SCS misleading - for sidler69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is on behalf of sidler69 who appears to be having a few problems..

I bought a sofa from scs less than 2 years ago and took out the gaurdsman policy witch the sales person said it was amazing if had kids because of stains or rips or tears, its half leather and half fabric. just before xmas i had a party and a table managed to rip a whole in my leather so i rang gaurdsman and they told me that scs only put fabric gaurd protection on when i was under the impression i had both. i have no paper work saying my type of cover just to say that i have gaurdsman.

i rang my scs store and all they keep telling me that i have no leather gaurd so cant help me, i feel cheated and dont know what to do.

also the base of the sofa were the cusions are on (under the cusions were you sit) have rips in the material were the wooden frame is coming through, this is just from day to day use so there is no support at all. please help guys scs are just saying cant help sorry.................. as you can tell im not very good with emails or spelling and the legal stuff any thing to help thanks xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey guys\ladies hope you could tell me were stand i bough a £1500 sofa off scs 21 months ago and the base of the sofa were the cusions are on (under the cusions were u sit) have rips in the material were the wooden structure of the frame is coming through this is all over the sofa, this is just from day to day use so there is no support at all and couresing it to be very uncomfitable. please help guys scs are just saying cant help because its past its one year warranty................ as you can tell im not very good with emails or spelling and the legal stuff any thing to help thanks dan xx

thanks for the help been reading alot throught this and looks good for me thanks again xx

Hello my names daniel please can some one please help me write a formal complaint letter to scs iv have been trying for a few days but, i cant seem to get it to pack a punch i have read SOGA and read my rights and the sofas not fit for purpose and doesnt seem to be made of gd quility or this would not have happened also scs have discontinued my sofa witch shows how gd it really was this is my problemthanks.

i bough a £1500 sofa off scs 21 months ago and the base of the sofa were the cusions are on (under the cusions were u sit) have rips in the material were the wooden structure of the frame is coming through (the frame of the sofa caused the rips) this is all over the sofa, this is just from day to day use so there is no support at all and couresing it to be very uncomfitable. please help guys scs are just saying cant help because its past its one year warranty................ as you can tell im not very good with emails or spelling and the legal stuff any thing to help thanks dan xx

Thanks people and help a letter template anything x

Edited by 42man

Hello sidler, I see you got things sorted out :)

I wonder if there will be anything in SOGA that will help you ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?285973-OFT-SOGA-online-hub-useful-info-on-SOGA-for-sellers-aimed-at-business-but-useful-resource-for-consumers.

It is aimed at business, but you should be able to see what rights you have if you have a read.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi sid

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Send him pics.

Have a read of 12 and 13 in my signature.

Send it to:-

David Knight, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some Tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

I'm afraid I don't hold much hope for you......21 months is a long time in the life of any product, I really don't think you have any kind of recourse, unless you get an independant specilaist to see if there were any faults (this will cost you), or if you find any other customers with a similar problem on a similar/same product. ......I think you may have to swallow the fact that SCS will not refund or replace after such a long space of time. Next time you purchase a new sofa you'll probably buy one from somewhere else....

Dear Sir / Madam

I write to you with some concerns about a product I purchased from you company back in/on (date)

(Explain the problem)

I am surprised that even after this amount of time and with normal everyday useage this has occurred. I feel that the product you have sold me may have been faulty from the start.

I will await your response....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html