Car clamper jailed

gerson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure whether this should be posted in Parking or Baliffs forums

So Mods please move as you deem fit

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4096737/Rogue-clamper-Marcus-foley-swiped-parking-permits-before-demanding-300-release-fee.html

Edited by gerson
hit wrong damn button

Thanks for this.

Of course, most people will consider that this is well in keeping with the character of the entire industry

Clamping should be outlawed. How clamping helps I will never understand. It's like braking a footballer's legs because they got caught offside and asking for them to cough out cash if they want their legs repaired.

Quite a while back, I went shopping with my SIL and we parked up in a multi-story car park. She purchased a ticket with the minimum 2 hour time limit, and we got back well within that time (gone for probably half an hour at most). There was a parking fine stuck to her windshield for failing to display a valid ticket. We eventually found the pay and display ticket on the passenger side floor, just under the seat. The next day, her then-boyfriend pointed out that there was a visible slit in the soft top of her jeep. At the time, we put the ticket falling off (and managing to magically hide itself under a seat, as opposed to landing on the quite prominent dash!) down to bad luck and the slit down to vandalism as the car was parked outside her parents house at night, but this makes me wonder if that's actually the case. I always though the ticket falling off was a bit odd - the adhesive on the back seemed quite strong.

Nothing to be done about it now because it was a long time ago, but I think I'll be very inclined to be wary about where I park in future.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I have heard of tales of cars being rocked by clampers to dislodge permits and tickets off the dashboard. Personally I cannot believe that such honourable members of our society such as clampers would resort to such a scurrilous activity!

I have a cctv camera in my car that works off the cigarette lighter.It also has 6 infra red led 's.It stamps the day, month, year, and 24 hour time mode on the video.Works well.They are available on Ebay for under £40.00.

I have heard of tales of cars being rocked by clampers to dislodge permits and tickets off the dashboard. Personally I cannot believe that such honourable members of our society such as clampers would resort to such a scurrilous activity!

I've seen a council-appointed traffic warden do that (amongst other things, like try and force his way onto driveways to ticket a car, and telling lost people from outside the area to 'park up and ask for directions'). I've not seen him since I got a video-capable phone though - maybe he got caught out.

I think it is inevitable that some of the private companies appointed by the councils "play dirty" - they are given a target of the number of tickets issued.

It is akin to insisting that schools need to have a certain number of exclusions to prove that they are enforcing discipline, or giving a supermarket manager a target of "number of arrests of shoplifters" - it means that there is an incentive to encourage law breaking, rather than concentrating on simple measures that solve the problem.

One of the private companies near here are very happy to tell people who ask that their staff do not have targets, and do not work on commission - both true - but they do not mention that consideration for promotion comes only after a certain number of tickets have been issued, and that overtime is given to staff with the "best" rates.

How does this happen and how does one get away with it for a year or so? Who is to blame for this daylight con in the name of the law?

The council who set a target?

The 'respectable' clampers and tow trucks who steal the car and demand money and threaten that your car will never be seen again?

The extremely strict traffic law where even if a centimetre of the wheel is out, your car's gone?

The citizens/drivers who stay silent while rights and money is chipped away from them?

The police who don't take traffic enforcement complaints seriously enough?

The system where the only people who can be heard are those who can financially afford to be heard?

Have I left anyone out?!!

How does this happen and how does one get away with it for a year or so? Who is to blame for this daylight con in the name of the law?

The citizens/drivers who stay silent while rights and money is chipped away from them?

well as I implied in my previous post now I have the means to do so if I see anyone doing what I saw in the past then they'd be straight up on youtube, with a link mailed to the local press and parking office (by post) shortly afterwards.

As I haven't seen him around in over 6 months it could well be a bad egg that has been weeded out though - can always live in hope...