zig zag line PCN - London Borough of Ealing, 99J as the contravention code

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband picked up our 13 year old daughter from the road outside a station.

It was a Sunday evening in Jan at 17.42 and it was dark.

You are not allowed to stop inside the drive right outside the station.

According to the photos printed on the PCN he stopped between 17.42 and 17.43 for 18 seconds on zig zags.

He did not stop until she was there.

I tried to view the images online as suggested on the PCN.

The preparation of these is supposed to take 24 hours

several days later the evidence is not available.

Do we have any alternative but to pay the outrageous sum of £55 (this is the discounted amount)?

Is the inability to see the online images any sort of defence?

A shot in the dark I know but thought it was worth asking.

The amount of the charge appears to be "odd" for an official PCN issued under the road traffic act. Where was this zebra crossing? is it on the public highway or within a carpark on private land?

Can you tell us who has issued the PCN and under what authority have they issued it.

The PCN is from the London Borough of Ealing and states 99J as the contravention code. It is a public road but there isn't a zebra crossing there but there are some traffic lights a bit further on and there are zig zag lines. The full penalty is £110, discounted by 50% for 21 days. Time is running out! Will need to pay in next couple of days. Thought I would check the footage last week but it is still unavailable online.

It would help if we knew the location so we can check it out on street view. There are 2 types of zig zag markings, one to support a school entrance (yellow) and those that support a zebra or pelican (traffic light) pedestrian crossing (white). Both carry more or less the same restrictions which is 'no stopping'. That means what it says on the tin basically whether it is for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. As soon as a passenger door is opened, you are deemed to have stopped.

If the zig zags are clear in the photo and it shows the car stopped then I would pay the discount and count yourself lucky it was the Council who caught you not the Police or you would be also looking at points on the licence.

Thanks.

It would help if we knew the location so we can check it out on street view. There are 2 types of zig zag markings, one to support a school entrance (yellow) and those that support a zebra or pelican (traffic light) pedestrian crossing (white). Both carry more or less the same restrictions which is 'no stopping'. That means what it says on the tin basically whether it is for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. As soon as a passenger door is opened, you are deemed to have stopped.

It supports a pelican crossing. Looks like we will have to cough up!