Planning permission

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a flat above shops and the back of my flat over looks the park, we have great sunlight and a great view of the park. We received a notice of planning permission by 'Better Properties' to build a two x two storey dwelling/houses at the rear and will block out our view from the kitchen and second bedroom, we will have restricted sun light and a restricted view and will instead have to look at flats blocking us. Is this fair and what objections can I use, I have lived here for eleven years and one of the attributes is the view from the kitchen and bedroom and the direct sunlight we get as well

Explian these facts to the Planning dept as you have here, in a letter.

Best first to have a look at the plans and get copies and mark on them how they will affect you.

You can go to the planning office or I think now most are accessable on line.

Hello

We once had a problem with a planning application and whilst you have a right to light unfortunately you do not have a right to a view.

Another problem you may have is that as far as I remember, you only acquire a right to light after you have enjoyed a minimum of 20 years. I guess it depends on how close the building will be and how adversely the planners deem the loss of light to be.

Whilst our loss of light and view was extremely minimal, it still irked.

Good luck