BankFodder BankFodder

manuellbills

RE:Arrow Global (Rossendales Collect) - Claims £93.78 debt - Orange SIM only Card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2944 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear All (Advisors / Moderators / Users ...)

I need your help. Yesterday evening (03/02/2012) I received a letter from ROSSENDALES Collect with subject of the letter stating

DEBT OWED TO ARROW GLOBAL : £93.78)

ASSIGNED BY Account No: 500000

This is part of the information in the letter

As previously advised, you have been identified as a property owner and as such, Arrow Global will not tolerate you continuing to ignore the debt you owe. Your financial position is being monitored by Arrow Global on a monthly basis; at least insofar as your other creditors report such information to the credit reference agencies. It is believed you have an ability to pay your debt and continuing to ignore correspondence will certainly not improve the situation. Ultimately, action will be taken by Arrow Global to secure payment of that which is due to the company.

Questions

a. How have they identified me as a property owner and my current address

b. I never owed any debt to Arrow Global

c. Does Arrow Global have the authority to monitor my financial position on a monthly basis

d. When did I ignore any correspondence from them (I was working in Brighton when I bought this SIM contract, and in three months moved to Horley and after three months left overseas and now in June 2011 I am back in UK)

Background:

After receiving the letter, I called Rossendales Collect (Arrow Global) and someone on the other end yelled at me to make the payment and said no information is available and that I owed the money to Orange which Arrow Global has taken over. He said that orange will not have access to the data or account. He then said that they will take me to the court if no immediate payment is done.

I called Orange and asked them about the account number (SIM only contract). They said that no data exists for the account number since it has been sold to Arrow Global.

I had taken the SIM Only contract on 20/06/2008 and cancelled the same on 13/10/2008. I had called the customer care, that I need to travel back to overseas and cannot continue the contract. Orange Customer care agreed that since it was a valid reason, they would close the contract.

But now after almost 3.5 years I receive a letter from a Debt Collection agency. To be honest I never leave debts. I pay my dues and understand how a debt damages credit history. Also if I owe money I would definitely pay it because I have taken service of it.And in this case I dont have any evidence that I contacted Orange (Letter or receipt etc).

PLEASE HELP ME - WHAT SHOULD I DO

1. After reading the form I went to the Orange webste and have requested for a SAR form to be sent to my mail ID

2. Orange Repayments Customer care told me that I need to contact in writing to (and I am planning to write to them)

Collections Operations

Orange Global House

Senhouse Road

Darlington

DL1 4YB

3. I read some important letter formats in this forum and should I send them:

Prove it Letter

CCA request

A letter when the account has been passed to another debt collection agency

I think the £90 works up this way ---> £15 X 6 months of the 12 months contract. But why has orange not cancelled the contract even after they spoke and confirmed me over the phone. Can I request for recorded telephonic conversation with Customer car????????

PLEASE HELP and ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Ok will try and address what I know - others can maybe fill in any other blanks

Orange dont normally supply an SAR form - you can just use the library here and send with fee by recorded delivery

It sounds like Orange have sold your debt to Arrow Global - This means any requests you send to Orange will just get forwarded to Arrow - UNLESS it is a dispute - these get reviewed then if needed Orange MAY intervene...but this is VERY rare.

The account will still be on their systems but there's not anybody who will discuss the account - they will ALWAYS advise you to contact Arrow Global as they "own" the debt now.

CCA request for this type debt is not relevant- Mobile contracts nowadays seem to be based upon you accept terms of a contract via using service/equipment.

The reasons you give for the contract to be finished are NOT normally grounds for termination without a contract charge - what type of sim only deal was it? You mention 12 months therefore 4 months used left 8 months - as far as I am aware Orange wont sell on debt with contract charges - only airtime charges - so i can only assume you may have run up a bill/ it ran on for a few months before disconnecting for non payment.

Arrow Global will try and tell a tale in order to get you to pay up - But I would suggest possibly looking towards requesting a F+Final with them - bear in mind they dont pay top dollar when debt purchasing :p

HTH a little

Pasetos

Edited by Pasetos
  • Haha 1

Pasetos is correct, there is no SAR form as such.. you will find a draft letter in the CAG library, linked in green at the top of each screen.

Send it to the original creditor with the fee of £10.00 they have 40 calendar days to comply :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Ok will try and address what I know - others can maybe fill in any other blanks

Orange dont normally supply an SAR form - you can just use the library here and send with fee by recorded delivery

It sounds like Orange have sold your debt to Arrow Global - This means any requests you send to Orange will just get forwarded to Arrow - UNLESS it is a dispute - these get reviewed then if needed Orange MAY intervene...but this is VERY rare.

