• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Storecard PPI - Creation Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out 2 store cards in 2001 which I finally paid off a couple of years ago. As everyone was talking about PPI I wrote to Creation questioning whether I had paid PPI and they confirmed that I have been paying PPI on both accounts. I asked them for a refund and they provided me with a copy of the CCA for each account and advised me that as the PPI box was ticked, it has not been missold to me.

The application forms were not completed by myself, and I definitely would not have agreed to PPI - I do not believe that I was given any information at the time regarding PPI so would not have been in a position to agree to it. The box for PPI 3D was ticked but not by me. I took out both of the storecards the day after I turned 18 (stupid I know).

The CCA that they have sent me are illegible so I cannot read what the cost of the PPI was and I am unaware how much I have actually paid. They said that it would have been on my statements but I no longer have them.

I have written back to creation asking them to reconsider and I am awaiting a reply.

Can I take this further if they say no again? I have been advised that in 2001 they were not under FOS juristriction so would this be game over?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi

I would SAR them to get as much information as I could regarding statements etc.

From the statements that come back you can work out broadly what you are due back.

You should also complete a fos questionnaire and send that to them with a copy of a spreadsheet (your claim calculation) and a letter requesting the refund.

If you have already done a letter to them, wait and see what comes back. Don't give in at the first hurdle.

ims

you certainly have a claim

it might be an idea to SAR them as you are going to need all the statements to put in a properly

formed claim, rather than hoping creation will 'be nice' - they wont as they know you've not researched your rights etc.

see the CC PPI link in my sig below.

comeback here when you have all the statements.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ims21, thank you very much for such a quick reply :)

Yes it was the FOS questionaire that I originally completed and sent to them (I think). I have received a final response for each account declining my claim for a refund. The responses are identical to the word so must just be a standard response they issue.

I have now written back to them outlining that I did not complete the form or tick the box and that I was not given any information regarding the PPI - I did both in store and Im sure it was just a case of signing the form. The copies of the CCA's are so poor.

Thanks again

and i bet they'll pull the 6yrs stunt!

they are crafty buggers

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Keep at them - I got them to pay up on my PPI complaint a year before the judicial review, it took a year but they caved in eventually. They handled it appallingly, tried every trick in the book so don't give them an inch and just remember that as you have no debt left on the cards that every day they drag this out the 8% statutory interest they'll also have to pay you will keep racking up. Good luck :)

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Keep at them - I got them to pay up on my PPI complaint a year before the judicial review, it took a year but they caved in eventually. They handled it appallingly, tried every trick in the book so don't give them an inch and just remember that as you have no debt left on the cards that every day they drag this out the 8% statutory interest they'll also have to pay you will keep racking up. Good luck :)

Thanks freelance, congrats on your win :) did you have a thread at the time? I would love to read about your experience with creation. Thanks for your reply.

I did start threads for some of my PPI complaints but I didn't update them really! It was such a maddening experience trying to get PPI back before the judicial review I think my posts would have put most people off trying! No reason not to try now though...........

I was going after Creation for both late fees and PPI.

I sent them an SAR and they immediately applied the £10 to my card which was already paid off like yours and put me £10 in credit - and then they did nothing else at all. They then claimed I'd never sent them an SAR and had just randomly sent a cheque to my own account. After a lot of prodding they claimed they couldn't locate my original application form (which had been filled out entirely by the girl in the shop) and sent me a blank application form for a completely different card. They then sent me a completely random selection of statements which is all they said they had on record for my account. After months of getting nowhere I went to the FOS who, at the time, couldn't do much and Creation had refused to supply details of the insurer - who the FOS had said they might be able to chase but I had to get the details myself. I went back to Creation, threatened them with the ICO for failing to to supply details of the PPI policy and insurer as part of the SAR. They replied by referring to their response to my SAR and then claiming I'd never sent them one, all in the same letter! After one final letter threatening the ICO and including copies of all correspondence between Creation and myself they then offered to refund the late fees and PPI premiums as a goodwill gesture. They added 8% as well but not quite how it should have been done, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to chase them anymore, looking back at the paperwork it was actually almost 18months since I'd sent the SAR by this point!

