nish v Advantage finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I have posted in the right forum, sorry if iv'e posted in the wrong place.

Now, please can anyone give a bit of advice, it will be appreciated.

I have a car finance deal with Advantage Finance. When I bought the car, I was offered certain insurance policies.

One policy I was offered was what is called a Motorprotectplus policy, underwritten through the AA.

At the time I was discussing this policy, it was explained that the Policy would cover getting the car through its MOT, and was explained that it stops me having to pay hefty bills.

While discussing the policy, I asked a few questions, one of which was "so if I put the car through it's MOT and it fails on a few hundred quids worth of work, it will be paid no questions asked". The reply was "Yes that sums it up".

The car went in for it's MOT, it failed on about £200 worth of work.

I paid it in cash (good Friday and the Insurers were not open) and contacted them and faxed the bill to them on the Tuesday.

They said the parts were not covered so they will not pay.

I asked why and they rattled a load of stuff off, that unless it actually breaks as you go into the MOT station, they dont cover it.

Advantage so far have refused to look into this, so I have written and the time to reply runs out next wednesday.

Can anyone let me know if I have a case of the Mis sold Insurance.

Advantage maintain they keep a log of the calls, and on the calls they will hear the conversation to which I remember quite clearly.

The phonecall will prove The insurance is not what was explained.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I am having trouble with Advantage Finance and need some advice please.

I have a car finance agreement, all paid up to date, but had to cancel my DD as my pay in work has been either late or not paid, as a result of the trouble my works finances are in.

I told Advantage about this, and I am resigned to the charges they put on, but although my due date is middle of the month, they are phoning my mobile and my work regularly, and this is before the due date is anywhere near.

My argument with them, is that they should not even have to contact me at all until such time as the account falls into arrears.

I had 3 calls to work, 4 mobile calls, and a letter asking me to contact them importantly regarding my account.

I also think they are charging me for the phone calls made.

It is getting on my nerves now, and looks bad in work to as they constantly call, even though I have stressed before they should not contact me there.

Anyone know where I stand regarding complaining i.e. Best course of action.

Many Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi RCT,

Wow, I have just found your thread.

My story and continuing gripe with Advantage is similar in some ways, so we may be able tp help each other.

I have a car through Advantage. I had one previous and they were fantastic when it broke down. However my circumstances now rise from when I got another car.

Firstly the car was financed through a dealer, who said his "sister firm" were going to finance the car on their behalf. Great, no probs there (since found out the 2 businesses were not related) . But when I tried after 2 days to cancel as the car was a shed, I was told no, as it was signed on trade premises. I paid the car, only to find at an MOT all the work needed to be done, were only bodged to last a few months.

Cut a long story short, I stopped paying after also receiving Default Notices off Advantage. They said I was £498 in arrears over the space of 2 months, to which It was paid up to date, they offered no defence to the fact it was an up to date account, but also never said where the outstanding amount had come from.

Along with the existing problems with the car, I stopped paying in Sept 10. Funny enough I have now found out that due to the Doorstep Sellers Regulations that my agreement is unenforcable due to the fact it was NOT signed on the dealers premises, hence I should have been able to cancel within 5 days.

Advantage, will not give up, and would like to prepare you for a bumpy ride.

Firstly the Default Notice you received, can be issued after just one missed payment if they dont think you will bring the account up to date, Trading Standards confirmed it to me, however, as the car was repossessed before it was issued, I believe that makes your agreement unenforcable.

I can however make it easier for you.

Check your agreement where it mentions broker commissions and see if there is an amount entered.

ACF, are classed as a broker, and will be paid a commission by Advantage, and this has to be disclosed to you by law.

If the broker fee section is blank or has 0.00 in then it is unenforcable full stop. Approach a solicitor just on that matter, the rest will fall into place. And will save you grief of mountains of evidence to collect.

If there is no section for Brokers fee, that also deems the agreement unenforcable.

If there is one and the amount is disclosed, and you say you were issued the DN after the car was took, then Advantage are cornered.

