Experto Credit- any dealings with this company

floridagirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone could give any information on these people.

I have a friend who is paying off credit cards by a Debt Management Plan, he pays by SO every month.

Experto Credite are continually phoning my friend at all times of the day and night.

He states to them he doesn't discuss finance over the telephone.

Anyone any experience of the DCA Experto Credite.

He must make a formal complaint to Experto

demanding that all call cease as he considers

them to be harassment, and that they must

deal with the DMP only.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

I used to work for these cowboys when I needed a job and lost my previous one. They s*it themselves if you know your in the right. Sarah is the collections manager demand ot speak to her, also if they phone the same number more than three times in a day it is classed as harassment, also they MUST accept any payment, Finally as they bulk buy debt they have a certain timeframe to collect payments before the "account" is passed back.

I rememeber I was useless........don't worry £1 a month will be fine :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone who has this problem before and the best way to get this sorted is next time they call go through their 'SECURITY QUESTION' as they have to this on all calls as under the Data Protection Act, (one of the principles of the act state that a company holding personal data must ensure that it is secure or something along those lines) and its in OFT which they are regulated by, normally they ask you to confirm your DOB and postcode. Once your friend has completed the 'SECURITY QUESTIONS' the person who your friend is speaking to will be able to speak 'Freely'.

All your friend needs to do is advise them that he/she is with a debt management company and advise them what company he is with and give them a reference and contact details. Once your friend has done this he/she needs to tell the person he is speaking to that he/she is getting annoyed at the phone calls and would appreciate if the account could be put on hold whilst his/her debt management company get in contact with Experto Credit which is normally (2 wks -4 wks, the hold).

All your friend needs to do now is to ensure that his/her debt management company is in contact and has set up a plan with Experto Credit or else as long as there isn't a plan in place with Experto Credit your friend is at risk of being call because they are probably going to call accounts which are not paying/have a plan set up.

And in reference to some of the other comments I have seen is that, in my opinion me and people I know who have dealt with this company is that they try to be professional at all times and any problems has been dealt with by a conversation with their collectors rather than correspondence as the collectors there can make notes directly on to your friends account straight away rather than waiting for a reply which could takes weeks by letter and in the meantime may still get calls.

And considering the calls to be harassment (a reply from someone else) I read on another forum that they have to call more than 3 times per number that same day, and to be honest your friend should complain about this if they have called one of his/hers numbers more than 3 times a day but at the end of the day they own a your friends debt and your friend is paying it off and if your friend takes my advice above once a plan is in place on your friends account that should stop the calls.

Edited by iknowsomethings

blueboy1 the message I put is in MY OPINION on what me and people I know have dealt with this problem or problems along similar lines and that's how I found the problem(s) to be solved, I understand that you may have a different experience with this company but I replied to the original question from mine and people I know experiences, to help solve the problem, I don't see you giving advice on how to solve floridagirl's problem your just criticizing what I have wrote by saying that I am talking rubbish, I would like to know what specifically about my message is rubbish because at the end of the day its my opinion and how I feel something could be solved.

AND THIS IS A CONSUMER FORUM, WHERE PEOPLE TRY AND HELP SOLVE ISSUES FROM KNOWLEDGE AND PAST EXPERIENCES NOT TO ATTACK PEOPLES OPINIONS. Like my old man says IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

blueboy1 the message I put is in MY OPINION on what me and people I know have dealt with this problem or problems along similar lines and that's how I found the problem(s) to be solved, I understand that you may have a different experience with this company but I replied to the original question from mine and people I know experiences, to help solve the problem, I don't see you giving advice on how to solve floridagirl's problem your just criticizing what I have wrote by saying that I am talking rubbish, I would like to know what specifically about my message is rubbish because at the end of the day its my opinion and how I feel something could be solved.

AND THIS IS A CONSUMER FORUM, WHERE PEOPLE TRY AND HELP SOLVE ISSUES FROM KNOWLEDGE AND PAST EXPERIENCES NOT TO ATTACK PEOPLES OPINIONS. Like my old man says IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

I think this should be brought to a close now.

