Non Fault Accident but I genuinely forgot my MOT ran out !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light or help in my situation

I had an accident over the weekend, god forbid no one was hurt.

I was driving straight along a main road a a driver came from a side road on the left and hit me.

By looking at it the car axle is damaged or wishbone damaged etc.

The driver admits that its their fault because they came from the side road and hit me while i was travelling straight.

Now i contacted my insurance company and everything was ok and they said they will recover and everything where possible.

I came home today and to get all paper work together just in case they ask for it only to find out my MOT had expired last October '11.

I brought my car last year April '11 and never thought i needed to renew it until I hit April '12 and totally and genuinely forget.

My insurance company has not asked for it yet as they still need to asses the damage and most likely it will be a write off.

What shall i do when they ask for it or if they ever would ask for it.

I am totally worried and never thought i would forget such thing and really honest mistake.

Would insurance company void the claim although the accident is not my fault?

Please tell me from your past experiences etc. i'm really worried I wont get a penny or else

I have googled it and many have different answers. I know its against the law but my car was 100% road worthy as it was brought from cargiant in April '11 with a 101 point inspection. It has been serviced and never had any faults.

Thanks much appreciated

Doubt they will ask you for the mot as they can check online if they want to. I dont think you need to worry to be honest. friend of mine had an accident just before xmas and his mot was a couple of weeks past and they never said anything about it and he's just received the cheque from them for the car as it was a write of.

If the vehicle is repairable then you should have no problem.

However if its a write off, the insurers will usually ask for the MOT and the V5 documents.

No MOT could effect the valuation of the vehicle.

An MOT is only an indication of the vehicles roadworthness at the time of the test, not at the time of use.