RBS taking me to court - *Struck Out* ** New claim issued by RBS **

dpac123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife received a notice of discontinuance from Shoosmiths through the post today, which is good news. Just waiting for the same from Ascent Legal who promised the same. Will keep you posted, and would then appreciate some advice on how to claim costs so that we can get RBS off our backs for good.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife received a notice of discontinuance from Shoosmiths through the post today, which is good news. Just waiting for the same from Ascent Legal who promised the same. Will keep you posted, and would then appreciate some advice on how to claim costs so that we can get RBS off our backs for good.

:thumb:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just got this email from Ascent Legal:

Dear Madam,

We refer to your telephone conversation with this office on 12th September and write to confirm that our file has been placed on hold pending our clients further instructions.

We shall revert to you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Ascent Legal

So we have submitted a defence which has been received at Northampton (Royal Mail tracking) and both Shoosmiths and Ascent Legal have confirmed things are discontinued or on hold - now what?

Check with the court that they have received Shoos NoD with regards to Ascent putting on hold..... this means nothing the claim proceeds.(until they issue a NoD)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Got this email from Ascent Legal: Dear Madam, We refer to your email of 16th September and write to advise that, as yet, we have not received instructions to discontinue the proceedings. However, we can confirm that they have been placed on hold pending our clients instructions. We trust this clarifies the situation and will revert to you as soon as possible. Yours faithfully, Ascent Legal.

Do we still hit Shoosmiths for costs? This could be "on hold" for a very long time and still hanging over us?

Got this email from Ascent Legal: Dear Madam, We refer to your email of 16th September and write to advise that, as yet, we have not received instructions to discontinue the proceedings. However, we can confirm that they have been placed on hold pending our clients instructions. We trust this clarifies the situation and will revert to you as soon as possible. Yours faithfully, Ascent Legal.

Do we still hit Shoosmiths for costs? This could be "on hold" for a very long time and still hanging over us?

I thought they had discontinued?

Unless the claim is above 10K no wasted costs in SCT

Regards

Andy

I thought they had discontinued?

Unless the claim is above 10K no wasted costs in SCT

Regards

Andy

The previous claim from last year was discontinued and we have the paperwork from the court for that. This latest claim from Ascent Legal is "on hold".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, it's all been quiet for a while but received a letter just before Christmas from Eversheds giving my wife an inc/exp form to offer monthly payments. It also refers to an "open letter" of the date, which we never received. I responded to say the case had already been struck out and that unless they are going to answer the questions the DJ asked them, which they never responded to, I would not communicate further. Eversheds have taken over, not sure under whose authority and I am not sure where Shoosmiths and Ascent now fit into the picture.

Then we received a notice of transfer of proceedings from Northampton stating: "This claim has been transferred to Brighton County Court as the CCBC Sol is No Longer Acting".

I am getting tired of repeating the same old stuff to new solicitors or agents that keep on popping up. I don't know who is actually authorised to act for RBS, the case has already been struck out and our defence is exactly the same as before i.e. no valid default notice, violations of Banking Code re: closing our accounts, forcing payments through to create a fee, no overdraft facility papers, etc.

Your help would be much appreciated again!

Ignore Eversheds dpac and with regards to the transfer that will be for administration purposes only...the claim is struck out.

Regards

Andy

Which track was the claim in?

Prepare a bill of wasted costs and send it to the solicitor (informally) that was acting see what response you get.

CPR 43-48

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

OK, my wife has just received a General Form of Judgement or Order stating that the case is allocated to fast track and that a list of directions hearing with a time estimate of 30 minutes to deal with the issues raised in the defence and give directions. There is also a Notice of Hearing for 3rd March. Does she really need to go to court to re-iterate what has already been said for a case that has already been struck out and where she is only one of two parties on the loan agreement? Please advise...

Edited by citizenB

Does she really need to go to court to re-iterate what has already been said for a case that has already been struck out and where she is only one of two parties on the loan agreement?

In my limited experience, I would say that attending the court would be best. No guarantee that the judge would know about the previously struck out case, and the full details can be properly presented. I would also suggest that you attend too. I had a similar experience, the only difference was that I also had a separate claim issued to me for the same account. I asked the judge, and he agreed, that I could speak for both myself and my wife. Perhaps if you explained to the judge the claim in question is for a joint account, and that you think the claim has been brought in a vexatious (?) manner he might be sympathetic. JMO.Good Luck t.

Edited by citizenB

PS. Can they really try to resurrect a case that has been struck out?

Sorry, I havent read back over the thread.. why was the original claim struck out ?

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D