The reason they are trying so hard, is they realise they have no defence to their own stupidity.

I am dealing with a guy called Darren Young. The poor guy does not know commercial law, as I have offered to settle my account in THEIR favour and they refused. Oh Dear.

OOOPS forgot to mention.

As it was took off your parents drive without a court order, you are entitled to all money paid to the account to be refunded.

It does not matter wether it is your house, your parents house or Father Teds. If you had permission to put it there, they cannot take it.

That also has made your agreement nul and void as far as your obligations are concerned.

Advantage with me are in schtuk. It is SORN on a private drive and has been for 5 months. To take it they need a court order, and they wont get one and they know it. I move on 1st March and the landlords said it can stay here and will charge Advantage storage. Happy Days

Hi Nish,

Thanks for the information, very interesting. I'm surprised that you say the Trading Standard confirmed that a default noticed can be issued after one missed payment, as the Consumer Credit Act clearly states that it has to be two. I have a receipt for the car from the repossession agent, and also his mobile number should I ever need him to clarify anything which is also dated the same day as the default notice. I've just checked the agreement and all other paperwork received at the time with the car and there is no mention at all of any Broker fees.

I've also received a number of notices with varying amounts, most recent [last week] was a request for over 7k, but they'll accept 3.8k if I pay by 3rd March. None of these figures make any sense when examining all of the documentation I've managed to collect they are obviously a complete bunch of cowboys and try to get by on frightening tactics. I wrote back to them the very same day refusing payment for the various reasons mentioned within this thread and suggested that they now go away, or issue court proceedings at which time I will counter claim for the return of every single penny I ever gave them. I can't see this ever getting to court as they appear cornered on the DN, but after the information you provided today regarding broker fees looks like they're double cornered.

Darren Young, I thought the company only consisted of Simon Douglas and Pamela Sizer as they seem to do every role within the company in my case - Pamela is now the legal department in the last letter, but was repossessions and customer relations in others

I don't think this will every find its way into a court, and I guess I'm destined for a long chain of threatening letters, but I'm not at all worried about a bumpy ride from these guys they can bring it on as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to fight them tooth and nail all the way to the end.

OOOPS forgot to mention.

As it was took off your parents drive without a court order, you are entitled to all money paid to the account to be refunded.

It does not matter wether it is your house, your parents house or Father Teds. If you had permission to put it there, they cannot take it.

That also has made your agreement nul and void as far as your obligations are concerned.

Advantage with me are in schtuk. It is SORN on a private drive and has been for 5 months. To take it they need a court order, and they wont get one and they know it. I move on 1st March and the landlords said it can stay here and will charge Advantage storage. Happy Days

I let the repossession company take the car from the drive, gave them the key and everything, so I don't think I can hold that against them - the fact it was taken before a default notice was served upon me didn't do them any favours though.

Hi, as far as holding it against them and you giving them the key, you can hold it against them.

If they turn up, and the car is on private property, they must leave and come back with a court order. The fact they approached you and informed you they were there to repossess makes them act illegally.

Personally, I would use that fact for legal reasons. Why? well as the car was collected illegally, you are entitled to all the money you have paid back. But if you challenge the agreement on the fact you were issued with the DN unreasonably or illegally, you at best will get the agreement written off, you wont get the compensation as their solicitors will pick up on what the main dispute is. I am saying this from experience only. I hope you get it sorted.

As for the staff you mentioned above.

Each account will have a "team" dedicated to it, and that will run through any possible procedure, hence why its always the same people dealing with you. I don't like this fact as they can all discuss an account and stick to a scenario between them.

One thing to get things sorted for you is to contact the Director called Keith Charlton. I may have his email addy I will check for you, but, in all honesty, he is a nice guy and quite understanding. I am going to email him myself soon when I dig the addy out, but if something can be done amicably, he will do.

I also know from experience, that Mr Charlton strives very hard to make Advantage the best and most responsible lender out there. He would be horrified if he knew half the things customers were told by his so called dedicated staff. I know he hates taking a hard line with customers, and I personally feel some of his staff are a bit above their station at times, acting like it's their own money you have borrowed. Maybe that is not a bad thing, but when customers are not getting a fair hearing, then someone needs to sort things.

