Advice needed please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my husband and myself have been private tenants for just over 4 years, our landlord has always been really good but recently we recieved a letter saying the mortgage company has put recievers in charge of the house and all future rents are to be paid directly to them and they also want a copy of our tenancy agreement, I contacted our landlord and he knew this was about to happen, he said not to send the tenancy agreement as he was going to send us a new (amended ) one, when it came there is no mention of the bond we paid (it is on the original agreement tho but we didn't recieve any paperwork as to if it had been put in the protection scheme so don't know if he actually did it or not) and also the amended tenancy agreement shows less rent than we actually pay as he wants us to send him the difference each month. Also when we moved in no inventory was completed and we told the estate agent of all existing damages but they have since gone bust, can anyone offer any advice as to where we would stand getting our bond back, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi, my husband and myself have been private tenants for just over 4 years, our landlord has always been really good but recently we recieved a letter saying the mortgage company has put recievers in charge of the house and all future rents are to be paid directly to them and they also want a copy of our tenancy agreement, I contacted our landlord and he knew this was about to happen, he said not to send the tenancy agreement as he was going to send us a new (amended ) one, when it came there is no mention of the bond we paid (it is on the original agreement tho but we didn't recieve any paperwork as to if it had been put in the protection scheme so don't know if he actually did it or not) and also the amended tenancy agreement shows less rent than we actually pay as he wants us to send him the difference each month. Also when we moved in no inventory was completed and we told the estate agent of all existing damages but they have since gone bust, can anyone offer any advice as to where we would stand getting our bond back, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi Welcome to CAG I have alerted the site team regarding

your post.

In my opinion this would be a dangerous thing

to do, as I can see problems being caused if the

landlord is caught defrauding the receiver, which

will rebound on you if and when it come to light.

You I think need to get qualified help locally about

this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Karen

Seek advice from CAB, I would send the old Tenancy Agreement, sent the rental payments to the receivers, make sure you get a receipt for the payments. Complete an inventory and damages as stated by the estate agents, send that to the receivers. Send them Recorded Delivery.

A good source of info:- http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/renting_and_leasehold/renting_agreements

Did you get any notification from one of the three recognised Deposit Protection services at anytime following the tenancy commencement?

What does the tenancy agreement state as to who holds the deposit?

I hope that the landlords agent was not holding it? If they did were they a member of a governing body which means that the deposit maybe protected under a "bonding" scheme.

If the deposit was sent to the landlord I would personally request that the landlord places this within a recognised scheme within 7 days.