What are my rights here? claiming threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I come out of the gym to find this under my windscreen wiper..

image4.jpg

This has annoyed me a fair bit as yes I was parked in parent and child space but at peak time there are often times when there are no regular space.

It annoys me that this letter comes across kind of threaten , I am a member that pays £135 a month for a joint membership. This is a private car park own by the club and they are threating to operate a wheel clamping system, this ticks me off.

What are my rights here? I would like to write them a stern letter explaining why this wrong. I would also like to say in some way that they do not have my permission to touch my vehicle.

They are quick to accept no responsability to when your car gets damaged in thier car park which actually has happened to one of my old vehicles.

Not happy with this club I have been a member with for about 5 years..

They'd better be quick since the Protection of Freedoms Act which is due to become law later this year will prohibit clamping on private land, so their threat is a pretty toothless one.

Other than that, it's merely a polite notice asking not to park in disabled/parents bays. If you're still not happy, then vote with your feet and cancel your membership and join another club.

plus you need to point out to them that

ALL signs , tarmac markings etc etc are purely GRAFFITTI on private land

and have no statute in law.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will let them know of this up coming law...

A couple of other quick questions, are they alowed to log my car details on a database? are they allowed to touch my car?

There are no displays saying a car needs a parent badge!

As they consider this an inconvenience caused on my part, I feel there is aninconvenience on there part for joining so many member to the club that the car park is over flowing to the point it can take 5 minutes of driving around to find a space.

plus you need to point out to them that

ALL signs , tarmac markings etc etc are purely GRAFFITTI on private land

and have no statute in law.

dx

Thank you I will definitely include this.

It annoys me that this letter comes across kind of threaten , I am a member that pays £135 a month for a joint membership. This is a private car park own by the club and they are threating to operate a wheel clamping system, this ticks me off.

Well if it was me, I would give the club a copy of the notice at the same time I was giving them my cancellation notice tommorrow!

However, you might want to check your car, front and back, because if they have done what they claim to have done then you will undoubtedly be wanting to report the theft of two registration plates!

Haha I will check this morning ;-)