bad service from lettings agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid for a letting agent to find a tenant and after I heard nothing for a couple of weeks I reduced the rent in order to gain interest, unbeknown to me there was a tenant who was having problems with the agency obtaining a viewings, this tenant did eventually move in 10 weeks later and I lost income rental. the company being a family run busines, thinking this would be better, were on holidays preventing any viewings but didnt inform me to arrnage them myself, all the tenants got was rudeness and made a complaint that was left unresolved and I made a formal complaint and no reduction in fee, the company are not regulated for lettings only estate agency which is why they deny any responsibility for failures to provide a good service. I feel very let down by the attitude of them but need to make others aware that they really should only use companies that are regulated.

I paid for a letting agent to find a tenant and after I heard nothing for a couple of weeks I reduced the rent in order to gain interest, unbeknown to me there was a tenant who was having problems with the agency obtaining a viewings, this tenant did eventually move in 10 weeks later and I lost income rental. the company being a family run busines, thinking this would be better, were on holidays preventing any viewings but didnt inform me to arrnage them myself, all the tenants got was rudeness and made a complaint that was left unresolved and I made a formal complaint and no reduction in fee, the company are not regulated for lettings only estate agency which is why they deny any responsibility for failures to provide a good service. I feel very let down by the attitude of them but need to make others aware that they really should only use companies that are regulated. the company is based in Wakefield and called cooper and cutts./QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you have received a poor service.

I am not sure there is a lot you can do other than as you state ensure next time you use an agent which is heavily regulated (it's not mandatory) by a governing body such as ARLA or RICS.