Tax credits

parkesblondie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new to this so bare with me ,had a tax credit review letter yesterday telling me my husband is now living with me,he moved back in nov 1st 2011 i unfortunatly didnt tell them,my mistake just caught up in getting my family back together,they say i have claimed since 2008 as single person,i claimed in 2008 /9 because my husband was out of work he is self employed builder and ressession knocked us,i claimed for me and children because my husband was bringing no income into the house,and was not entitled to jsa, i rang the work and tax credits to see if this was ok and they said no so sent another form out which i filled in and sent back ,i rang today re,letter but noone available to speak to me .am i in serious trouble:|

Hi hard to understand you post fully, they are saying you have been a couple since last year or 2008/9? But it's rare anyone is in serious trouble with tax credits to be honest. Are you saying you weren't single from 2008/9 but claimed you were?

i claimed single because he had no work,and not knowing much about them at the time assumed you just fill it in for the person who was workin ,we then had seperate lives and decided november after so much time to try again ,the letter has only asked about this award thou,never understood them because of workin out year ahead very confused,

Hello there.

It seems your question is one not many people know the answers to, bt like jadeybags, I'm having trouble understanding. Would you be able to set out the years you claimed benefit for and which ones you were a couple for please?

My only other suggestion would be to try tax credits again as they have the papers, or see if CAB can help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum