gemmabe vs Halifax mark 2!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Haven't been on for a while since the settlement of my first account 2,600 quid!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I wrote to Halifax requesting statements. I also sent a preliminary letter for an approximate figure as they were taking so long about it. I asked them to debit my account with the 10 pounds DPA fee. I received not 1 but 2 letters telling me they could not debit my account as it was overdrawn by 29 pounds (due to one of their charges lol). I phoned up to pay the fee by card, but was told if I paid that I HAD to also pay the 29 pound overdraft off as well.

I took it to be more stalling tactics, so was biding my time until I had the cash to pay in full. Anyway I was just looking through my unopened mail when I found a fat envelope stamped Birmingham on it. I presumed this was from one of my many creditors beforehand, but tonight I opened it.

I nearly swallowed my tongue when I read the contents. The letter was from Halifax, addressed Customer Relations, Leeds, and enclosed not only a list of my charges, but all copy statements (free of charge). The letter, amusingly, was also dated a day before the letters refusing me copy statements!

Anyway, the most interesting part was the offer was FULL SETTLEMENT! THE FULL AMOUNT! 218 pounds, charges totalling 246 (one 28 pound charge previously refunded)! I am in shock, and have just faxed back accepting their offer!

THANKS ONCE AGAIN GUYS!

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges