ESA medical tomorrow!!

ottoni
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have my esa medical tomorrow and was just wondering if its all right to write down some things and take it in there with me so I don't forget to tell the doctor anything. I also have a letter from my gp, should I take this as well? I've been out of work since november 2011 with anxiety/depression. would really appreciate any feedback ,thankyou.

Hello there. If writing things down helps, I would do that. The also say that if you've written something, you're more likely to remember it.

Leemack has a forum sticky about the 'medical' and how to answer the questions that you might like to read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?287253-esa-medicals

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There's only so much you can do. You're preparing as well as you can and I would certainly recommend following leemack's method of answering the questions. I think where a lot of us have lost out [like myself] is by letting the assessor use the drop down boxes on the LiMA system. Leemack wouldn't give yes/no answers and she got her ESA first time round.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Am extremely worried about tomorrow, partner is coming in with me, any advice guys? feel sick with nerves

Hi,

I've been to two of these 'medicals'.

I 'scored' 'Nil Point's at both! (Mental Health / Addiction issues);

My best advice would be to answer all of their questions honestly, but to answer them from a standpoint of your worst day.

Don't tell them about anything that you can do 'sometimes', or occasionally.

Try and focus on the the things that you can't do, on a typically bad day.

If they try and hurry you, politely say you need more time to answer in more detail.

Aside from all of this, my best advice would be to expect to fail the medical, as most people do.

My GP told me this week, that he had a patient with Cancer who 'scored' zero points.

He also had a patient with one leg, who also scored zero points.

Just try to view this as a box ticking exercise on their part, and focus your energy into appealing.

If you haven't already, I would call your local DWP / BDC first thing on Monday, and ask them to send you their 'GL24 Appeal Form' immediately.

That way, there shouldn't be any delay in you getting your ESA money through.

Then just wait for them to send you their Medical Report.

Once you have that, I would seek support from your local CAB.

You'll then more than likely win your appeal, months down the line.

Don't let the sods grind you down!

Good Luck.

:)

Don't make a specail effort, as someone told me.

I know the concept is odd... Not to make a specail effort for something that'll effect your future, practical situation and mental stability, but if you make a specail effort they will judge you on that. Take your time, don't let them rush your answers and don't let them twist your words.

You're doing well to take your partner.

I hope you get this in time and good luck. : )

I had my WCA on Saturday 7th Jan, the letter came yesterday nil points.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, yeah had the 'medical' week last saturday. Got seen on time and it was carried out by a nurse not a doctor as I was expecting. I was in there for about 20 minutes, my partner come in with me. She asked what most on here report, she asked when I last worked, what I did and what were the reasons behind leaving, what my 'normal' day involves and how it affects my ability to work. She asked if I went out on my own, if I have any interests and if so do I still pursue them? She asked if I had any children and if I play with them very much? found that one a bit weird! she asked about my mood and if this has changed, that's all I can think of at the moment. Just now waiting, rang DWP on friday they said all they have on their system is that it has been referred to a DWP decision maker which is normal.