Hi, as far as holding it against them and you giving them the key, you can hold it against them.

If they turn up, and the car is on private property, they must leave and come back with a court order. The fact they approached you and informed you they were there to repossess makes them act illegally.

Personally, I would use that fact for legal reasons. Why? well as the car was collected illegally, you are entitled to all the money you have paid back. But if you challenge the agreement on the fact you were issued with the DN unreasonably or illegally, you at best will get the agreement written off, you wont get the compensation as their solicitors will pick up on what the main dispute is. I am saying this from experience only. I hope you get it sorted.

As for the staff you mentioned above.

Each account will have a "team" dedicated to it, and that will run through any possible procedure, hence why its always the same people dealing with you. I don't like this fact as they can all discuss an account and stick to a scenario between them.

One thing to get things sorted for you is to contact the Director called Keith Charlton. I may have his email addy I will check for you, but, in all honesty, he is a nice guy and quite understanding. I am going to email him myself soon when I dig the addy out, but if something can be done amicably, he will do.

I also know from experience, that Mr Charlton strives very hard to make Advantage the best and most responsible lender out there. He would be horrified if he knew half the things customers were told by his so called dedicated staff. I know he hates taking a hard line with customers, and I personally feel some of his staff are a bit above their station at times, acting like it's their own money you have borrowed. Maybe that is not a bad thing, but when customers are not getting a fair hearing, then someone needs to sort things.

Nish,

Thanks for the further info - your very knowledgable when it comes to Advantage. I beleive you was referring to this email address [email protected] HTH

RCT, that's the one.

He is worth a try. Ask him to phone you (he is ok to speak to on the phone, he is very honest and does follow up his words) at a convenient time, and discuss the account from the start.

I myself I am going to email him. I have Advantage over a barrel atm. A nice car, knackered but nice when it finally gets repaired. An agreement fraudulently exocuted, a cooling off period was not given and have found out I was entitled to it. The thing is, the team I am dealing with will not have it, they think they are in the right.

Dont worry about them not giving in, like most Finance companies they are stubborn, but also think they are unbeatable and little people like us will eventually give up (thats their mindset anyway). Have you contacted the FOS yet?

They now deal with any finance issues on agreements signed after 2007.

I have and they have been pretty impressive so far. Heres what you need to do (if theres no joy with Keith Charlton).

Contact Advantage, tell them you want a decision on their Final Position on the matter (FOS require you to do this).

Wether they give you this information or not, then the FOS will take over. If you request the Final Position information and they dont give it on the reply, it is non compliance.

FOS will send them an immediate letter, and give them 8 weeks to rectify the problem, or give their reasons for not doing so.

The FOS number is 08000 234 567 freephone.

I have gone as far as requesting this information, and it was not supplied, they skirted round the issue, so dont be surprised if Advantage do that to you.

I already have my reference number off the FOS, and my official complaint starts today.

Hi RCT,

Wow, I have just found your thread.

My story and continuing gripe with Advantage is similar in some ways, so we may be able tp help each other.

I have a car through Advantage. I had one previous and they were fantastic when it broke down. However my circumstances now rise from when I got another car.

Firstly the car was financed through a dealer, who said his "sister firm" were going to finance the car on their behalf. Great, no probs there (since found out the 2 businesses were not related) . But when I tried after 2 days to cancel as the car was a shed, I was told no, as it was signed on trade premises. I paid the car, only to find at an MOT all the work needed to be done, were only bodged to last a few months.

Cut a long story short, I stopped paying after also receiving Default Notices off Advantage. They said I was £498 in arrears over the space of 2 months, to which It was paid up to date, they offered no defence to the fact it was an up to date account, but also never said where the outstanding amount had come from.

Along with the existing problems with the car, I stopped paying in Sept 10. Funny enough I have now found out that due to the Doorstep Sellers Regulations that my agreement is unenforcable due to the fact it was NOT signed on the dealers premises, hence I should have been able to cancel within 5 days.

Advantage, will not give up, and would like to prepare you for a bumpy ride.

Firstly the Default Notice you received, can be issued after just one missed payment if they dont think you will bring the account up to date, Trading Standards confirmed it to me, however, as the car was repossessed before it was issued, I believe that makes your agreement unenforcable.

I can however make it easier for you.

Check your agreement where it mentions broker commissions and see if there is an amount entered.

ACF, are classed as a broker, and will be paid a commission by Advantage, and this has to be disclosed to you by law.

If the broker fee section is blank or has 0.00 in then it is unenforcable full stop. Approach a solicitor just on that matter, the rest will fall into place. And will save you grief of mountains of evidence to collect.

If there is no section for Brokers fee, that also deems the agreement unenforcable.

If there is one and the amount is disclosed, and you say you were issued the DN after the car was took, then Advantage are cornered.

The reason they are trying so hard, is they realise they have no defence to their own stupidity.

I am dealing with a guy called Darren Young. The poor guy does not know commercial law, as I have offered to settle my account in THEIR favour and they refused. Oh Dear.

Hi Nish

Had another letter from our good friends today, and I'm intrigued by your mention of 'Doorstep Sellers Regulations' from what you've said it seems you signed your agreement of the premises of ACF - as did I, can you point me at some information of how the Doorstep Sellers Regulations would apply in this case?

• 8 months later...

Good Luck with it, hope you give them what they deserve.

Just wondered on something. When you receive written correspondence from Advantage do you find they are clever with their words?

I am getting constant written correspondence at the moment, but whenever they have questions to answer, they are very cagey with the answers I get.

I have a car going for inspection soon, and in a letter they wrote they told me if the car is fine, I will have to pay the inspection fee, and any arrears and fees I have.

So I asked in return what if the report is in my favour, what will happen then. Instead of answering the question they told me they cannot jump to conclusions. Lol, after I informed them they already had regarding charging me to the hilt in their previous written communication, I asked them again, what happens if the report is in my favour, will they fix the car, or will they write it off. Again the response was clouded to say the least.

I am starting a thread on my problem, I hope you look in, you may see something, even small that may help you, I dont know. Thanks again, and as I said Good Luck.

Sorry this is long, but there is a lot in this.

Bought a car in 2009, from a dealer in Bolton. I had arranged the finance already with Advantage as an existing customer. The dealer said he did not usually do finance deals as the cars were trade in, but his sister company did, and took me just round the corner to a large car hypermarket.

Both guys guys knew each other well, and the hypermarket owner said no problem, he deals with Advantage all the time and the original dealer was supposedly his clearance premises, so I had no reason see a problem.

When I first saw the car, it was boxed in a tiny room, so could not take it out, however, I took it out the second time i looked at it, but could not go far as the battery was shot, but he would put a new one in on pick up (it ended up being a second hand one cleaned up).

When I went to get the car, I seen what was thought to be a new battery on the car, but as I did not drive it far asked if I could take it out again, but was told the car was still getting serviced, however if I signed the papers, and took the car later, they would give me a one month warranty, one month as it was a trade in, I did question this but was told that is all I would get. Seeing as the car was only 4 yrs old, I thought it would be okay anyway.

Within 10 mins of taking the car, I nearly crashed it cos of the steering, brakes, stalled while driving, all over the shop it was, so I went back, to find the dealer had locked up sharpish and gone home. The hypermarket at first said it was not up to him to do anything, as it was up to his clearance branch.

Chopping the story is this. The car was a state, and each time I went back to the dealer, he would not talk, answer the phone nothing. The second garage, I found out was NOT connected to the original dealer, it was a [problem] they both ran. The car never ever got fixed, and Advantage said I cannot cancel as it was signed on the dealers premises ( it was not the original dealer thus taking my rights to cancel away).

