style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

My name is Sharon, im 24 and Ive got myself into a right old mess.

I made the mistake of falling for some bankers fodder when I was 18 and before I knew it I had several loans and overdrafts and credit cards. I kept up the monthly repayments until due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to move house in a hurry and missed several payments and ended up in quite a bit of debt.

I applied for a yes loan and like many people was put through to money worries ltd for a debt management plan, I had never heard of such a thing and it sounded wonderful and it was going to fix everything, so i signed up. Yes I now know there many agencies out there that offer a DMP for free, but at the time I had never heard of it so jumped at the chance. I have paid their fees and they have paid regularly to my creditors for over 2 years now, it was going fine.... until I made my next HUGE mistake...

I havnt paid my council tax for this address and the last month of my previous address, a new debt of about £1500 in total, this is including the bailiff fees of the two different bailiffs I have knocking at my door. One is Jacobs bailiffs and the other is Marstons, who from what I gather are high court enforcement, which means they can enter my property without my consent?

I really dont know what to do, I contacted money worries to arrange to have the new debt added to the plan, but I know that can take a few weeks, but in the mean time im absolutely terrified. I dont have that much money, it would take me years to save that much money, I don't have possessions worth even a quarter of the amount they're after.I really don't know what to do now, Im scared to go out incase they break in while im gone, I cant answer my phone or the door. I have no family to ask for help, Im just so confused.

I need to get some thing straight.. One bailiff firm is chasing for one CT debt and the other bailiff firm is chasing another CT debt. I am presuming that the different CT debts are from different councils.

Do you know what is outstanding on each debt.

Have either bailiff levied

Have you had a break down on both Debts from each bailiff.

Are you on any benefits at all.

By the way, welcome to CAG, we will help and advise as best we can, however its best to give as much detail as possible without giving personal details away.

Hi everyone

My name is Sharon, im 24 and Ive got myself into a right old mess.

I made the mistake of falling for some bankers fodder when I was 18 and before I knew it I had several loans and overdrafts and credit cards. I kept up the monthly repayments until due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to move house in a hurry and missed several payments and ended up in quite a bit of debt.

I applied for a yes loan and like many people was put through to money worries ltd for a debt management plan, I had never heard of such a thing and it sounded wonderful and it was going to fix everything, so i signed up. Yes I now know there many agencies out there that offer a DMP for free, but at the time I had never heard of it so jumped at the chance. I have paid their fees and they have paid regularly to my creditors for over 2 years now, it was going fine.... until I made my next HUGE mistake...

I havnt paid my council tax for this address and the last month of my previous address, a new debt of about £1500 in total, this is including the bailiff fees of the two different bailiffs I have knocking at my door. One is Jacobs bailiffs and the other is Marstons, who from what I gather are high court enforcement, which means they can enter my property without my consent?

I really dont know what to do, I contacted money worries to arrange to have the new debt added to the plan, but I know that can take a few weeks, but in the mean time im absolutely terrified. I dont have that much money, it would take me years to save that much money, I don't have possessions worth even a quarter of the amount they're after.I really don't know what to do now, Im scared to go out incase they break in while im gone, I cant answer my phone or the door. I have no family to ask for help, Im just so confused.

STOP RIGHT THERE............ DO NOT GO TO DMP.

Council Tax is a Priority Debt and all the others are not..... so the reality is, you reduce the payments to all the other debts right down to £1pw and concentrate on this CT debt. If the other creditors don't accept reduced payments that is just tough luck on them, let them go to Court and you then show the Court a) you are not ignoring the debts to them b) you have offered repayment at a rate that is affordable and sustainable to you.

Now to deal with your most urgent problem of these outstanding Council Tax bills, firstly STOP worrying it will do nothing to solve the problem.

Next, so caggers can help you...... you must contact both Councils and with pen at the ready get answers to the following:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

You will then need to write (send email followed by hard copy signed/recorded) to both Marstons (who are not acting as HCEO for this CT) and Jacobs for a breakdown of their charges. Do this by adapting the template below:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Once you have the info from the Councils come straight back here and while we wait for the breakdown caggers will steer you on the right path.