Question on Redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been working for the same company for 8.5 years. During the "hard times", our hours and pay were reduced and even before then, I have not had a pay rise since I started there. We have asked numerous times and been brushed off although the "managers" and employees in other areas have had pay rises and not had their hours or pay reduced.

We also used to have paid sick leave before the recession and this has never been reinstated although once again, other people who work for the company have this. My health has been failing, 2 knee operations and now once again one of my knees is going again. This is all due to heavy lifting and stretching into machinery and I can't take any time off because I won't be paid for it.

There have been a number of health and safety incidents as well that I have documented.

I am turning 55 in May and want to retire early mainly due to being fed up with the unfair treatment at work and failing health. However, rather than just resign, can I ask for voluntary redundancy due to ill health? There is no actual redundancy drive on at the moment but there is a lack of work and we are constantly being forced to do jobs like cleaning toilets and other areas to "look busy". Once again, this only applies to my area and is obviously not what is in my job role nor is it possible for me with my physical challenges.

MK - Other Half :mad2:

Hi,

You may want to approach a senior manager or executive at you place of work and discuss the option...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi,

I agree with the above option that youl should definitely pose your question to a senior member of staff, or someone in a position to make that decision, or pass it on for review.

However, you state that you - and presumably your colleagues in your department - are being 'forced' to engage in other tasks such as cleaning the toilets ( as an example ). Is this within the scope of your contractual terms of employment/job description?

Also, are you a member of a Union?

Phil