Advantage have told me, the dealer was the one they dealt with, and I got a 3 month warranty with the car. But I got no warranty, as the premises where I signed was not the original dealer, so obvious would not put any faults right out of his own pocket.

Advantage said they have the paperwork from the third party dealer so proves he was the original seller, I say they are bound to have the paperwork, or they would not have paid out.

Trading Standards in Bolton were informed, and to be fair, they have been brilliant, they went first to the dealer I got the car from, and they had vanished. Next they went to the 3rd Party dealer, they too had vanished, furthermore, they have had numerous complaints about the same two dealers, to which I have applied for information under the Freedom of Information Act.

When I took the car for MOT, it was found the car was in a bad smash in the past, it was not put together properly, just enough done to resell it. The car had new front wing, new hatchback and bumper, and new rear wings and new front bumper. The undercarriage has not been straightened or strengthened properly, so the panels do not quite line up as they should, and the car, originall being Trophy Green, is now black, hiding all the other coloured parts put on, i.e. the front bumper was yellow originally, and the fron wing blue.

Every repair I have done on the steering, has not worked, as the steering rack does not sit flush as it should, and I cannot do no more. As the bodywork is not as it should be, rain water gets in the boot, from behind the lights, and a bit of crumpled bodywork where the rivets have snapped. When you stop the car and brake, the whole undercarriage of the car makes a groaning and stretching type of sound.

All the damage above I knew nothing about till I got a report done myself.

Advantage have not been interested since day one. I got proof of the original dealer through Autotrader, but Advantage said I was lying. I gave Advantage contact details of the 3 mechanics who looked at the car, they are not interested, and told Advantage of the investigation by Trading Standards, they were not interested. In all, Advantage dont care.

2 years on, I have the car driving, as I need it, but it is still not right. Advantage now have said they will get Cavin and Baker to do a report on it, although I do not now see the point, as it has been already pointed out, no report, apart from the bodywork, can tell after 2 years what repairs needed doing, it is just something for Advantage to strengthen their position with.

BUT..... Last year I offered for them to inspect the car, and they refused point blank.

All my correspondence I have in writing, so I have proof of everything.

I am sorry if there is stuff missing above, there will be, so any questions please ask, and they may help me write a bit better.

Sorry if it seems a bit jumbled up peeps, I am not much good at writing everything in order. Advantage, every letter they write are very careful not to put their foot in anything so apart from the same excuses, and covering their own tracks they do nothing.

Ask anything to help and I will tell what I can. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just wondered on something. When you receive written correspondence from Advantage do you find they are clever with their words?

I am getting constant written correspondence at the moment, but whenever they have questions to answer, they are very cagey with the answers I get.

I have a car going for inspection soon, and in a letter they wrote they told me if the car is fine, I will have to pay the inspection fee, and any arrears and fees I have.

So I asked in return what if the report is in my favour, what will happen then. Instead of answering the question they told me they cannot jump to conclusions. Lol, after I informed them they already had regarding charging me to the hilt in their previous written communication, I asked them again, what happens if the report is in my favour, will they fix the car, or will they write it off. Again the response was clouded to say the least.

I am starting a thread on my problem, I hope you look in, you may see something, even small that may help you, I dont know. Thanks again, and as I said Good Luck.

Hi Nish

Hi Nish any update on your inspection, if as your post suggests you allowed Advantage to carry out the inspection my money is on they found it to be completely problem free (they always are). Can't wait to get to court next week.

i hope you are going to reclaim those fees?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Nish any update on your inspection, if as your post suggests you allowed Advantage to carry out the inspection my money is on they found it to be completely problem free (they always are). Can't wait to get to court next week.

Hi RCT40, Sorry only just logged in after christmas and an exchange of views with Advantage so seeing as you ask, I got some info for you lol.

Here goes.

The Inspection was done on the car, and good news for me was there are multiple problems, not least the undercarriage of the car. The car when in a smash had the undercarriage bent out of shape, though whoever owned it had done what they could to fix the car up looking good to the naked eye.

The Inspector took loads of pics of the car, showing the creased undercarriage, the ill fitting panels of bodywork, and even little cut cable ties he called "sinister".

