unfair ccj order

rooferboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys. the laws an arse and do not ever get caught like me so here is my story.

My neme is mark and my company is a small lilited roofing company, we are very proud to be members of southwark council trading standard builders register for many years and get top marks every year and work for age concern.

Now 2years ago i undertook a new roof for an elderly women that we had previously worked for before with no problems, this time we finished the roof and then a neighbour who was absolutley a no it all said i am her manager and your work is no good, its all wrong, now i have only been doing this for 36 years, so one thing lead to another and i took them to small claims court for non payment of work.

The mistake i made to let someone who was a bully tell me what to do, so as i said when i had my allocation letter to send back to court for my hearing date i rang a solicitor and told them i was claiming £3,500 final balance of the work and they said there fees are £1,500, so i thought i would only get £2,000 from that so i thought is it worth it and let it go,

then to my suprise i had to go to court two weeks ago 12/01/2012 because they counter sued me and the judge orderderd me to pay them £3,660 in 28 days, i put the original writ in my own name and not in the company, i took an initial deposit of £2,000 cheque made out to my name and not the company.

what can i do

Edited by citizenB
spacing for easier reading

There is very little you can do. If this was a small claim, which from the figures I anticipate it was, the right of appeal is very limited. You would have to prove that the judge was effectively biased, or made an order that was not just bad, but ridiculously bad and one no other judge would possibly have made. You might have to chalk this one off to experience.

This is not making sense to me, unless I am reading it wrong!

The OP says he is owed £3,500 for the work, which the customer has refused to pay.

The Customer has then sued the OP to refund the £3,500 even though they have not actually paid it. So the customer now has a free roof, and has been refunded money they never actually paid! :?:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But if you have won you claim, then they have counter claimed, they owe you and you owe them.

Sounds like on paper you have ended up out of pocket because of your legal expenses.

Main thing to learn is its pretty pointless paying for representation in the county court as its made as simple as it can be and is not that strict on the procedures.

If what you say is true i'd be asking you solictor what they are playing at.