The account will still be on their systems but there's not anybody who will discuss the account - they will ALWAYS advise you to contact Arrow Global as they "own" the debt now.

CCA request for this type debt is not relevant- Mobile contracts nowadays seem to be based upon you accept terms of a contract via using service/equipment.

The reasons you give for the contract to be finished are NOT normally grounds for termination without a contract charge - what type of sim only deal was it? You mention 12 months therefore 4 months used left 8 months - as far as I am aware Orange wont sell on debt with contract charges - only airtime charges - so i can only assume you may have run up a bill/ it ran on for a few months before disconnecting for non payment.

Arrow Global will try and tell a tale in order to get you to pay up - But I would suggest possibly looking towards requesting a F+Final with them - bear in mind they dont pay top dollar when debt purchasing :p

HTH a little

Pasetos

Dear Pasetos. Thank you very much for the time and the advise. I will do as you have suggested and wait and see as to how Arrow and Orange would reply. I will post the replies and keep this thread live until the issue is settled, so that someone else may also use it. Thanks once again.

Thank you for confirming the advise from CitizenB and providing details of the CAG library. I appreciate your time. I will keep you all posted of the progress.

Dear All (Advisors / Moderators / Users ...)

I need your help. Yesterday evening (03/02/2012) I received a letter from ROSSENDALES Collect with subject of the letter stating

DEBT OWED TO ARROW GLOBAL : £93.78)

ASSIGNED BY Account No: 500000

This is part of the information in the letter

As previously advised, you have been identified as a property owner and as such, Arrow Global will not tolerate you continuing to ignore the debt you owe. Your financial position is being monitored by Arrow Global on a monthly basis; at least insofar as your other creditors report such information to the credit reference agencies. It is believed you have an ability to pay your debt and continuing to ignore correspondence will certainly not improve the situation. Ultimately, action will be taken by Arrow Global to secure payment of that which is due to the company.

Questions

a. How have they identified me as a property owner and my current address

b. I never owed any debt to Arrow Global

c. Does Arrow Global have the authority to monitor my financial position on a monthly basis

d. When did I ignore any correspondence from them (I was working in Brighton when I bought this SIM contract, and in three months moved to Horley and after three months left overseas and now in June 2011 I am back in UK)

Background:

After receiving the letter, I called Rossendales Collect (Arrow Global) and someone on the other end yelled at me to make the payment and said no information is available and that I owed the money to Orange which Arrow Global has taken over. He said that orange will not have access to the data or account. He then said that they will take me to the court if no immediate payment is done.

I called Orange and asked them about the account number (SIM only contract). They said that no data exists for the account number since it has been sold to Arrow Global.

I had taken the SIM Only contract on 20/06/2008 and cancelled the same on 13/10/2008. I had called the customer care, that I need to travel back to overseas and cannot continue the contract. Orange Customer care agreed that since it was a valid reason, they would close the contract.

But now after almost 3.5 years I receive a letter from a Debt Collection agency. To be honest I never leave debts. I pay my dues and understand how a debt damages credit history. Also if I owe money I would definitely pay it because I have taken service of it.And in this case I dont have any evidence that I contacted Orange (Letter or receipt etc).

PLEASE HELP ME - WHAT SHOULD I DO

1. After reading the form I went to the Orange webste and have requested for a SAR form to be sent to my mail ID

2. Orange Repayments Customer care told me that I need to contact in writing to (and I am planning to write to them)

Collections Operations

Orange Global House

Senhouse Road

Darlington

DL1 4YB

3. I read some important letter formats in this forum and should I send them:

Prove it Letter

CCA request

A letter when the account has been passed to another debt collection agency

I think the £90 works up this way ---> £15 X 6 months of the 12 months contract. But why has orange not cancelled the contract even after they spoke and confirmed me over the phone. Can I request for recorded telephonic conversation with Customer car????????

PLEASE HELP and ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

They would find out property details from Electoral roll, Credit reference files, Land Registry -

You should never, ever phone these people.. as you have discovered they can be pretty unpleasant and unless you were able to record the conversation then it is is "evidence" lost.

Chances are that they didnt write to you.. they have standard statements in their letter that are designed to obtain a knee jerk reaction.. that you would phone them.. which you did.

I would simply write to them and advise that unless and until they can provide evidence that this debt is owed by you to either them or Orange then they should go away.

Any communication you have with these people should be in writing, with proof of posting.

Just so you are aware, they will not be able to take any of the actions they say they can until they have issued a court claim !.. I find it hard to believe that they would for such a small amount.. although I guess there would always be a first time.

It seems as though you can prove that you have never received any communication from them.. which would make things difficult for them as they would not have followed preaction protocol :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D