Dutch collection agency contacting me in uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks UB, i think that is the route i will take, I have also seen posts that say DMS (capital recoveries) is

just another DCA and have quite possibly bought the debt from cci legal and are trying it on?

All possibilities of course .

Time will tell I will update if anything to add, if no one else has any exp of this or advice,

Thanks again.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys just a quick update.

had a letter 2 days ago from a DCA from Eindhoven Holland asking for this debt to be paid.

Was a pretty standard letter from a Dutch DCA.

Since the unanswered visit from the debt door collector leaving his details to get in touch ( which i didnt.) or he would be back ( he wasnt) I havent heard anything more from cci legal or capital recoveries.

So i guess its gone back over the North Sea for the cloggies to have another stab at?

Any more news ill let you know.

Any thoughts on this guys?

cheers SDA

UK debt collector obviously tried and failed.

Unlikely anything is going to happen, if there is no legal way forward, where the possibility of obtaining money from you seems unlikely without incurring costs, they would never get back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Update!

Had a letter from cci legal again today, 3rd one actually in the last 2 months, last one was from Feb from door knocker which I ignored.

1st one you owe this amount please get in touch to arrange payment.

2nd we haven't heard from you please pay in 7 days.

Today's we will take you to court if we don't hear from you in the next 7 days. To avoid this get in touch now.

Obviously it is unnerving but I will stand my ground and see what comes next.

The letters again seem standard issue.

Will add more as it happens.

SDA

Does it say will or could/may?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not sure I just tore the letter up and binned it Along with all the others I've recieved in the last 4 years.

In my view if they take me to court, it will be sorted

Fairly I am a union rep and will recieve free Legal representation along with anyone else

That is in a union so it will be fairly resolved.

If however the threats keep coming but no Action taken, that I can deal with and will just Keep putting the letters in the bin?

Can't really see what else there is to do in this one?

Fairly I am a union rep and will recieve free

Legal representation along with anyone else

That is in a union so it will be fairly resolved.

I'm sure it won't come to it, but are you sure your union will pay any legal fees? In my experience, such representation is confined to legal advice and / or representation in matters arising directly from your employment but not from your personal financial affairs...

You should find out what rights you have under Dutch law in regard to the debt.

For example you might have the right to request a copy of the original agreement, statement of account, breakdown calculation of interest, a detailed explanation of charges added to the account.

If you want to muddy the waters, you can do this by making reasonable requests for information.

If there are reasons for dispute, then enter into a dispute in writing.

UK courts don't like getting involved with foreign debts, if there is any ongoing dispute or lack of compliance with reasonable requests for information you had made.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

Update today received another letter..

CLI Legal big red letters..... Notice of Personal visit

Please accept this letter as confirmation that we are now turning this matter to our doorstep collection agents as a final attempt to discuss this matter.

Unless you contact us within 7 days our doorstep bloke will be instructed to visit on a regular basis until contact has been established and repayment has been made.

Firstly .... What happened to final notice before court action?

Secondly... A door knocker has been before left letter and number didn't contact letters from cli started again it seems we have gone full circle?

What does everyone think about this?

Oh and yes I get full legal representation no from my Union but it's obvious it's not going to come to that?

Thanks guys, SDA.

That's some letter , thanks.

I will let them visit a couple of times first then possibly send it.

I'm quite willing to go through the legal process.

It's the DCA that seems willing to make threats

But reluctant to follow them through.

Until that day I won't be doing anything it's been 4 yrs now

They still haven't enforced anything taken me anywhere to pay anything so on and so on.

I would not bother responding.

If you do, you could ask whether they would like coffee or tea and do they have dietary requirements such as gluten free.

You look forward to welcoming them to your door, as it is some time since you last had a visitor and would like to make it a special occasion.

Also ask whether they need a bed for the night, as you can make up the spare room.

If they needed a lift I could possibly help out too?

Your right, I won't be replying GUB if anyone visits and I'm in ill just give them the 3 count then im calling the cops, and don't come back without a written invitation from me.

Which you won't be getting.

If they take court action I'll welcome that wholehearted.

If they turn up, just ignore them.

Don't even speak to them.

They are mostly people who work on a commision basis and will not be there long if they are ignored.

They will want to get to the next appointment.

For a mortage debt of E40k +, it is possible they might pursue this further, but if they were going to do so, why have not done so yet ?

Surely they would just pass it to a UK Solicitors that deals with foreign debts to be enforced in the UK and instruct them to issue a court claim in the UK.

They would obviously have to pay the Solicitors relevant fees, as I doubt they would act and wait to get it back if they won in court.

If they knew that you owned assets in the UK which covered the debt and the costs they would incur, they would try much harder.

They just want you to enter into a payment arrangement which they hope you will continue for years.

If they sell on the debt, it is then more valuable.

At the moment, they are getting no return on this debt.

I asked a Dutch friend about debt in the Netherlands and he gave me the following info......

Depending on the type of debt it can be 20 years, 5 years or 2 years.

For Mortgages it should be 5 years.

However, those 5 years are counted from the last time the creditor asked for payment.

Every time they ask, the 5 year countdown starts again.

The creditor has to prove the debtor got the request to pay, so it has be signed mail or some other offical document.

http://www.geld.nl/lenen/service/verjaring-schulden

gives a decent explanation, but keep in mind it's not an official document.

So if I am reading the info on the link right and my translation isnt that good, if whoever you owe to has not used a signed for postal service or you havnt replied to the debt collection agency it goes SB after 5 years but if you answer any communication to the debt collection company it resets the clock.

Just to reiterate, there is a letter posted a few posts back. Do NOT send that letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That's some letter , thanks.

I will let them visit a couple of times first then possibly send it.

I'm quite willing to go through the legal process.

It's the DCA that seems willing to make threats

But reluctant to follow them through.

Until that day I won't be doing anything it's been 4 yrs now

They still haven't enforced anything taken me anywhere to pay anything so on and so on.

You would be very foolish indeed to send the letter that joey posted up for you.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think joey posted a freeman of the land (FMOTL) template about visitors, which has been deleted by the CAG site team.

We don't believe that these FMOTL templates work, as most of what is said is very debateable.

They are basically saying that everymans home is his castle and he decides who can visit.

There are rules that apply to debt collector visits and you don't have to speak with them.

If they are not acting in regard to a legal process either under legislation or sanctioned by a court, you can simply write to them saying that you will only accept communications in writing.

If they continued to make visits, they were threatening in anyway and caused you harassment, you can of course make a complaint to the Police of harassment.

But you would have to provide a list of evidence, for them to take you seriously.