Vanquis and their £12 charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya guys.

I've held a Vanquis card for several years now (5+) and reading this forum I've seen some charges applied by lenders aren't always legit.

As such, I was just wondering if any of the 'overlimit' charges (especially when the interest put me over as I couldn't actually spend more then upto the limit) £12 or the 'late payment' fees of £12 fell into that category?

I don't mind paying what I owe but I don't want to pay something that I don't.

Thanks for any help.

hi im in the same boat...never used the card..only 250 limit...over a year gone up to 454...im refusing to pay..as ive not purchased nothing on card..and yet have purchase interest of 12.00...suddenly a 5.40 repayment option appearing on latest statement in which i did not agree to...ive asked for a copy of my contract with signature accepting these terms....good luck with them...xxxx sorry cant be any help..but know what you mean..

Okay thanks.

If that's the case, how do I start to go about it?

(I think my situation is slightly different to yours Julie as I am currently under my credit limit and have always paid the charges without questions for many years)

Hi

Have a read of 3 and 4 in my signature.

Also do some reading around the bank forums on chareges reclaims and it will give the process to follow.

ims