meteor parking ticket (southeastern ashford kent)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This, to me, is another case of a PPC trying anything/everything to frighten the weak and ignorant (no disrespect to the OP) into giving them money to which they have no legal entitlement.

The PPC can only persue the Driver for their actual losses - and that would be in the County Court. This gives them a number of problems -

A - they do not know who was the Driver and there is NO legal obligation for the Registered Keeper to tell anyone who was driving (other than to the Police or Councils)

B - they have suffered no losses as the Car Park fee was paid

C - the varying amount of the money they are seeking has no basis and would be seen as a Penalty - and penalties/fines can onlt be charged by Courts and Police. ANY Courts do not take kindly to companies

impersonating them and their Fine charging powers

D - there is no reason, justification or Authority provided for the 'penalty' increasing from £45/£90 to the present £165 - further demonstrating the speculative nature of the scare tactics.

E - the original 'ticket' has no mention of any Laws under which criminal prosecutions could ensue.

To issue a Magistrates Court summons a number of the above difficulties are still apply. For example - who do they Summons? It can only be the Driver at the time and they don't know who that was, nor has anyone made any effort to ascertain who that was !

Even the stooge has failed to answer basic questions put, but he just continued with the scare tactics.

I know what I would do - or rather wouldn't do!!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am wondering how you got on, I have similar, however I had historically purchased my parking ticket from the comfort of the train, unfortunately there were issues with the train, and I couldn't get a seat. and found it impossible to purchase a parking ticket due to phone signal; I then forgot until on the way home, but at this time they didn't accept my purchase as I had already been ticketed. It turned out I had been ticketed approximately 15 minutes after arriving at the car park. I will create a new post tomorrow with the wording of my 14 days to pay or we will issue magistrates court proceedings letter.