Washing Machine Installation Problems - Currys Unhelpful ***Resolved ***

meemok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, would appreciate some advice for a friend of my mums.

Her washing machine went kaboom on Saturday (her floor is very wonky, and the machine used to rattle and bang as it wasn't levelled properly)

She ordered a new one from Currys, and paid for installation, and it was delivered and installed yesterday. She told the knowhow installers about the wonky floor, and they said they would make sure the machine was level.

Guess what?

The new one is also rattling and banging, I was there earlier and it sounds like one of those pneumatic road-flattener thingys. It also wobbles and shakes.

She rang Currys, they said that the installers would have levelled the machine, and that she must be using it incorrectly. Also, because she didn't take out their 'whatever happens' cover (she ain't daft), she will have to pay for a Hotpoint engineer to come and look at it.

Hotpoint told her the manufacturer guarantee will not cover engineer callouts unless there is a manufacturing fault with the machine, and it is down to Currys to sort it out.

Another call to Currys, same response as before.

She paid extra for the installation to make sure it would be done properly and it blatantly wasn't.

Where does she stand? Who is responsible?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?285973-OFT-SOGA-online-hub-useful-info-on-SOGA-for-sellers-aimed-at-business-but-useful-resource-for-consumers.

Have a read of the link above. Aimed at business, but it might have the answer to your question. Meanwhile I will try and find some further help for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Meemok,

Thanks for taking the time to post up.

Can you send me a PM with your mothers friends details on i.e phone number, full address and order number if you have it available. I will look into this and see what can be done.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Thanks citizenB! although, the SOGA page is not working at the moment (not fit for purpose? :-D)

[edit: its working now]

The machine, as far as we can tell, is fine. It is just not installed properly.

She could have attached the water & outlet pipes herself quite easily, but paid the extra so they could level it to avoid damage like the last one.

Ideally, I would like a definite answer to 'who is responsible'. Something she can put in writing to Currys or whoever. She is not very confident on the phone, and I tend to get a bit sweary when customer service people don't tell me what I wanna hear :-)

Edited by meemok
a wizard did it

I just rang her to ask for the order info. She has already had a call back from Kate (maybe Katie) at Currys who was very nice, and said that someone would be with her between 8:15 and 12:15 tomorrow to sort it out, and it wouldn't cost her anything extra.

Does that sound right?

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Meemok,

Thanks for getting back in contact.

I was going to sort something out a long the same sort of lines as that.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Oh good, you have it sorted now, yes ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It apppears so cB. I'm waiting in at hers tomorrow as she's at work, so will be back on at 12:16 if not! :-)

Michelle (mums friend) had called Currys again after I left and spoke to Kat(i)e, who seems to think the first C.S. guy misunderstood what her complaint was about. (in his defence, michelle doesn't half ramble!)

Well they arrived at just after 11 and sorted it in like 2 minutes :-)

Even waited while I chucked some towels in to test the fast spin.

Can I change thread title to "Currys actually very helpful"?

That is good news meemok :)

BCOBS

Thank you ims21, and yes citizenB it is very good news, she is very happy now :)

She wants to say thankyou to whoever sorted it out so I am going to send the order refs to Paul and see if he can pass on the thanks to whoever it was.