Cambridge Sciences / AndroidTablets UK problem on Amazon

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too bought a Cambridge Science tablet from Quality Stores. in side two weeks the power supplied exploded, which they replaced. then after 5 months the sound card gave up an ceased to work. Amazon washed theirs hands off it and surprise surprise Quaity Stores are ignoring my e-mail. and now I find out they are still on Amazon and have change the shop front name to Android Tablets UK. Avoid this company, supplier like the plague.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

just a note, if it might be a software issue and if you feel like you have no hope of ever getting a warrenty repair

then it might be worth taking the model number and searching for firmware, i had a cheapish (£75) tablet, it stopped booting seller refused to communicate, eventually installed something called honeycomb mod, it solved the booting issue, the touchpad issue and made it alot more responsive

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Interesting to see that somebody called Android Tablets has posted this today

carrot._V192561957_.gifAndroid Tablets says:

Dear LM Your review relates to a different product and a different seller.

. The G7 WAFER was not available at Christmas and neither was Android 4.0.3.

. We are Android Tablets UK not Quality Stores and we started selling this product on Amazon this year

. We provide a 12 month warranty and not a 6 month warranty

. This item is held in stock by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon

. If you wish to leave feedback for your seller, you really should be using the seller rating system instead of writing a review for a product you haven't purchased from us

The funny thing is here is the evidence

Android 4.0.3 (LATEST VERSION OF ICE CREAM SANDWICH) G7 WAFER. 7inch Tablet PC. CAPACITIVE Touchscreen. SKYPE VIDEO CALLS, Flash 11.1, UK GOOGLEPLAY STORE, Camera, HD Movies + FREE CAR CHARGER!

by CAMBRIDGE SCIENCES

4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (186 customer reviews) Like (68)

Price: £129.99

Sale: £79.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

You Save: £50.00 (38%)

In stock.

Sold by AndroidTablets UK and Fulfilled by Amazon.

They can't deny it now.....they have shot themselves in the foot....

• 1 month later...

Argh same problems, have you got any further with this?

My wife didn't want to tell me her tablet was having problems having returned it once already Jan2012, it wasn't until i'd asked why she wasn't using it she told me. Amazon seem useless. have you got anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased this item from CAMBRIDGE SCIENCES LIMITED via Amazon. after few days I noticed that the device started to freeze for few seconds, then it froze completely and eventually had to re-boot it. I contacted the seller and told them about the problem, they offered to fix it or replace it. I wanted to get refund as I didn't want to take a chance in case it happens again further down the line. I booked a courier company as I wanted the item delivered next day and safely. When I queried when I would receive the refund they told me in 72 hours and that's it. It turns out that the decided to pocket £20 and refund the rest. Amazon has nothing to help, never told the reason why the seller wanted to keep the £20, it wasn't until I contacted the seller they told me that the box was damaged and therefore they decided to deduct £20. Not once did they contact me since receiving the item that the box damaged.

Also they send 7 point conditions in which the item should be returned, having already complained that the item was defective/faulty, surely it doesn't make any difference if the the device has got finger prints all over it, surely they were going to investigate upon receipt of this item before re-selling it on. I suspect the general idea was to place it back shelf as if nothing ever happened and sell it on to another customer.

I am waiting photographic evidence which they claim they have, before taking them to small claims court to recover my money. I would avoid this company at all costs. I have purchased many items online over years and never had the retailer/seller trying to pull a fast one like this company is trying. Needless to say I won't be purchasing anything from Amazon again.

• 4 weeks later...

That was a narrow escape - I was just about to order one and then did a quick Google search and happened across this thread.

It's now back to - Dispatched from and sold by Android Tablets UK - so Amazon able to dodge their responsibilities.

I recall a company called Cambridge Electronics or something similar from the 1980s, it looks like Cambridge Sciences are trying to cash in on a previously reputable brand that people may recognise.

Frustrating that so many online businesses don't understand their responsibilities under the distance selling regulations, with respect to refunding return postage for faulty goods - even some of the larger "reputable" businesses.

Anyway, thanks for flagging this up. I guess I'm not going to get a decent quality 7" tablet running Android for less than £150 - if it seems to good to be true ......

• 4 weeks later...

My Tablet bought from quality stores developed a fault and I was advised to send back to tech repairs

Tech Support Repairs *

8B Thames Street

Sunbury TW16 5QP

* Note the address is the registered address for Cambridge Sciences Tablets.

After all the negative comments regards quality stores I decided to send this insured and via special delivery. This was back in November and I cannot get a response from quality stores via the usual email.

I can see via the track and trace that Tech Support Repairs has put a Royal Mail Redirect in place, but due to confidentiality I cannot see where it went although I know its been signed for.

It looks as though I will be down £7.50 in postal costs and I have also lost my Tablet. I contacted Android Tablets which is the latest name for Cambridge Sciences and Quality Stores and they are refusing to acknowledge the issue as they are insisting that they have only be around for 6 months.

It seems as though they put a new company in place every Xmas to trick people and then rename the company when all the tablets all inevitably breakdown.

Not sure what I can do next, but I would urge other persons to avoid Quality stores , Cambridge sciences and Android Tablets.

Update ** They also trade as Android Tablets Direct so be careful

Edited by LEISURE GHERKIN

My Tablet bought from quality stores developed a fault and I was advised to send back to tech repairs

Tech Support Repairs *

8B Thames Street

Sunbury TW16 5QP

* Note the address is the registered address for Cambridge Sciences Tablets.

