• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LloydsTSB Credit Card PPI claim - first step

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently read a lot about claiming back PPI money. I got my credit card about 2007 and never realised the insurance was not obligatory. I've read most of threads and I suppose I know what to do.

I'd like to send the first letter to LloydsTSB.. Could someone check and correct the letter as English is not my mother language and there could be some unnecessary words...Also could someone tell me what chances have I got to get money back based on the letter.

"I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which I believe was mis-sold to me.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

I was under impression that the insurance was necessary.

I was made frightened that in case loosing my job or in case of serious injury, I would not have any way to pay back the credit. I was asked if I had any savings or any other source of money to repay the credit. Obviously if I lost my job, I would not have but my wife had been working at the time and I could use her wages. I also had had some savings in account abroad so I could use that money. If I were aware that I could use them two sources of money to pay the credit I would not take the cover.

I have to say that on top of that the salesperson was very pushy when selling the product, so I felt I could not say no.

Your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional and I could take alternative insurance cover.

Based on above factors I believe the policy was not sold in my best interests.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint."

One more thing... Do I need to know exact sum of premiums I paid?

Thank you.

Tom

just simply say you want it refunded as per the enc FOS QC?

you have filled out the FOS CQ?

and done an SOC?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"I recently read a lot about claiming back PPIlink3.gif money. I got my credit card about 2007 and never realised the insurance was not obligatory. I've read most of threads and I suppose I know what to do."

this is why it is so important to not make yourself look fool - you screw up at the early stages - they'll take you for a mug and short change you.

good job you thought to post first well done.

let get you back on the right lines.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

use this

you'll need the date and aount of every ppi payment

and they

hmm, I haven't got all the statements...I need them as the amount of charge is different for each month. If I request LooydsTSB, are they going to send me all of them since March 2007? Is there any other way to get the data... internet banking?

Thanks.

Edited by tomaszw

nope just their latest rate

let them argue about it later.

the first thing you should of been reading on most of where you reasearched is to send the an SAR.

you'll get atleast 6yrs of data from them

hold on the black SAR to go to the link.

dx

and they

yep PO is great

you can even track when it is cashed.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

OK. I've got about 1,5kg of paperwork. Most of them are statements. There are no documents about how the PPI was sold. (apart payment protection cover on the statements so I have the date and amount of every PPI payment).

Could you please tell me what would be the next step?

post 5?

dx

and they

well not exactly is it?

dx

and they

ok well off you go then

get your FOS CQ done and fire those off with a covering letter.

dx

and they

the FOS CQ answers everything they need to know.

just ask them to investigate your complaint of PPI mis-selling.

the letter does not need to convey any 'excuses' .

dx

and they

Is following covering letter fine?

"I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a credit card at your branch (address) and also bought a payment protection policy. The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ 1009

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman."

Should I add any interest on the PPI payments (£1009)?

Edited by tomaszw

you already are if you filled in cell d15

ideally you should use the FOSRUNNINGCI SOC

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

I've got everything ready.. well almost. What should I put in cell D15 in the SOC? The interest of the PPI (0.79%) or/and any extra interest the court would give to compensate?

the interest APR of the loan.

dx

and they

it's a credit card ppi I'm dealing with. I will provide the annual rate of interest from the statement, which is 20.94%

should I print out and send the filled sheet from post #5 along with the FOS CQ?

Edited by tomaszw

then sorry use the [sOC] spreadsheet sheet in post 5.

FOS CQ + SOC + covering letter

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I don't quire remember how long it has been since I sent the documents but I've just received the reply. I didn't think it would be that easy. They are offering me £1447... Based on the schedule of claim from here I've requested £1582. What do you suggest? Shall I accept what they're offering me?

BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR....:-D

if the soc you used was the one in post 5 then yes i'd accept it

can you see where they getting their figures from?

can you workout why they are £150 light from the soc in post 5

dx

dx

and they