Moving Abroad with numerous debts, what can dca's really do ... Freeze Bank Accounts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A "Third Party Debt Order" replaced the garnishee order but they will still need to have obtained a CCJ which you have defaulted on.

A "Third Party Debt Order" can be obtained by any creditor & they do not have to have an association with your bank.

This is most often used to ring-fence your bank account -- the order instructs your bank or building society to act as the third party here with the aim of using your funds to pay off your creditors. During this process you won’t be able to withdraw money from your account without permission. This method of debt recovery cannot, however, be used on a joint account unless all parties listed on the account are responsible for the debt in question.

This process can involve having your account(s) frozen for a period of time until a court decides whether to pay the money to your creditor. The judge here will be looking to see whether you have made all your order/judgement payments. If you haven’t met your commitments here then they may well approve the Third Party Debt Order to release your funds to your creditor.

Hi Cerberusalert

Definately not an account set off. I was asking as I was about to sell up and move to SE Asia. I have equity in the property which I intend to use to set up home with my wife but was a little worried that some of my creditors would try and grab a Third Party Debt Order, but as yet none of them have a CCJ.

Thankfully I am still going to pay via the DMP I have set up.

Many thanks for putting my mind to rest.

Hi Cerberusalert

Definately not an account set off. I was asking as I was about to sell up and move to SE Asia. I have equity in the property which I intend to use to set up home with my wife but was a little worried that some of my creditors would try and grab a Third Party Debt Order, but as yet none of them have a CCJ.

Thankfully I am still going to pay via the DMP I have set up.

Many thanks for putting my mind to rest.

Can you have any profit from the sale paid to either your overseas account or if you have one an account outside the banking group?

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Had some great help so far from everyone on the forum but need a little more advice to a really simple question

Lowells Portfolio have purchased my debt and Fredp***cksons are still the collecting agent. Who should I request the CCA from Lowells, Fredp***cksons or both

Many thanks for your valuable time

Edited by Queens_king
corrections

whoever is asking for money

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

Hi

I emigrated to SE Asia in May 2013

I looked up my Credit File with Noddle and found that they are using my old address even though the creditors are using my new address.

As it stands if one of the creditors wanted to issue a county court claim would they be able to issue against my old UK address and gain a default judgement??

Hi

I emigrated to SE Asia in May 2013

I looked up my Credit File with Noddle and found that they are using my old address even though the creditors are using my new address.

As it stands if one of the creditors wanted to issue a county court claim would they be able to issue against my old UK address and gain a default judgement??

They could .

Equally , you could then get any such CCJ set aside .

Note: Noddle uses 2nd hand data passed to it from its parent company call credit and is often not up to date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 7 months later...
Hi

Living in South East Asia. I require my Credit File.

Can I obtain this on line or do I need to send by very snail mail

Thanks in advance.

You will have to write to the Data Controller of the Credit Reference Agencies in the UK, Experian, Equifax and Call Credit are the main agencies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 5 months later...

Im quite new here and I hope I can get answers.I just checked my bank account ,I discovered two payments where taken and one was for a fee of £51 the other was for 3RD PARTY DEBT ORDER

Now Im surprised as I don't know of any debt I owe, this money came out as debit on 17/02/2015/ however someone made payments to 21/02/2015 and I was able to withdraw this money(£200).Im yet to contact my Bank as at work still.my question would be, where they not meant to be any sort of correspondence to me just to let me know what was going on?can they keep taking same ammount from my account? would they have to apply for this 3rd party debt order every now and then? can a 3rd party debt order be made for just £50 plus fees?how can I stop this?I will be very greatful for any help before I do something rely stupid financially.

• dx100uk changed the title to Moving Abroad with numerous debts, what can dca's really do ... Freeze Bank Accounts?