Jump to content

Overpayment of tax credit? can i appeal


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I need some advice please. I was finishing uni. (mature student nurse) year 2010/2011 and worked, so my salary was only 11,000.00 so when I started work full-time april 2011 I called the tax credit team and informed them that I would be earning approx. 22,000 for the year and did not wish to get into debt with them and would they change my payments. they renewed my details and noted that I would be earing 22,000. I continued to recieve my money but in January realised that my salary was hitting 20,000 and i still had 3 months left to work (this was due to shift enhancements which I do not know how much). I called them immediately and they said that My money will stop tax and child credits and that I owed then 1,500 pounds icon_sad.gif I have been in a turmoil ever since and do not know how i can pay this back as a single parent recieving no maintenance or help with anything.

They also said that the limit for any tax/child credit it 26,000 pound and I think will be earning 26,100 pounds next year. Gross pay


can anyone please advice I dont know what to do.



Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.


Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...