After all the negative comments regards quality stores I decided to send this insured and via special delivery. This was back in November and I cannot get a response from quality stores via the usual email.

I can see via the track and trace that Tech Support Repairs has put a Royal Mail Redirect in place, but due to confidentiality I cannot see where it went although I know its been signed for.

It looks as though I will be down £7.50 in postal costs and I have also lost my Tablet. I contacted Android Tablets which is the latest name for Cambridge Sciences and Quality Stores and they are refusing to acknowledge the issue as they are insisting that they have only be around for 6 months.

It seems as though they put a new company in place every Xmas to trick people and then rename the company when all the tablets all inevitably breakdown.

Not sure what I can do next, but I would urge other persons to avoid Quality stores , Cambridge sciences and Android Tablets.

Update ** They also trade as Android Tablets Direct so be careful

Documents are assumed delivered if done by recorded mail the day after posting. I cannot see that a package would be any different. Write to the shop by recorded delivery, or better still as they pass the buck, take it in the shop and deliver by hand. Have someone with you if you can filming the delivery.

In the letter, say that you posted by xx on xx date and you can see from the Royal Mail website that the package was delivered to you at xx on xx. The redirection of your mail is your problem and I require the return of tablet ser No xxx by 10 days or will take further action for recovery.

You can also send it by mail and by email as well so no denying receipt.

See what they say in return

If they do not respond within a few days after the 10 days, then send the letter again but this time have across the top in bold lettering 'Letter Before Action'.

Don't threaten court if you won't go through with it though. The cost is low and of course you will add that to your claim.

You can do it on line so it is relatively painless - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

If you are going to give this a go Leisure Gherkin give us the heads up and I will put this into a thread of it's own.

Has anyone had any luck with this "Quality Stores"?

I too returned my tablet to them in November 2012 for repairs or replacement. I was told that repairs could take upto 14 days. It has now been considerably more. Amazon won't do anything about it and I've sent a number of emails to Quality Stores to which I've had no reply. The only email they replied to was the original asking if I could return it under the warranty.

Pete

Hello all, new to site so play nice :) - been through this hell also, agreement from CS to returns 10yo sons faulty tablet - repair or replace in 14 days - then nothing. Emailed seller nothing. Done various approaches with Amazon, chat tool, live phone, email. They went from helpful to toilet during each contact.

I could collate and compare notes with yourselves.

The upshot for me APPEARS to be:

Cambridge Sciences no longer sell whatsoever on Amazon so cannot be contacted via contact seller option on my order

Android Tablet UK or whatever replied to categorically state they are not "ex" Cambridge Sciences

Amazon will not assist in anyway and I suspect even if CS were still trading they would do no more than email them. They do not have a phone number for CS.

I have considered driving to Sunbury but its 60+ miles round the M25 one way, however the thought of entering the office decked out like John Rambo does have its appeal.

Looks like there is no way to recoup - my tablet was £177 about a year plus back, had to buy a replacement charger as CS said they do not cover peripherals, sent the tablet back registered, around £10 postage, provided return paid postage means, around £10, time spent chasing up this shambles of an outfit.

Lesson Learnt? - will not buy from third party sellers on Amazon anymore, the A-Z guarantee is not worth the pixels but I will continue to buy from Amazon themselves probably. With Currys prices lately (Google tab 32gb was £199) I am back to going to a shop, where it is easy to buy and return items rather than argue the toss about who pays for postage and then regardless having to send stuff back with a roll of the dice and an animal sacrifice to help it to go smoothly.

Apart from that, anyone got any advice on what next? CS disbanded, Amazon are teflon and dont care, any idea how to claim?

Cambridge Sciences Limited

Abbey House

Wellington Way

Weybridge

Surrey

UNITED KINGDOM

KT13 0TT

Company No: 07577644

telephone.png08719 190414

email.png [email protected]

link.pngwww.cambridge-sciences.com

social-facebook.pngOur Facebook page

social-twitter.png@starpad_CS

© 2012 Cambridge Science. All rights reserved (registered in England and Wales).

telephone.png 08719 190414

Thanks everybody for your advice.

@ Jammy Geezer I have contacted them via the Cambridge Sciences Email and stated that I will attempt to recover my costs. The address to which I sent the faulty tablet is the listed address for Cambridge Sciences so its difficult for them to claim they are not the same company.

Like PeteE my tablet was signed by a Mr Hollings, which I suspect is the address now listed for Android Tablets, all smoke and mirrors.

I think its disgusting so many of us have been effectively defrauded and am going to take this up with senior management at Amazon in the hope that they remove them from the market place.

Thanks everybody for your advice.

@ Jammy Geezer I have contacted them via the Cambridge Sciences Email and stated that I will attempt to recover my costs. The address to which I sent the faulty tablet is the listed address for Cambridge Sciences so its difficult for them to claim they are not the same company.

Like PeteE my tablet was signed by a Mr Hollings, which I suspect is the address now listed for Android Tablets, all smoke and mirrors.

I think its disgusting so many of us have been effectively defrauded and am going to take this up with senior management at Amazon in the hope that they remove them from the market place.

Please let us know how you get on with senior management Leisure Gherkin. I've been contacting Amazon about this and I have got absolutely nowhere. They don't want anything to do with it and keep telling me to contact the seller directly... I've been emailing the seller through Amazon and getting no response at all, how else am I supposed to contact them? How this can be allowed is beyond me!