• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Announcement: ESA claimants now have the option of having their WCA recorded

ErikaPNP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just for Info, a friend of mine (she is a staff nurse) has been approached by an agency to have a telephone interview and if that goes OK then a formal Interview with someone in Nottingham, the job...... to do Interviews for PIP assessments, which may entail going out to clients home to do a medical assessment..... it is NOT CAPITA, who we was told would be doing the PIP assessments in the East Midlands....... so I wonder who this is then?

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly you could send a copy of the Transcript to the other side (by recorded delivery so you have a receipt of delivery) giving all the details of where when and names (somehow) then they would be aware you are using a copy of the transcript as evidence in your appeal, and as they are playing silly buggers about recording interviews and will not supply details of when they could supply the equipment you can use, it would have to be taken into account.... Like when Police do an interview they always say where when and whom is present in the interview. This is only my OWN OPINION and should not be taken as law......

If it was up to the court do we have any idea of what could make them reject a transcript as evidence?

It is up to the judge what will be admitted as evidence and what will be rejected. I think the consensus here among those who look at such issues is that transcripts and even the actual recording will often be allowed.

However, the obvious problem with a transcript, or even a recording where the chain of custody is not documented, would be the possibility of tampering. I suspect judges might be more willing to accept these things in civil benefits tribunals than in a criminal court, but we can't be sure.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We might reasonably assume a transcript backed up by a recording should alter the balance of probabilities in your favour.

We might, yes. As a general rule, I think judges should admit them as evidence unless there's some obvious reason to believe that they've been altered.

I do wonder, though, how folks would feel if the DWP or Atos was covertly recording interviews and assessments and then seeking to have that evidence admitted at a tribunal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Why would they? It's Atos and the DWP who have everything to hide, not claimants.

Eh, I don't want to get too deep into this, because broadly I agree with where you're coming from. But the courts and tribunals can't take this approach - they have to be impartial. A priori assuming that the DWP and Atos are hiding things is not impartial, so I can't see why evidence covertly recorded by one party should be OK, but not the other.

Of course, I do agree that it's far less likely that Atos would want to have such evidence admitted, but this is a hypothetical.

• 2 weeks later...
:2ltr16valve:

Are you able to tell us whether you've got Atos written agreement to a make/model of Dictaphone?

And whether the form looks like the one below;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/188599/response/468149/attach/3/ATTACHMENT.pdf

Margaret.

This is what they sent me :)

54F9AAF4-533D-4451-B48D-93B23F6F9706.jpg

AE82F2BE-F71E-42F4-8036-D54878B415E4.jpg

:Hi 2ltr16valve:

Thanx for copying your letter onto CAG so that we can see it.

Most of the letter is one version of the standard information that Atos/Capita send to claimants about the 'reasonable conditions' for an audio recorded by claimant assessment. Assuming your name and address are above the initial paragraph, Atos have adapted the instructions into a personal letter.

There's a possible contradiction between Dictaphones and standard cassette tapes, most Dictaphones use mini cassettes. And there's different interpretations of the word 'appropriate'. Suspect it's more likely than not that your Dictaphones will be declared unsuitable on the day, for one excuse or another.

But your letter's one I've not seen before, so I'll be interested to hear :nolegion:'s comments.

Margaret.

Just read #1145 again. :???: as to what Atos want you to do with the consent form.

Hi :)

Yea my details are above the first paragraph I just took them out if the shot save editing lol

I've no idea what they expect me to do with the form to be honest as they have given no instruction with regards to that. Do I keep it an fill it out in the day or send it back lol

It does say on the last paragraph to sign and return to them PRIOR to the appointment... Don't forget to take a copy for your own records just in case.

A. 2 ltr. Many thanks for the copy letter.

If you can possibly manage it, I would send the signed 'consent form' (legally, it's tripe) back to Atos with a covering letter, recorded delivery, carefully specifying the (dual) equipment you propose to use in full, and asking for confirmation in writing that this will be acceptable. Copy documents to be retained by you, of course, as already suggested.

If you get anything out of them in writing - either confirming or rejecting the equipment concerned - please do post the correspondence here. I have yet to meet anyone who has succeeded in this so far, but we can always hope.

Best of luck.

B. Summary of background

That written communication from DWATO is indeed pasted from stuff that has been available from or via their website for a while now.

And it's all been porkies – so far.

1. 'Dictaphone' was the trading name of a company that went out of business with the ark but, as Margaret suggests, it is a term still widely used for any 'micro cassette' machine, and also, now, held-held digital 'voice- recorders' which usually record onto a small, internal, hard drive (Much as some people still use the word 'Hoover' when referring to different types of vacuum- cleaner.)

2. DWATO has refused to approve the use of two micro-cassette recorders ( on 'recording quality' grounds), or any hand-held digital recorder recording onto an internal hard drive. Use of (two) 'dictaphones' will thus not be acceptable no matter what their documentation says ( = Porky-pie 1).

3. They say they will accept two other 'formats'. First, simultaneous recordings directly onto 2 CDs. No-one can afford this, as they are well aware. Their own equipment which does this costs over well over £1000 and is not available for purchase by the general public in any event. (Thus = porky-pie 2.)

4. The other format they say they will accept is two simultaneously-recorded 'audio-cassettes' (by which one can discover they only mean 'normal size' cassette-tapes). At first people thought there might be some real use in this – because you can still get hold of a range of two of these, and the tapes to go with them, relatively cheaply, though it's a chunk of change out of many a claimant's budget. But in fact, no: this is porky-pie 3, BECAUSE:-

5. They have always refused, and they continue to refuse the use of any such two, affordable hand-held audio-cassette recorders also on 'recording quality' grounds. Indeed they have refused substantially more expensive desk-top models as well.

6. Even when they have approved the use of specified equipment on the phone, come the assessment, the ill-health-unprofessional will (at best) say they know nothing about it, and claimants arrive on the misery-go-round of continuous rescheduling of appointments\ abortive visits etc., causing delayed entitlement and great stress.

C. Conclusion

In my view the DWP, and it's definitely the Department's responsibility, is in flagrant breach of its own legal advice, obtained over 3 years ago, concerning not raising unreasonable obstructions to claimants obtaining recordings, and this becomes particularly marked, of course, in the case of PIP interviews, as in 2ltr's case, where there isn't even the option of waiting for the 'service provider' to see if it has any of its own kit in working repair.

If anyone has any more up-to-date information than this, I would much like to learn about it. I, and I know others, have been trying to get DWATO to put in writing either approval or disapproval of specific 'audio-cassette' equipment, so we could all examine their position i.e. in threads like this. I have, so far, failed; others tell me they have too, and I can find no trace on the net of success elsewhere to date.

• 2 months later...

Out of the mouth of Atos's 'Head of Communications and Customer Relations', last Monday:-

"… if you imagine someone being asked to come in for an assessment with Atos Healthcare at the moment - they read the media stories, they listen to the public rhetoric, and understand what people have said about us.

They might come into that assessment feeling that the assessor they are going to see is someone who will treat them with contempt, who can't be trusted, who isn't trained.

They then might have to come into an assessment centre and walk past protestors; they might sit opposite someone in the waiting room with an 'Atos Kills' T-shirt.

And then perhaps the nurse comes out, and what we've seen quite often now is people coming into an assessment and they are actually saying to people at the end of it, 'By the way, you have just been recorded on my iPhone, and I'm going to expose you on the internet.' "

Say not the struggle nought availeth.

(House of Commons select committee - 09 06 14.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15486

Ref.12:15 to 13:00)