Advantage have tried to pretend they have not had the report back, but I know different, as I phoned the Inspector who quite freely gave me as much info as I wanted. He said I was a stand up guy when he met me, and he felt sorry for my position.

Advantage asked him if he would swear in a court of law that the repairs I said needed doing were there at the point of sale, and he said no, so Advantage thought at that point they had me by the short and curlies. But....... the Inspector did say he would swear in a court of law the undercarriage damage was there when I bought the car, so were other anomolies he found only a trained eye would see.

So, seems law may be on my side. The main repairs my car needs, is to do with the wheels, steering, exhaust and tracking. All of these repairs I did myself but, because of the way the steering rack is sitting when on the undercarriage, thay have made no difference.

See, the body needs rejigging, costing quite a bit, and Advantage are obligated to do it. Then the new parts need putting on again what I have already had done, then the tracking redoing, along with new wheels, as 2 wheels are buckled, maybe on purpose I dont know.

Advantage are just trying constantly to say they have not received the report. Even when I gave them the dates they received it and off who, they still deny it.

No joke, but 6 weeks ago, I had a new tyre put on the passenger front side, today its a bald as Right said Fred and needs another. This has been going on since I replaced the steering rack in August. When the old rack was taken off, it was bent from impact, and bolted on with the wrong bolts, and into rethreaded holes. The new rack went on with the proper requirements, and now the wheels are under so much strain the tyres wear immediately, the tracking is non existant, and the new brake calipers I had put on along with pads and discs, are knackered one side.

By the way, I guess from the title you won them, Congratulations a big well done to you.

Edited by nish40

i hope you are going to reclaim those fees?

dx

Hi dx,

Im will do dont worry, thanks. Also, if I go to court, Im also hoping for al my payments back plus the costs what Ive wasted doing the repairs Advantage should have done.

Oh forgot to mention, the only reason the Inspector said he will not stand in court and say the car needed repairs at point of sale, is that he cannot as I have had the car for 2 years.

However, Advantage had the opportunity in 2010 when I had only had the car 4 months to Inspect it and they did not, funny seeing as it is them who booked the Inspection in November.

I had a mechanic say exact the same thing as the Inspector back in Feb 2011, but Advantage dismissed it and refused to contact him.

Oh forgot to mention, the only reason the Inspector said he will not stand in court and say the car needed repairs at point of sale, is that he cannot as I have had the car for 2 years.

However, Advantage had the opportunity in 2010 when I had only had the car 4 months to Inspect it and they did not, funny seeing as it is them who booked the Inspection in November.

I had a mechanic say exact the same thing as the Inspector back in Feb 2011, but Advantage dismissed it and refused to contact him.

Nish,

Best of luck with it mate, the only thing that appears to be against you in the length of time. As I understand it under sale of goods act in the first six months the onus is upon the creditor to prove that the issues did not exist when the vehicle was purchased as it would be presumed that they were. After six months and up to one year the onus is upon you to prove the issue did exist at the time of purchase, two years in you probably have your work cut out under sale of goods.

Best of luck with your legal wrangling, you have a fair chance against these guys as their attention to detail is appalling meaning that they normally leave themselves down - all you need to do is spot their screw ups and capitalise upon them.

Keep me update on progress

RCT40

Cheers RCT. I did get the mashed bodywork spotted within the first 6 months, and pointed out to Advanyage that the work that needed doing when I got the car had also not been done properly, but Advantage decided to not listen at the time. At that point I also had their MOT insurance which was useless, and was also complaining about that as it was missold. The problem with the MOT Insurance took front seat for a while because I had to wrangle with them to get rid of it, then I got a mechanic to look at the car in full for the problems. His take is he could see the problems were there, and any trained eye can see the car is made up of ill fitting panels, then resprayed to hide the fact. Advantage refused to contact the mechanic, and continued to protest their innocence. While this was going on, I got info on the 2 dealers involved in the sale from Bolton TS, through the Freedom of Information Act, I got a statement off the previous owner, who only had the cat 10 months, and reported the same problems, and stopped paying. I made a deal, which I suggested to Advantage, that If they went half on the repairs needed, I will get it done, and they agreed to put £500 in. To settle it, I accepted, and got steering rack, brakes, discs, brake calipers, and steering column replaced, over £1400 worth of work, and it made the car worse.

