Fraud and divorce

Goatan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask but I know cagers are often very knowledgeable about consumer law etc and may be able to help.

Anyway my sister very recently split up with her husband who was drunk and verbally abusive. Just yesterday he forged her signature and withdrew all the money from their joint account. Talking with some friends at work (conveniently a bank) they seem to think that the bank was negligent and therefore should refund the money and chase him for what he took. I’m not convinced of this and it’s not exactly my friends’ area of responsibility at work. Does this sound true as I have had fraud happen to me and had a devil of a time getting the bank to take any notice and didn’t get anything back.

Currently Pursuing three credit card companies for PPI and charges.

Capital one: Sent the required SAR information late, currently working out my claim.

Egg: Sent the required SAR information on time, curently working out my claim.

Virgin/MBNA: Still waiting less than week left to copmly with SAR.

It depends. Had she informed the bank of the split? How exactly was the money withdrawn? When you say he forged her signature, was this on a withdrawal form or cheque or what? Did the account need both signatures to withdraw funds? How much (approximately) are we talking about?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Well its good news. My sister acted very quickley (actually whilst i was typing the original start of the thread she was getting this issue resolved.) and bank have returned the money as they feel very clearley it was fraud and the account was one that needed two signatuers to withdraw funds from it.

Currently Pursuing three credit card companies for PPI and charges.

Capital one: Sent the required SAR information late, currently working out my claim.

Egg: Sent the required SAR information on time, curently working out my claim.

Virgin/MBNA: Still waiting less than week left to copmly with SAR.