Perhaps all parties should note the last para of the post above.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've been contacted about a £10K debt from the 90's that I had forgotten about. Unfortunately, they had a ccj on the debt and I was paying off at £10pm. I cancelled the payment in error and then had no contact details to speak to them again (I had been paying it for years). Now they have found me, I'm concerned that the judgement means that they can enforce payment, which I don't have. I may be able to catch up the missed payments, but no more than that. Any advice as to how to deal with Credit Experto on this?

Also, would it be worth checking to see if there was ppi on this account, or would that just make things worse?

Thanks

Before you start please check your credit reference files.

Who are Experto Collecting for the original creditor or a

debt purchase company?

• 9 months later...

AL contact with a DCA is Best made in Writting not on the phone, so called customer service depts, rarely get things right, they might tell you it's been sorted and then nothing happens.

I have to say that in a large number of situations similar to this which I have dealt with involving DMPs and DCAs that have been '' simply '' dealt with by phone have been a complete farce, and is not dealt with swifly, is often ignored, and not easily accepted.

Enjoy your weekend.

My advice remains keep all matters concerning DCAs inwritting.

The response when a matter has been ''dealt with'' by phone contact is very often ''we have no record of any such call''.

Yes very often with debts in DMPs especially when the DMP is paid for!!

For you own protection if you are tempted to phone and make any form of agreement with a DCA, follow it up

with a letter confirming the agreement experience show that telephone agreements often go wrong.

Your ''love'' of the DCAs worries me as it may seriously mislead inexperienced users of this forum, who initigates the sale or purchase of a portfolio of debt is totally irrelevant.

It is only common sense to create a solid paper trail of any dealing with companies that a continually ignoring OFT Guidance and even the CSAs recommendations and guidance.

I just hope those who are not aware of the ''practices'' we see every day here on CAG will not be influenced .

I'm sorry, but with all the help I have had on this site, I listen to people like the BRIGADIER2JCSuser-online.pngas I have always found his advice spot on.

Phone calls to DCA's have always been a nightmare, but a paper trail is worth its weight in gold.

Remember these older Caggers give a lot of their free time and knowledge to help others.

blueboy

strange I have never been in that world where DCAs have been polite in all manner, especially when it has been explained one has come out of hospital/lost job/short time, and have Priority debts to pay 1st without state help.

and that is after 60+ years of hitting everyday life and road thru life, on occasions when the need be to speak to DCAs regardless if they are collectors or debt purchasers have not come across a civil attitude to-wards compromise, even to one extent agreesive attitude to one when they are told the only money received to-day was winter fuel allowance and insisted that will do or court proceedings will commence, and laughter from that person when fuel allowance was mentioned all you need when you just come out of hospital, wised up after a few months when you find out they are not to be trusted.

SO THE SAYING ALL IN WRITING MENTIONED BY OTHERS IS THE ONLY WAY, I have 2 now who will not write or e-mail answers but keep phoning so they are wasting their time as I offered short term solution and they originally state not in their remit, well they can carry on and act as children, and can expect files to be kept and any correspondence to their detriment.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It matters not if it's DMP, Full and Final settlement offers, payment plans, it is unwise to say the very least to involve one self in telephone contact with DCAs.

I presume that your experience of the DCAs attitude to debtors (alleged debtors) come from working within the delusional world of the most corrupt indusrty in the country.

I am dealing with cases on a daily basis where actions of DCAs are in breach of just about every regulation, guidance and often law, the situation has NOT improved over the many years I have been involved in helping others, in fact is is many times worse.

Missing the Point - referring to ones self?

Mike, this person is so sure that DCAs are perfect I think we should stop feeding the ego.

Brig.

oh dear is that troll back.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh dear is that troll back.

dx

Afraid so dx I thought we had seen the last of this nonsense!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks