Jas38 v Santander

jas38uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi not sure how to start a new thread regarding the issue above i have been recieving phone calls and more recently a letter stating final demand (this is the only letter i have recieved from them) for a store card that was taken out with santander the letter is quite threatening with court orders and collectors being sent to my house i have tried calling them but constantly on hold for which im being charged for not sure what the next step i should take regarding this i.e. offer of payment im not able to afford much at the moment and im sure i will be fobbed off by them with regard to minimum payments if anyone could help that would be great thx.

Hello jas,

I think we need a little more information. Who exactly is writing the threatening letters? Santander or Lewis.

Have you received any of the following :

Default Notice

Formal Demand

Letter before Action ?

You should actually stay off the phone and start communicating in writing.

When was the last time you made payment to the account ?

Are there any default or late payment charges or Payment protection insurance on the account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

lewis sent the letter, i was dealing with santander as i receieved a default notice and gave them my income and expenditure details with offer of reduced payment due to current financial situation didnt hear back from santander there is no PPI on the account i then got the letter from lewis this week i have heard that i could ask lewis for a copy of the original contract is this correct. thx

When was the account opened ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you have other debts, you might want to have a read of the following and then perhaps contact one of the agencies listed.

The following has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practice to ignore a cashflow budget!

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

xx

BCOBS

I see no reason why you shouldnt request a copy of the agreement or that you cant request contact to be kept to writing.. so yes, send the letter - by tracked method, at the very least Recorded Delivery and keep the receipt.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

hi again sent letter requesting both no further contact by phone and copy of original contract sent this at start of Feb. had a reply saying contact will be by post only and also they will forward copy of original contract this has yet to arrive should i sit and wait or can you give me any advice on what i should do now.

thx

If they have said they will send a copy of the agreement, then there is little IMHO that you can or need do until either they send a copy as promised or start hassling you again.

BCOBS

so i should just wait to hear from them again and not contact them

Sorry Jas, what part of my response in post # 12 is not understandable ! Until they contact you.. keep your hands away from the key board !!

BCOBS