Telephone socket not working

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently moved into a rented property and the BT socket does not work in one of the bedrooms that I want to use as a study, (this was a deciding factor when taking the house). The Letting Agency say I have to get it repaired myself, is this correct?

Thank you.

If there is not another socket working correctly within the house, then I would say the landlord has an obligation to repair it. Otherwise unless it specifically states in the contract that the landlord will supply a working telephone socket within the study then I would say you have little grounds to enforce a repair.

If there is not another socket working correctly within the house, then I would say the landlord has an obligation to repair it. Otherwise unless it specifically states in the contract that the landlord will supply a working telephone socket within the study then I would say you have little grounds to enforce a repair.

There is absolute No obligation at all,on a LL to repair or maintain a phone line or sockets.

It is a private matter between the tenant and telephone provider..

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

There is absolute No obligation at all,on a LL to repair or maintain a phone line or sockets.

It is a private matter between the tenant and telephone provider..

So if a tenant connects the phone line with a provider and ALL the sockets are shot/broken which are provided as part of the property and are on the inventory you would still not repair the socket?

So if a tenant connects the phone line with a provider and ALL the sockets are shot/broken which are provided as part of the property and are on the inventory you would still not repair the socket?

NO.....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi

I would have to agree with 45002 the only way round this would be if the LL had put these on the properties Inventory as it could have been any previous tenant that had these fitted but as has been pointed out these are cheap to replace.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

"So if a tenant connects the phone line with a provider and ALL the sockets are shot/broken ..."

The Master socket alone remains the property of BT/provider, thus free replacement by BT, extension sockets are resp of account holder. IMO. Since office extension is so crucial to T, with broken socket cheap and easy to replace, is it worth the time waiting for LL to repair? Just inform LL ext socket is broken and you are willing to replace at own cost IF he is agreeable.

Kitchen taps prob on the inventory. If they start dripping, it is Ts resp to change the washer.