Advice on Faulty Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am a returning user and would like advice please on a faulty car which was purchased for £1000.

After 4 days of use of the car, I broke down on the motorway, the dashboard did not alert me to any overheating etc. The recovery breakdown service informed me that it could be the head gasket and towed me to my local garage. On investigation, my local garage informed me that it was the Head Gasket along with other problems too.

On contacting the dealer he offered to pay £300 towards the cost of the repair, but only if I returned the car to him, which would be impossible without hiring out a low loader recovery truck at a cost of approx. £150. I contacted Consumer Advice a few times and they advised me that its up to the dealer to uplift the car and to repair it fully, replace it or refund. I have written 3 times to the dealer and so that the issue can be put behind us both, I asked for £500, but he wouldnt budge from his original offers. I have also spoke with Trading Standards who are writing to the trader regarding some aspects of the invoice I received. I want to pursue a claim now through the small claims court as I feel that £1000 is a lot of money for only 4 days use and would like to know if I am legally right in doing this.

Hi and welcome (back) to CAG

I have moved your post to a more relevant forum.

You can use the courts but I would send a letter before action before doing so. The courts would want to see that you have exhausted all avenues

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for prompt reply. I have notified the dealer in 2 previous letters that I will pursue court action if necessary. My worry is that I have to keep the car which is costing £7 a day storage at the local garage until it goes to court and concerned that the Judge may think I am being unreasonable not to have accepted the £300.