I also managed to get my PPI back from Ikano (Habitat card) around the same time with a similar experience - they eventually tripped themselves up by doctoring a letter and forgetting they'd already sent me the original - goodwill gesture followed very quickly!

See what you get back in your SAR (which will be incomplete) and then come down on them like a ton of bricks making it clear that your will be reporting them to the ICO as well as the FOS. It might be worth noting that as you have done your SAR after your PPI complaint they should also be sending you details of your PPI complaint and their investigation into it as part of their response, including computer records - if they fail to do this it's proof if nothing else that they've failed to respond in full.

Also I'm not sure what the situation is with the FOS and store cards at the moment - some of the store cards wouldn't have been regulated so make sure you get the insurer/underwriter's details off the Creation as an alternative route and include those in any correspondence you have with the FOS if you end up referring your complaint to them. As part of the SAR Creation should be supplying details of any third parties they have dealt with on your account - that includes the insurer/underwriter for the PPI.

Finally, if you feel that they have failed to investigate your complaints properly (i.e. they've sent you standard responses which don't refer to your specific complaint) you can complain to them again despite the 'Final Response'. It may not get you any further but pointing out this additional failing, making it clear your next step is the FOS, does no harm.

Fingers crossed and remember you have absolutely nothing to lose :)

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Hi Freelance,

It sounds like you had an awful time with it!! Well done for sticking at it and getting a result!

I have also had late fees from creation and mentioned this in my last letter to them. I cant remember how much they charged at the time for late payment fees. Like you say, the responses I received back were clearly template letters which is why I replied pointing out the specific reasons I feel that the PPI was miss-sold.

I cant believe that Ikano doctored a letter :!: how shocking!!!

Creation have sent me a copy of the PPI policy document which states that the policy was with St Andrews Life Assurance plc and St Andrews Insurance plc. It also provides their address and the policy number.

Like you say, I'll see what I get back from the SAR and will take it from there. I also wonder whether they will respond to my follow up letters which I sent a couple of weeks ago by recorded delivery.

Many thanks again :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I am still awaiting a response to my SAR..

But I have received a reply to one of the follow up letters I sent (They are dealing with each account seperately so I sent the same letter to each investigator)

In my previous letter I had asked that they send me a Legible copy of the CCA, they have sent me the CCA's already but they are such bad copies that I cannot read any of the figures quoted for the PPI - I have even tried to read it with a magnifying glass but dont have a clue what it says.

The reply I have received says 'to reiterate, the cost of the cover is clearly visable on the copy of the application form enclosed with my previous response' - Errrrrrrm its not clearly visable, this is why I requested a LEGIBLE COPY

Do they have any responsibility to send a copy which is readable?

I have also noticed that whilst both of my CCA's are from 2001 they are slightly different in that one of them appears to have a space for a signature under the PPI boxes but this has not been signed. Should this have been signed also or do they feel it is good enough just to obtain a signature on the main form??

Many thanks again - this is so frustrating

await the sar reply

that will show ppi payments

dx

and they

Thanks dx100uk - apologies, patience is not a strong point of mine :)

I have received a further response from Creation this morning and now I am confused about whether I have actually been paying PPI at all.

I have not yet received a reply to by SAR. However, one of the complaints advisors who dealt with my enquiry as provided me with some statements to show how the PPI was presented to me on one of my accounts. It mentions an 'insurance premium' on the first statement but nothing on the others?

statement date

25/09/2001

13 Sep - USC £193

13 Sep - 10% introductory offer - £19.30 CR

22 Sep - Cpp New Applications London - £12

25 Sep - Insurance premium - £1.83

Balance - £187.53

Minimum payment due - £9.37

To Reach us by - 17 Oct 2001

Total available to spend - £12.47

Statement date

24 Oct 2001

25 Sep - Balance from last statement - £187.53

12 Oct - Payment received, thank you - £40 CR

24 Oct - Service Charge at 2.2% per month - £5.76

Balance - £153.29

Minimum payment due - £7.66

To Reach us by 15 Nov 2001

Total available to spend £46.71

Then all future stateements are the same as the above and do not mention insurance. Does this mean that all I paid on this account was £1.83?