The reason the car was worse, is because the old steering rack was fitted in rethreaded holes, with the wrong bolts, on a mangled undercarriage. It will not sit straight.

Because of the crash damage, the bodywork will need rejigging, the Inspector pointed this out to me, that is how I know. It is not however in his report, as he can not tell that by the naked eye, he stated that is why the car probably does not steer in a straight line, you have to fight it.

m now looking into a report of my own, with an Independant Inspection.

Cheers RCT. I did get the mashed bodywork spotted within the first 6 months, and pointed out to Advanyage that the work that needed doing when I got the car had also not been done properly, but Advantage decided to not listen at the time. At that point I also had their MOT insurance which was useless, and was also complaining about that as it was missold. The problem with the MOT Insurance took front seat for a while because I had to wrangle with them to get rid of it, then I got a mechanic to look at the car in full for the problems. His take is he could see the problems were there, and any trained eye can see the car is made up of ill fitting panels, then resprayed to hide the fact. Advantage refused to contact the mechanic, and continued to protest their innocence. While this was going on, I got info on the 2 dealers involved in the sale from Bolton TS, through the Freedom of Information Act, I got a statement off the previous owner, who only had the cat 10 months, and reported the same problems, and stopped paying. I made a deal, which I suggested to Advantage, that If they went half on the repairs needed, I will get it done, and they agreed to put £500 in. To settle it, I accepted, and got steering rack, brakes, discs, brake calipers, and steering column replaced, over £1400 worth of work, and it made the car worse.

The reason the car was worse, is because the old steering rack was fitted in rethreaded holes, with the wrong bolts, on a mangled undercarriage. It will not sit straight.

Because of the crash damage, the bodywork will need rejigging, the Inspector pointed this out to me, that is how I know. It is not however in his report, as he can not tell that by the naked eye, he stated that is why the car probably does not steer in a straight line, you have to fight it.

m now looking into a report of my own, with an Independant Inspection.

Your not paying them anything though are you?

Your not paying them anything though are you?

I stopped last year first, and after 7 months needed the car on the road, and after trying to do repairs myself, they had no effect due to the damaged undercarriage, so I have stopped payments again.

Advantage have just offered to wipe the arrears and charges, if I start full payment again from Feb 2012, I said no. End of it all, in court, maybe the Inspector cannot say the normal repairs were evident at point of sale (even though I reported them to DisAdvantage), but he will say the undercarriage damage is aged and was.

The repirs cannot be effective until that is fixed.

Advantage can run and jump if they think Im caving in this time. Even when stating the obvious to them, they try and ignore the problems and mince their words.

I stopped last year first, and after 7 months needed the car on the road, and after trying to do repairs myself, they had no effect due to the damaged undercarriage, so I have stopped payments again.

Advantage have just offered to wipe the arrears and charges, if I start full payment again from Feb 2012, I said no. End of it all, in court, maybe the Inspector cannot say the normal repairs were evident at point of sale (even though I reported them to DisAdvantage), but he will say the undercarriage damage is aged and was.

The repirs cannot be effective until that is fixed.

Advantage can run and jump if they think Im caving in this time. Even when stating the obvious to them, they try and ignore the problems and mince their words.

Forgot to say, the Inspector who looked at the car, is willing to also look at the car again for a report of my own. I will pay him, but Advantage will have to pay to get him as a witness in court, so when he is there in front of the judge, I also have my own report off him, cool eh, less cost for me.

I am speaking to him tomorrow again. He has already said he can do it.

I thought I would need an independant inspector from him, but he said there will be no conflict of interest.

In Dis Advantages arrogance, they have ignored even some info he told them on the phone.