Dj v Halifax - Section 75 chargeback

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a holiday online using my Halifax cc.

The holiday destination was Madeira and package included return flights and 4 nights HB at 4* hotel.

Flights left on time and very comfortable, but when we reached the hotel it was absolutely freezing. There was no heating in the hotel at all, so we ended up spending the first night in our coats and 3 layers of blankets.

We complained the next morning and were advised by hotel staff there was nothing they could do, as she sat shivering in her heavy coat.

A long story short we checked out and ended up booking into a different hotel for the remainder of our stay.

Upon return to UK we contacted travel agent who are dragging their feet saying they will investigate. So I decided to initiate a section 75 chargeback and contacted the Halifax.

Two days later they have written to me saying they cannot help us in the case because " the hotel accommodation was still available"

I contacted them by phone and they are adamant they will not refund my money and section 75 does not apply because the accommodation was still available when we left.

Am tempted to refer this one to the FOS.

Any advise, suggestions most welcome.

DJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Scouse,

Many thanks for your reply.

No I had not seen this article, so thank you for that as well.

I have had a final response letter from Halifax and they insist section 75 does not apply because " we have no way of recovering the money" Not sure what makes them think I care.

Anyway I have passed the case to the Financial Ombudsman and we will see what they come back with.

Thanks again.

Damien

• 2 years later...