lloyds unable to attend in september

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5156 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys, I recieved my copy of Lloyds AQ yesterday (SCM solicitors) and they ticked the box to say they want an extra month and also that they can't attend in court september. As september is almost over i am not unduly worried that there will be any significant delays from now on.

Should i just sit tight and wait now? I notice that quite a few people have called the solicitors to engage in an informal discussion. is this the best approach?

Louise:D

Hi I have received the same form back today. The AQ form from Lloyds Solicitors, they have also asked the court for a 30 day extension and say they cannot attend in October. Can you let me know how you get on as I don't know what to do next, its so dragging on. I don't know whether to just sit tight and wait for their solicitors to phone or to call them. Many thanks.

Will

I received my AQ back from them with the same earlier this week, asking for extra month, and there not available in Oct.

I sent them a letter with my AQ I sent three weeks ago, asking them if the were prepared to enter dialogue, haven't had anything indicating the wish to do so.

I decided to call SCM to clarify there position and the extra months request, I was told that they were awaiting instructions from there client, but would not discuss if they were ready to discuss the matter!

So if I were you I would do the same, if they have no intruction from Lloyds to try to settle this, them they are just using it as a delaying tactic.

I've given them 7 days to clarify it.

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Seems like this has become their standard now. The box was ticked for the extra month and they have also indicated that no-one is available for October. Seems like they are using this as a delaying tactic. Makes my blood boil!! :-x

9/8/2006 Moneyclaim Submitted £490

15/8/06 Reply from court, Lloyds have acknowledged with intention to defend

11/9/06 28 days to the day defence submitted by Lloyds

13/9/06 AQ received reqd to return by 30/9/06 to Rugby CC

29/9/06 AQ completed and returned to court

I'd like to see things from the banks point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my a**.

I received a copy of Lloyd's AQ a week or so ago, and they had also ticked the box to request a stay for a month.

When I phoned SC&M, the lady I spoke to said that it was standard for them to tick that box. When I asked her if that was so Lloyds could have an extra month for them to negotiate or settle, she said, "No, it's just standard that we tick the box".

She then went on to say that "...Lloyds always like to settle these cases before they get to court"

Straight from the horses mouth, as it were.

;)

17th July 2006 - Small Claims Court action filed

20th July 2006 - Claim deemed to have been served

24th July 2006 - Defendent filed an Acknowledgment of Service

17th August 2006 - Defendant's solicitors filed a defence (Sechiari Clark & Mitchell).

24th August 2006 - Defence & AQ received.

13th October 2006 - Court orders a stay until 11th Nov to reach settlement - yeah, right. http://cag-images.co.uk/forum/images/buttons/edit.gif

Hmmm, did you record that conversation by any chance Peter? I'm sure the district judge would be VERY interested to hear that :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hmmm, did you record that conversation by any chance Peter? I'm sure the district judge would be VERY interested to hear that :D

Unfortunately not .... I was calling on my mobile in the car. Not driving, of course.

;)

17th July 2006 - Small Claims Court action filed

20th July 2006 - Claim deemed to have been served

24th July 2006 - Defendent filed an Acknowledgment of Service

17th August 2006 - Defendant's solicitors filed a defence (Sechiari Clark & Mitchell).

24th August 2006 - Defence & AQ received.

13th October 2006 - Court orders a stay until 11th Nov to reach settlement - yeah, right. http://cag-images.co.uk/forum/images/buttons/edit.gif

Damn, ah well. Still, at least it confirms what we already suspected ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have recieved a letter from my county court on Friday. The date in the box in the top right hand corner is 12 October 2006.

It is an N24 General form of judgement or order.

It states the following:

Before DISTRICT JUDGE PXXXXXsitting at my local county court

Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of recieving it

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The Defendant must file an Allocation Questionnaire by 19 October 2006

and in default their defence and counterclaim, if any, will be struck out and the Claimant will be at liberty to request judgement forthwith.

Dated 26 September 2006

Does anyone know what this means?

I purchased the Small claims procedure practical guide and i have had a read through it but i am still not sure what the N24 means.

I am thinking of calling the court tomorrow to see if they can explain it in apples and pears. As far as i know my county court has recieved SCMs AQ as i had a letter from Northampton county court (Notice to transfer proceedings) informing me that a defence had been filed with a copy of SCMs AQ attached. I also revieved a copy of the AQ from SCM themselves.

Any ideas:?:

Hi everyone,

I called my county court this morning and they were very helpful. Basically SCM and myself had until sept 11th to file our AQs at my local court. I did this but SCM didn't, so know they have until oct 19th to do so. The person i spoke suggested i call back on friday morning for an update.

Louise:rolleyes:

Rang law courts this morning.

Lloyds submitted their AQ on 17th october, so i just have to wait for a court date now. The person i spoke to was very helpful and said i should hear in the next few weeks.

I wish this didn't take so long:|

Louise