Thanks and apologies if I am being really thick!! :)

well there are two then

cpp credit protection plan [external company - use our search top right - you can get that back from CPP]

ins premium

that'll be ppi

await the sar

dx

and they

i would suspect you'll have cpp every year on the same date.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Has anyone got an address to write to Creation please to get the relevant information as I had a store card with them a few years ago and feel pretty sure that I would have been paying PPI on it at the time, but I can't find an address to write to.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Jenny

Hi everyone

Has anyone got an address to write to Creation please to get the relevant information as I had a store card with them a few years ago and feel pretty sure that I would have been paying PPI on it at the time, but I can't find an address to write to.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Jenny

SAR requests can go to

Creation Financial Services Limited. Registered office: Chadwick House, Blenheim Court, Solihull B91 2AA

ims

• 2 weeks later...

I received my SAR today...two huge packs of statements and I also received a further letter from creation in relation to charges on one of the accounts. They have said that they will refund me £144 plus interest at the rate of 8% = £10.32. I raised a query regarding charges on both accounts and am still awaiting a response regarding the other account.

Even though I have received all of my statements I still dont have a clue how much I have paid in PPI. The statements are clear as mud to me.

From Dec 2001 - June 2002 PPI is clearly included on my statements as 'insurance premium' and ranges from £3.73 to £4.52 per month.

However, from July 2002 onwards 'insurance premium' is no longer listed on my statements nor is the intrerest or anything else. From this date onwards the only information on the statements is as below;

20JUL02

BALANCE - £471.90

£101.59

£82.11

12 AUG 02

20AUG02

9AUG - PAYMENT RECEIVED £250.00CR

BALANCE £221.90

£11.09

11 SEP 02

19SEPT02

BALANCE £221.90

£21.63

£11.09

11 OCT 02

19OCT02

BALANCE £221.90

£31.64

£21.63

11 NOV 02

20NOV02

PAYMENT RECEIVED £100.00CR

BALANCE £121.90

£6.09

12 DEC 02

19DEC02

BALANCE £121.90

£11.88

£6.09

10 JAN 03

21JAN03

BALANCE £121.90

£17.38

£11.88

12 FEB 03

19FEB03

BALANCE £121.90

£22.60

£17.38

13 MAR 03

20MAR03

PAYMENT RECEIVED £21.90CR

BALANCE £100.00

£5.00

11 APR 03

21APR03

BALANCE £100.00

£10.00

£5.00

13 MAY 03

21MAY03

PAYMENT RECEIVED £50.00CR

BALANCE £50.00

£5.00

12 JUN 03

21JUN 03

BALANCE £50.00

£10.00

£5.00

14 JUL 03

21JUL03

BALANCE £50.00

£15.00

£10.00

12 AUG 03

19AUG03

BALANCE £50.00

£20.00

£15.00

10 SEP 03

18SEP03

BALANCE £50.00

£25.00

£20.00

10 OCT O3

20OCT03

BALANCE £50.00

£30.00

£25.00

11 NOV 03

19NOV03

BALANCE £50.00

£35.00

£30.00

11 DEC 03

18DEC03

DELINQUENCY CHARGE OFF £50.00CR

BALANCE £50.00

£50.00

£50.00

09 JAN 04

Can someone please advise me what the figures listed below the balance will be? I gather one will be a minimum payment?..what will the other figure be?

Also does anyone know what a delinquency charge is and why the statements may have stopped showing the interest, ppi etc?

Many Thanks :)