..the bt lady didnt care..guess its not her place to,i ended by saying how can a reputable(apparently) company deal with a dca like ccs.

anyways lol im not finished with bt,just wandering how to approach again,they have ignored my complaint even at there high level complaints department..

just got to get my tent now to camp outside there head office lol

Well, if you're not happy with how they've dealt with this, try emailing the CEOs department [email protected]

Ask them if they are going to give you (whatever you want to satisfy yourself) or issue you with a DEADLOCK letter so you can escalate the complaint to the "alternative dispute resolution"

to

C.A.G. Toolbar