Paid for repair to PC, not fixed no refund!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In November 2011 I contacted Repairworld Rotherham (now known as Comart ITM)about a fault on my PC, they quoted for repair,

I paid with my bank card and they duelly collected my PC for repair.

The next 2 months I kept phoning trying to find out what was happening, only to be told last week that the parts they quoted for have been fitted

but has not solved the problem and the machine does not work at all now.

I was told that I will not get a refund as they have done what I requested.

I stated that they quoted the repair on my discription of the problem.

I was told there is no point going round in circles, there is no refund and your item will be returned 1/2/2012.

I still have not received my broken PC.

How can I get a refund and my PC but back to the stae it was when it went in?

Unless the agreement was on a "no fix no fee" basis, you probably wouldn't be entitled to a full refund as they still did work.

However, it sounds bad that the PC does not work at all now. What state was the PC in when you sent it to them? If they broke your PC that could be a breach of their "duty of care". Have you spoken to a manager about it or formally written to them to get this resolved?

If you are not able to resolve the issue with the retailer, I note that you paid by card so you can contact your bank about doing a chargeback. Your bank will expect you to have tried to resolve the issue with the retailer first.