dealing with 4 year old CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i got into debt with HSBC around 2006, i was made redundant but my credit card still worked, so i told myself I'm sure i'll find work in a couple of weeks, and it can be paid off... Carried on using it for grocery shopping until it was finally declined, i wouldn't dare open the statements, at a guess i would have thought i owed at least £6000 with my overdraft, card and whatever charges incurred on them both. Got a few letters from DCA's which i ignored and that's the last i heard about it.

I moved about a year later but didn't hide away, opened a new bank account, started new work and put myself on the electoral roll, then assumed any debts i had would catch up with me and i could offer a lump sum to clear them or set up a payment plan, but until then, i wasn't in any hurry to get in contact with them (not that i knew who i could contact). Since then i've not had a single letter or knock at the door, i went into the O2 store and tried to get a phone for work and my credit check was accepted, and obtaining a stat credit report from experian didn't reveal any debt. :???:

Now i've just got the 30 day trial with Equifax and this lists a single CCJ in 2007, at £2750, way less than i expected but it's also given me more things to question, what's the best way to deal with this since it's not being chased up by anyone? If this is not paid off in full, can they apply for another CCJ the second this drops off my file? If i contact the court and find out who applied for the CCJ, is it best if i just contact them and offer to pay, or wait and see if they contact me? If i do get in contact with them, what should i offer them? As much as i can afford or just as little as they will accept? I could probably afford £50 a month or something, but i don't want to enter into a payment plan if they can just get another CCJ for the full ammount and have that on my file for another 6 years!

Thanks